Windows 10: Lock screen prompt - Administrator account disabled

Discus and support Lock screen prompt - Administrator account disabled in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently installed Windows 10 Enterprise on a Surface Pro II tablet. The tablet is not connected to a domain and I created my own personal/local... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dheck1961, Sep 7, 2015.

1. dheck1961 Win User

Lock screen prompt - Administrator account disabled

I recently installed Windows 10 Enterprise on a Surface Pro II tablet. The tablet is not connected to a domain and I created my own personal/local account. After giving my local account administrative privileges I disabled the administrator account using the command: net user administrator /active:no.

Now when I boot the tablet I get a message for the Administrator account: Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator. Once I click the OK button I can then log into my personal/local account.

How do I make the “Your account has been disabled” message go away? I know it’s been disabled and having to see this message each time I boot is pretty annoying.

:)

dheck1961, Sep 7, 2015
  2. rendul Win User

How to delete local user accounts on Windows 10?

Hi. You must have an administrator account to do this. I disabled the account in Administrative tools. Then with the remaining account you change the sign in info in Netplswiz. Make sure you have transferred all files to the other account before disabling
    the first account. The second account is made all powerful before doing anything. To get the lock screen gone, go to run, then regedit, go to software, personalization. Display all the commands and enable the No Lock Screen by clicking on it. One account,
    no log in and no lock screen.

Good luck!

rendul, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10

I cannot do any of these fixes. These fixes are what caused this problem My computer screen is locked in the administrator screen. Account disabled please see administrator. I can't even run my recovery discs.

conniesheehy, Sep 7, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello dheck1961, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like you may still have Windows set to automatically sign in to the disabled account at startup. Changing this to what you want in netplwiz should sort this for you if this is the case.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Brink, Sep 7, 2015
  5. dheck1961 Win User
    That fixed it. I don't recall this setting being offered as an option when I installed - I'm guessing it's something new under Windows 10.

Many thanks for saving what little sanity I have left!
    Dave

dheck1961, Sep 7, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Dave. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lock screen prompt - Administrator account disabled - Similar Threads - Lock screen prompt

2. Locked out of administrative account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of administrative account: Hi,I signed into our new workstation using my work/school account. After that I made a local account without using an email address, just a username and password and changed its type to administrative while changing my work/school account type to standard. After restarting...
  3. all Administrator accounts were either disabled or not showing at lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all Administrator accounts were either disabled or not showing at lock screen: I have windows 11 computer and all the administrator account is either locked or disabled or hidden. I have only access to standard account.I have created the new local admin account as administrator privileges' however, when I locked the device and checked it it was not...
  4. all Administrator accounts were either disabled or not showing at lock screen

all Administrator accounts were either disabled or not showing at lock screen: I have windows 11 computer and all the administrator account is either locked or disabled or hidden. I have only access to standard account.I have created the new local admin account as administrator privileges' however, when I locked the device and checked it it was not...
  5. Administrator account disabled and Command prompt missing in advanced option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator account disabled and Command prompt missing in advanced option: Dear Microsoft, I'm facing a problem that is actually bad .I can't login to my administrator account cuz it's disabled + Command Prompt missing in Advanced Option... Please reply...
  6. Administrator account disabled and Command prompt missing in advanced option

Administrator account disabled and Command prompt missing in advanced option: Dear Microsoft, I'm facing a problem that is actually bad .I can't login to my administrator account cuz it's disabled + Command Prompt missing in Advanced Option... Please reply...
  7. Administrator account disabled and Command prompt missing in advanced option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. administrator account was locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator account was locked: Several days ago, my computer was attacked and I set the strategy that any account will lock if someone tries login failed more than 3 times, and I also set the locked account will never unlock except admin unlock it. I think it is a very safe strategy but now I believe I did...
  9. Cant leave Administrator account disabled screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant leave Administrator account disabled screen: Hey, so after i went into safe mode to disable UAC i restarted the computer and got stuck on the login screen it showed the administrator account and under it said your account has been disabled. Contact the system administrator. And when i click ok it returns to this screen....
  10. Administrative account disabled

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrative account disabled: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and wanted to get rid of the login screen password and turn off UAC because I find both of them annoying. After I tried to disable the main user password, it basically removed all permissions from my profile and I couldn't access...