Windows 10: Lock Screen/Sign-in screen problems - screen shows three users

Discus and support Lock Screen/Sign-in screen problems - screen shows three users in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've been using Windows 10 for just over one year. For some reason the Lock Screen/Sign-in screen shows three users. All three are me in three... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bcloonan, Sep 26, 2016.

1. bcloonan Win User

Lock Screen/Sign-in screen problems - screen shows three users

I've been using Windows 10 for just over one year. For some reason the Lock Screen/Sign-in screen shows three users. All three are me in three iterations. I find also that when trying to save some excel and word documents I receive messages saying that i am not allowed to save to this folder or that folder. I am able to save to the desk top and then drag and drop the document into the folder that I need to place it in. I know that this must have something to do with "permissions". Not sure how to fix that. One of the accounts that shows up is the initial account that I created back when hotmail.com was around. Any ideas/advice on these issues? When i updated to Windows 10, pretty certain that i followed all of the instructions, although that has been over 1 year now. Thank you in advance...cheers and beers to all!

:)

bcloonan, Sep 26, 2016
  2. Rich&rd Win User

Intermittent Win 10 welcome screen fault

I just switched off the setting "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" and now, when I am on the lock screen and I tap the spacebar it goes to a blue screen with just the three icons at bottom right. As before every 30 seconds it reverts
    to the lock-screen.

Oh, and now it just went straight to the sign-in from the blue screen. I logged in using a different user then restarted and now it is, once again, using the lock-screen picture on the sign-in screen. So now I have switched off "Show lock-screen ..." for
    the second user and the same thing has happened - goes to blue screen with no sign-in box.

So this seems to show that the problem is with the sign-in screen itself - does that make sense to anyone?

Rich&rd, Sep 26, 2016
  3. AlanMick Win User
    Lock Screen Image Does Not Display as Login Screen

Hi Shawn, Sorry I still don't get it. I have three accounts on my machine. Two have custom pictures for the "lock screen" and one has a selected picture for the "lock screen". All three of them have "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in
    screen" set to the ON position.

When I sign out from one account (or power up) I can select from the three accounts by choosing one from the list displayed in the lower left hand corner. When I chose the account with the built in picture selected, the screen dissolves to the selected lock
    screen picture which becomes the background of the sign-in screen for that account. When I select one of the two accounts with a custom picture selected as the lock-screen, that picture is displayed as the sign-in screen. When I select the OTHER account with
    a custom picture selected as the lock-screen, rather than dissolving to the lock-screen picture it dissolves to one of the built in pictures.

Why does the one account behave differently from the others? Is there anything that will fix it?

AlanMick, Sep 26, 2016
Thema:

Lock Screen/Sign-in screen problems - screen shows three users

1. Lock Screen/Sign-in screen problems - screen shows three users - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Sign

2. Lock screen not showing other user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen not showing other user: Hi, I once tried to normally open my laptop and sign in my account lets call it Alpha, but when I entered my PIN instead of signing me in it showed some white system error message, so I just clicked Ok and logged in again and all worked fine, but when I booted up my laptop...
  3. No users showing on sign in screen

No users showing on sign in screen: I am on the sign in screen and there's no users to change to the one I am on when I try to log into it it says user profile service failed to sign in. To fix it I need to go into aadvanced startup but there's no power option in the bottom right corner and when I try to switch...
  4. No users showing on sign in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No users showing on sign in screen: I am on the sign in screen and there's no users to change to the one I am on when I try to log into it it says user profile service failed to sign in. To fix it I need to go into aadvanced startup but there's no power option in the bottom right corner and when I try to switch...
  5. No users showing on sign in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Showing lock screen on sign-in makes lock screen image black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing lock screen on sign-in makes lock screen image black: When I turn on the setting "Show the lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under personisation, the lock screen bbackground picture will just be black. Here's an example:Setting ONSetting OFFMy laptop: ASUS TUF Gaming F15Other info: Factory reset 8 days ago...
  7. Showing lock screen on sign-in makes lock screen image black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Showing lock screen on sign-in makes lock screen image black: When I turn on the setting "Show the lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under personisation, the lock screen bbackground picture will just be black. Here's an example:Setting ONSetting OFFMy laptop: ASUS TUF Gaming F15Other info: Factory reset 8 days ago...
  8. Not showing other users in lock screen

Not showing other users in lock screen: Hiii I was created an user called x in computer management under user. And I give password for that and selected password never change option. And then I switched user to x and try to login it showing an error message " the user profile service service failed the sign-in"....
  9. Not showing other users in lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not showing other users in lock screen: Hiii I was created an user called x in computer management under user. And I give password for that and selected password never change option. And then I switched user to x and try to login it showing an error message " the user profile service service failed the sign-in"....
  10. Problem with three screens

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with three screens: I use PC running Windows 10 and two additional connected monitors. I have a problem with these monitors because when I shut down my PC and then start it again, all the windows and apps icons that were on the third monitor get moved to the middle screen. It is very...