Windows 10: Lock screen reverts to old picture after reboot

Discus and support Lock screen reverts to old picture after reboot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Kinda having an odd issue. I use the windows spotlight to set my lock screen. So that it changes about once a day automatically. But when I reboot the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bobsagetfullhou, May 1, 2016.

1. Lock screen reverts to old picture after reboot

Kinda having an odd issue. I use the windows spotlight to set my lock screen. So that it changes about once a day automatically. But when I reboot the computer, it reverts back to some old lock screen image I set manually a couple months ago. If I login to the PC and lock it again, then it will go back to the spotlight image. Not a huge deal, just thought this was odd.

:)

bobsagetfullhou, May 1, 2016
  2. alunparry Win User

Personalation

Hi! Is it possible to personalise the lock screen on Nokia Lumia 625, so it is on after I have viewed messages, emails,etc? I have picked a picture, and set it as my lock screen, but after 5 minutes the screen reverts to black,, with no sign of the picture
    I set! Is it at all even possible to have a screensaver on a Windows phone?

alunparry, May 1, 2016
  3. Arbyfig Win User
    Unable to change Lock screen picture(Windows 10)

I have seen a lot of people post about the issue of to being unable to change the lock screen picture in windows 10 but most are unable to even select the file, for me when I select the file, the file is chosen, and it goes to show
    the small screen which should preview the lock screen, but it only shows that it is stuck loading, and if I do or click anything, it reverts to my old pictures

Arbyfig, May 1, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

Lock screen reverts to old picture after reboot

From what I've read about the lock screen it only changes the background when you lock the PC not when you restart/start the device. *Smile

Bastet, May 1, 2016
Thema:

Lock screen reverts to old picture after reboot

1. Lock screen reverts to old picture after reboot - Similar Threads - Lock screen reverts

2. Lock Screen Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Picture: I have followed all the suggestions for changing the lock screen picture and none of them have worked. My Windows version is 2001 Build 19041.329. I have done the following: Right-click on desktop, select Personalize, select Lock Screen. For BACKGOUND I select Picture...
  3. Picture on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Picture on lock screen: How do I change the picture on my lock screen? I did something by accident and changed the picture to something I don't want to see. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-on-lock-screen/fb1af5ca-bcb7-442f-9498-cb6e2d78dca1
  4. lock picture on screen

lock picture on screen: how to remove lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-picture-on-screen/cd0efa2b-6b95-44d7-a060-33c5422405bd
  5. lock screen picture

lock screen picture: The lock screen picture of the Lake within the mountains is depressing me as it looks cold and dangerous and i would hate to be near there , evry time i boot my pc this picture comes on and cannot be deleted, it is really depressing me now i should be able to have a blank...
  6. lock screen pictures

lock screen pictures: how do you change the lock screen pictures my has the same one all the time can you get different pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-pictures/c6fb4f62-68aa-4e71-8eaf-7ccde4270d04
  7. lock screen pictures

lock screen pictures: I have tried to delete lock screen pictures. You know the ones /cave/beach/plane/etc.etc.I went in to c:/screen/web file and took full control and was able to delete the cave/bluescreen/and beach pictures. Then added six of my own pictures.I then resarted my laptop and my...
  8. lock screen pictures

lock screen pictures: I have windows 10 home edition I turned on windows spot light it comes on for a second and then that rocky cave beach seen pops up so I went to c:/windows/web/screen and found the default lock screen pictures and took control of that folder/file and went into that cave...
  9. lock screen picture

lock screen picture: I have selected the pic I want for the lock screen, but where do I select the way it is displayed-like stretch/tile, etc.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-picture/665eadea-11b6-4af4-b555-4948d2d12662
  10. Lock screen picture

Lock screen picture: I have a desktop and laptop, both are Windows 10 Pro, both are version 1607 and both are build version 14393.222 and both are fully updated. So why are the lock screens showing different pictures? On the laptop is show a nice Fall picture and on my desktop is showing some...