Windows 10: Lock Screen Issue, new Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Lock Screen Issue, new Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last night I upgraded to the new Windows 10 Update and it was working just fine, but this afternoon my computer started doing this on the lock-screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NoDice, Dec 1, 2017.

1. NoDice Win User

Lock Screen Issue, new Windows 10 Update

Last night I upgraded to the new Windows 10 Update and it was working just fine, but this afternoon my computer started doing this on the lock-screen every time I would close my laptop/lock it. Has anyone else had this issue? I am on an Alienware 15 R2. It runs fine otherwise, I just need to restart every time this happens.

:)

NoDice, Dec 1, 2017

2. Lock screen doesn't respond to keyboard following Nov. update

Thanks Ashish,

I have created a new power plan, selected it and then restarted Windows.

However I still experience that the lock screen sometimes does not respond to keypress except the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination. So creating a new power plan did not remedy the issue.

I have done some extra searching on the issue, and it seems to be a well known "feature" of the November update.

Here is another thread for IT Pro's describing the exact same issue after the November update:

Lock
    screen won't slide up on while using keyboard after the november update for Windows 10

Note: The issue also appears on the built in keyboard of an Acer laptop. Also note the reply indicating that this is a known bug with no timeframe for resolution.

And some other threads in this forum:

I have now decided to use the Ctrl-Alt-Del workaround until the issue is somehow fixed, others may prefer the mouse or disabling the pre-lock screen.

Ole Frost :), Dec 1, 2017
  3. Supress Microsoft 10 upgrade pop up

How do you suppress the pop up for the upgrade to Microsoft 10?

Microsoft 10 update issue, Dec 1, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Hello, NoDice. Welcome to Windows TenForums.

What is it set to in Settings app > Personalization > Lock screen?

Tony K, Dec 1, 2017
  5. NoDice Win User
    Here's what my computer gives me when I go there.

NoDice, Dec 1, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    That would be wrong driver. You will have to boot into Safe mode to remove the device and driver, then reboot.

bro67, Dec 1, 2017
  7. Tony K Win User
    @NoDice

First thing that comes to mind > Does Dell have their own images that may be in conflict with Windows?

Did you try setting it to "Picture" to see if that works? "Slide show"?

Check to see if you have all the latest drivers from Dell: Support for Alienware 15 R2 | Drivers & downloads | Dell US

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Lock Screen Issue, new Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Issue

2. Window 10 lock screen password issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window 10 lock screen password issue: Hi. So I wanted to get rid of the lock screen password. Seems simple. Well after 3 hours of searching and trying everything including changing registry settings, Im at a loss. So where I would normally chose "Never" for ask for password, it is greyed out and says...
  3. Windows Lock Screen issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Lock Screen issue: HelloMy daughter's laptop recently went in for repair. It turns out that some files were corrupted so the laptop wouldn't start up and wouldn't diagnose or repair itself.Now that the laptop is back in our possession I have noticed that when the laptop is switched on it...
  4. Windows Lock Screen issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Lock Screen issues: For the last three days since my last update, I've had a problem with the lock screen. Everytime, the screen has been bugging out, and when I click to try to sign in regardless, it just shows a black screen for a moment before sending me back to the lock screen. Now...
  5. Windows 10 Lock Screen Issues

Windows 10 Lock Screen Issues: Hello All, I am having issues with my lock screen slideshow displaying on my Windows 10 PC, and instead displays a single image as a background which I had previously used but deleted. The image below in the preview box is the one I have deleted, and is not part of the...
  6. Windows 10 Lock Screen Issues

Windows 10 Lock Screen Issues: Hello everyone. I have a group of PC's on a Server Environment, joined to domain. Randomly 2 of the PC's are going to the Lock Screen after 1 minute of non-use. I have been going through everything that Ive found to make it work. List of things I have done/checked. This is on...
  7. Windows 10 Lock Screen issues

Windows 10 Lock Screen issues: I cannot get an image to display properly on my lock screen. My computers background image looks completely fine and fits the screen perfectly. I have tried resizing the photo to work for the lock screen, changing aspect ratios, everything. All it does it take a small section...
  8. Lock Screen Issue

Lock Screen Issue: The system requires to press Ctrl + Alt + Del to unlock it. How can I disable this operation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-issue/9cffcd61-5db3-4924-847d-c2d04b55af32
  9. Win 10 Lock screen issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Lock screen issue: Hi, I am using Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.376] and would like to keep the lock screen on for a certain amount of time (10 minutes). I searched here and found an outdated post (Power Options - Add Console lock display off timeout Tutorial | Windows 8 Help Forums)...
  10. Issue with windows lock and sign in screen after updating

Issue with windows lock and sign in screen after updating: Yesterday I did a windows update and my login screen went from the windows default screen (which I liked) to the windows spotlight screen. (you know the one that changes the photos daily) and the lock screen went from the spotlight screen to black. I have partially fixed...