Windows 10: Lock screen is shutting down my apps

Discus and support Lock screen is shutting down my apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, When I lock my laptop to go and do something elsewhere, it shuts down the apps that were running at the time. This is something that has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by johnhvisser, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Lock screen is shutting down my apps

Hi there,
    When I lock my laptop to go and do something elsewhere, it shuts down the apps that were running at the time. This is something that has just started happening.

The two apps to which this has happened are
    Outlook 2013 &
    Virtual Weather Station.

Please, can I have some help?

:)

johnhvisser, Mar 16, 2017
  2. casparov Win User

Amber Update Lock Screen problem Lumia 820

I'm getting a similar issue since the Amber update - press the lock button and I get a grey screen, I can keep pressing the locking/unlocking button and "maybe" the screen will come on fine - generally I have to hold down the lock button until the grey
    screen appears (this is in fact the "slide to shut down" screen - I slide my finger over it and the phone will then shut down - press power button and my screen will then work until it then locks itself again.

Anyone got any ideas please?

casparov, Mar 16, 2017
  3. PC won't shut down properly

Whenever I go to shut down regularly, it shows the shutting down screen then promptly cuts to the lock screen, and doesn't shut down.

I've done Malware scans, nothing wrong there.

Brandon Vicars-Harris, Mar 16, 2017
Thema:

Lock screen is shutting down my apps

1. Lock screen is shutting down my apps - Similar Threads - Lock screen shutting

2. My laptop is showing a locking screen and shutting down by it self.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop is showing a locking screen and shutting down by it self.: Im Using my laptop and its showing a locking screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-showing-a-locking-screen-and-shutting/47cf99e0-a92f-4f6f-b10d-beb9cedb9546
  3. Auto Locking and Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Locking and Shutting Down: Hi Guys I've got a very common problem with my fresh Win 10 Pro 32bit install. After an unspecified amount of time (all different lengths), my laptop keeps auto locking, then shutting down, no amount of button presses stops this process, i havde to wait fir it to conpletely...
  4. screen displays "lock screen" and shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen displays "lock screen" and shuts down: My laptop using Windows 10 has suddenly encountered two problems: The screen will display "lock screen" for 1 or 2 seconds and shut down. This is seemingly random, as it doesn't appear associated with any particular website. The timing is also random, sometimes occurring...
  5. My Screen Says Locking and Shuts down..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Screen Says Locking and Shuts down..: There is a big issue..Whenever i am watching any video or doing a class..My laptop automaticaly shuts down with a screen which states locking...Its a huge issue...And sometimes there comes a warning of overheating..but thats fixed now...still it comes...I had repaired it like...
  6. Screen showing "Locking" message then automatically shuts down.

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen showing "Locking" message then automatically shuts down.: Hi, I am face with this problem. When my laptop is switched on. Then after a certain usage time, the screen flashing the word " Locking", then it immediately and automatically shuts down. I have to restart my laptop again. I am using a Lenovo laptop with WIndows 10. I read...
  7. Suddenly laptop get shut down by showing LOCKING on screen and its shut down

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Suddenly laptop get shut down by showing LOCKING on screen and its shut down: My laptop get automatic update for window recently in July 2020 its update 4 time but after one of its update my laptop get shut down automatically after showing LOCKING message on screen, i tried so many time to resolve by setting in PCI Express i switch them off but still...
  8. Locking and systems shuts down???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locking and systems shuts down???: Ever since I upgraded with Windows and also changed my battery my computer constantly out of the blue LOCKS. Says Locking and then shuts down. So annoying and it happens alot....
  9. Locking Then Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Locking Then Shut Down: Is Anybodys PC/Laptop Say Locking And Then Shut Down If Anybody Else Has This Or Knows How To Fix It Please Say I Have A HP Pavilion Laptop Running Windows 10 Home With A Samsung 1TB SSD 149300
  10. lock-up at shut-down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lock-up at shut-down: My computer in Windows 10 locks up at shut-down and I have to manually turn it off. How do I regain normal shut-down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-up-at-shut-down/ce811795-053c-4254-ba88-ba9adbb60ec3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Lock screen is shutting down my apps

2. my lock screen is shutting down my applications