Windows 10: Lock screen showing comments now?

Discus and support Lock screen showing comments now? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My lock screen, with Windows Spotlight - that changing screen that shows up before you log on to Windows, and asks "Do you like what you see?" - is now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Samus, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Samus Win User

Lock screen showing comments now?

My lock screen, with Windows Spotlight - that changing screen that shows up before you log on to Windows, and asks "Do you like what you see?" - is now showing random comments on the screen... I have no idea where these are coming from. They look like social-media-type comments, one-liners about the picture being showed.
    WTF? Has anyone else seen this? How can I make it stop? I know I can change the Spotlight feature by switching to a static picture or slideshow in Personalization/Lock Screen, but honestly I kind of like Spotlight and was really enjoying it for a few months before these weird comments started showing up. Screenshot shows the settings I have currently (I never changed any of these):
    Detailed status: Calendar
    Quick status: Mail Calendar Phone Messaging
    Not really sure what those do, or if they are related to the problem.
    Thanks for any help!

Lock screen showing comments now? [​IMG]

:)

Samus, Apr 22, 2016
  2. gmopro Win User

PC start up - lockscreen photo from Windows

ok so those comments about the photo are only on the lockscreen. Ok. so my only issue is that the lockscreen is black and no photo there, but does have the comments about the photo. It is fine on the bootup. i guess i can try switching to pictures and then
    back to the windows screen thing.

Ok, test complete. it did not fix it.

I switched to the Picture, then i locked the screen and the screen was black. then the image showed when i hit a key and i could log in.

i switched back to windows spotlight and same thing.. black screen when doing the ctrl alt delete, lock, etc.

gmopro, Apr 22, 2016
  3. Beroun Win User
    Screen Saver Randomly Turning OFF

Hi,

Got email that this question is answered. NO it is not!

The two questions are still there:

Changing the Personalize/Lock Screen Setting from Picture to Slide Show does not seem to do anything. I do not see any Slide Show when the initial screen comes up when rebooting? What is to be expected to happen?

Changing the Personalize/Lock Screen Setting from Picture to Slide Show shuts down the Screen Saver? Is that intended and if yes why?

I do appreciate a comment from Time Lady above but it does not answer my questions.

It would be appreciated if someone (preferably from Microsoft) does.

Thank You

Beroun, Apr 22, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 22, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    It is pulling from Bing.com. Waste of Internet if you ask me. Just set to shut down the screen, so that you do not burn out the inverter and light for the screen.

bro67, Apr 22, 2016
  6. Samus Win User
    Thank you! But I know I can just disable the whole Spotlight. I just was hoping someone could tell me why the comments suddenly started appearing after months of nice quiet beautiful pictures, and if there was anyway to make them stop without turning off Spotlight.

Samus, Apr 22, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    It is because it pulls those pictures off of Bing.com. Just disable the feature and set to place the monitor into sleep mode.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lock screen showing comments now? - Similar Threads - Lock screen showing

2. Lock screen not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen not showing: Hi , Since the last few days i have been trying to get the lock screen as it wouldn't appear when i open my laptop I tried many ways but none of them worked so i came here to ask ....
  3. Lock screen not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen not showing: Hi , Since the last few days i have been trying to get the lock screen as it wouldn't appear when i open my laptop I tried many ways but none of them worked so i came here to ask ....
  4. Lock screen not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Clock showing on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock showing on Lock Screen: How do you remove the time from the lock screen saver in Windows 11? I like the selection I made, yet the clock if front and center and takes away from this picture. Looks terrible. Please create an update to allow us to remove it or place it somewhere else....
  6. Disqus Comments not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disqus Comments not showing: I am having a problem with all sites on Edge that use Disqus for comments. They do not show. I am getting them on other browsers so this is obviously a problem with Edge. I was getting them until recently....
  7. Show Lock Screen on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show Lock Screen on Login Screen: When I set the Lock Screen to display for the Login Screen it does show, but just as a blurry image of the actual image set for the lock screen does this happen for everyone or does the Login screen show the same as it does for the lock screen? WIN 10 Pro 64Bit Thank you,...
  8. Deleted stuff in "SystemData" & now lock screen BG image not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted stuff in "SystemData" & now lock screen BG image not showing: Hello everyone, I am using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 17763, and a while ago I had this problem with my lock screen background image, the problem was that even though I had enforced a specific jpg file even in the Gpedit.msc, it sometimes kept reverting back to a sea...
  9. Applications Now Showing Up In Lock Screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Applications Now Showing Up In Lock Screen.: Why does my locked screen not show chosen app? ***Moved From: Windows 10/Desktop, Start, & personalization/Desktop*** ***Changed Original Title From: Locked screen***...
  10. Lock screen apps not showing up on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen apps not showing up on lock screen: I've tried searching through the forum but can't see anyone who has a similar issue. I can access the lock screen settings and I can see all available apps and have set a detailed status app and a couple of less detailed ones. However, when I actually get to the lock...