Windows 10: lock screen

Discus and support lock screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good afternoon. I am currently using windows ten & on start up i used a pin to activate.. We are travelling for a while & i often just put my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tiffin, Aug 1, 2018.

1. tiffin Win User

lock screen

Good afternoon.
    I am currently using windows ten & on start up i used a pin to activate..
    We are travelling for a while & i often just put my laptop to sleep instead of shutting it down so I wanted an extra layer of security in hotels & accomodation when i do this as well as pin to start.
    Yesterday, I managed to lock myself out, but then reset my microsoft password so I can get on laptop again, but now my pin to start has disappeared..
    I really am dense when it comes to stuff like this & haven't a clue what i'm doing.
    Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

tiffin, Aug 1, 2018

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Aug 1, 2018
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Aug 1, 2018
  4. lock screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

lock screen

1. lock screen - Similar Threads - lock screen

2. SCREEN LOCKED ON PLEASE WAIT AFTER UPDATE RUN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SCREEN LOCKED ON PLEASE WAIT AFTER UPDATE RUN: LENOVO LAPTOP/WINDOWS 10. RAN UPDATE RESTARTED AND IT SAID I NEEDED A PIN#.TRIED TO GET PIN CODE SO I COULD CHANGE IT AND IT SAID IT WOULD SEND ME A CODE AT MY EMAIL. CAN NOT RECEIVE EMAIL IF I CAN NOT GET ON THE COMPUTER. TRIED TO X OUT AN SHUT DOWN . WILL NOT DO SO. TRIED...
  3. Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing: Hi, I will try to explain the problem precisely I have the "Show lock-screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled, and they have the same background which is good, but the problem is I can't change the background, I have set the "Background" setting to...
  4. Windows 10. Screen brightness is locked at maximum capacity. Won't let me change it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10. Screen brightness is locked at maximum capacity. Won't let me change it.: The brightness of my laptop Acer Aspire E15 blocked at the maximum level. I can't change it in the Power settings or using the Fn key. In the settings of the Display Parameters the scale with the engine also disappeared. This is regardless of whether it is connected to the AC...
  5. Window 10 Lock/Login Screen Uniquely/Randomly Rejects Correct Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window 10 Lock/Login Screen Uniquely/Randomly Rejects Correct Password: Issue occurs on the login/lock screen, after booting or waking my Win 10 PC. On the login screen, after inserting the correct password, 60% of the time I will get the following message: "You can't sign in to your devices right now. Go to account.live.com to fix the...
  6. After lock screen, I can not log in - a clean sreen no logged input on page

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After lock screen, I can not log in - a clean sreen no logged input on page: Hello, when I lock my computer (win+L or hibernation), the page with the need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL is displayed. When I press this combination, I see a blank screen without input. If I leave it for few minutes, I can see SreenSaver again, but I can not login again. I know,...
  7. Difficulty Changing Lock and Login Screens Backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Difficulty Changing Lock and Login Screens Backgrounds: Hello! I'm having some difficulty changing my lock and login screens backgrounds. Recently, I created my own theme using various free backgrounds I found online. When I set the theme as my background it worked fine. I have also set that theme as my lock screen and that...
  8. Changing lock screen loads non stop

Changing lock screen loads non stop: Quick background: First problem occurred last January 9, 2019, suddenly my settings wont open and in order to fix it i had to reset my PC. However, by resetting my PC another problem occurred. When troubleshooting my Windows update it keeps detecting "Potential Windows Update...
  9. Windows 10 Lock Screen Calendar - show multiple events?

Windows 10 Lock Screen Calendar - show multiple events?: Hi all, I've just discovered that if you use the native Windows 10 mail client, there's an accompanying lock screen widget that shows the next event in your agenda. The problem is, it only shows the next event, whereas I'd like it to show me all of the events of the day or...
  10. Camera on but not allowing facial recognition on lock screen

Camera on but not allowing facial recognition on lock screen: Running Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series. Facial recognition to open lock screen used to work, now can't and asking for password. I checked in Settings and camera is on for all apps. Any thoughts? Thanks....