lock screen

Discus and support lock screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good afternoon. I am currently using windows ten & on start up i used a pin to activate.. We are travelling for a while & i often just put my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tiffin, Aug 1, 2018.

1. tiffin Win User

lock screen

Good afternoon.
    I am currently using windows ten & on start up i used a pin to activate..
    We are travelling for a while & i often just put my laptop to sleep instead of shutting it down so I wanted an extra layer of security in hotels & accomodation when i do this as well as pin to start.
    Yesterday, I managed to lock myself out, but then reset my microsoft password so I can get on laptop again, but now my pin to start has disappeared..
    I really am dense when it comes to stuff like this & haven't a clue what i'm doing.
    Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

tiffin, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Sachin V Rao Win User

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Aug 1, 2018
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Josey Wales Win User

lock screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

lock screen

1. lock screen - Similar Threads - lock screen

2. new lock screen everyday

in Windows 10 Customization
    new lock screen everyday: how can I get new Lock screen every day, those photos were so much interesting, while ago and changed every day now I've changed my window (actually updated to Creators) and now everything is gone can somebody help thanks...
  3. song notification banner on windows 10 locks screen slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    song notification banner on windows 10 locks screen slideshow: Is there any way I can get the winamp song notification to play on the lock screen slideshow? I would very much appreciate if any one knows to let me know, thanks Moved from : Apps on Windows 10 / Groove Music...
  4. song notification banner on windows 10 locks screen slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    song notification banner on windows 10 locks screen slideshow: Is there any way I can get the winamp song notification to play on the lock screen slideshow? I would very much appreciate if any one knows to let me know, thanks...
  5. how to remove date and clock from lock screen of Win10?

how to remove date and clock from lock screen of Win10?: how to remove date and clock from lock screen of Win10? It is too annoy! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/how-to-remove-date-and-clock-from-lock-screen-of/3db49a8f-b169-47d6-93a6-6d6b51af3cfe
  6. Why does my Win10 display always go into lock screen after 1-2 mins?

Why does my Win10 display always go into lock screen after 1-2 mins?: I have tried all setting modes. Changed to 5 mins, 10, mins, and even tried never. also did the change reg suggestion. many reboots, and changes, my laptop still goes to lock screen after 1-2 minutes. Please help!...
  7. PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

in Windows 10 Support
    PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock: I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.) Since I am at work I always lock the...
  8. Windows has imposed unwanted lock screen and need for password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows has imposed unwanted lock screen and need for password.: Version 1803 (OS Build 17134. 191) Upgraded from Win 7. I first upgraded to 10 a few weeks ago and the lock screen and need to enter a password was not displayed. After a few days I returned to Win 7. Now, having re-upgraded to 10 again I have the very irritating lock...
  9. Computer will not go to sleep (lock screen) via timeout

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not go to sleep (lock screen) via timeout: So I have been having this problem for a couple of months and I do not know what to do. I have tried so many different things from many posts and I can't find anything that works. A few months ago I replaced my boot drive with an SSD drive. I did this by plugging in the SSD,...
  10. Microsoft update screen locked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft update screen locked: Clicked to update Microsoft. Have gotten to a page 'do more with your voice' the screen has a blue background. Cursor on laptop has disappeared, have attached a mouse, but cannot move on. Have removed battery, tried control, alt, delete, then task manager, but takes me back...