Windows 10: lock screen

Discus and support lock screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good afternoon. I am currently using windows ten & on start up i used a pin to activate.. We are travelling for a while & i often just put my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tiffin, Aug 1, 2018.

1. tiffin Win User

lock screen

Good afternoon.
    I am currently using windows ten & on start up i used a pin to activate..
    We are travelling for a while & i often just put my laptop to sleep instead of shutting it down so I wanted an extra layer of security in hotels & accomodation when i do this as well as pin to start.
    Yesterday, I managed to lock myself out, but then reset my microsoft password so I can get on laptop again, but now my pin to start has disappeared..
    I really am dense when it comes to stuff like this & haven't a clue what i'm doing.
    Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

tiffin, Aug 1, 2018

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Aug 1, 2018
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Aug 1, 2018
  4. lock screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

lock screen

1. lock screen - Similar Threads - lock screen

2. Lock Screen Photos Do You Like It

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Photos Do You Like It: Without getting into the story, I have a very simple request, how can I get my lock screen to produce those nature and scenic photos that mentions where it was taken and do I like it, as well, clicking onto parts of the photos that give more in depth info about the photo....
  3. Disable/Change timeout Windows 10 Lock Screen on Home edition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable/Change timeout Windows 10 Lock Screen on Home edition: After spending time searching how to disable the Windows 10 Home lock screen I finally came across these 2 articles which worked for me. how-disable-windows-10-lock-screen how-to-change-the-windows-10-lock-screen-timeout This is posted to help the hundreds who are...
  4. Screensaver lock screen does not respond in Win10 Pro

Screensaver lock screen does not respond in Win10 Pro: I upgraded to Win10 Pro from Win7 Pro. Now the screensaver lock screen does not respond to password entry or fingerprint reading. I have to reboot to sign in. Is there a fix for this?...
  5. Lock Screen slideshow not working

Lock Screen slideshow not working: I have seen this question asked many times over the 4 years since Windows 10 came out. Those questions are now locked so I'm asking again - I have tried many different "solutions" to this problem and the best I have managed is a manual workaround. When the laptop is left,...
  6. lock screen

lock screen: how to resize of photo in lock screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen/3a2c3206-2df5-4496-b39e-500f58bbf9dc
  7. lock screen clock colors

lock screen clock colors: the hospital change the background for the lock screen on our Windows 10 machines and it is white so is there a way I can change the clock that is displayed on the lock screen so it is not bleached out. thank you ED...
  8. Display and Lock Screen Pictures Location

Display and Lock Screen Pictures Location: When I want to give or sell my computer to another person, how do I delete or remove the pictures that have been selected in the past for my lock screen and/or display screen wallpaper? I remove the folder I got them from, but they still show up if I go to Settings,...
  9. windows lock screen stuck & im afraid its going to get stuck

windows lock screen stuck & im afraid its going to get stuck: windows lock screen stuck & im afraid its going to get stuck in that position https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-lock-screen-stuck-im-afraid-its-going-to/a43212e7-f73d-4a7b-9eeb-30de4b6fb288
  10. windows 10 back round and lock screen

windows 10 back round and lock screen: Please, I have windows 10 and I'm trying to change the pictures and themes on my back round and lock screen. I was already told to go to "settings" , then "personalization" and change those things there. Well when I got there and tried to click to change the pictures NOTHING...