Windows 10: Lock taskbar

Discus and support Lock taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; is it really important to lock the taskbar windows 10 ?. Also how many icon are aloud to show in taskbar near the clock? Thanks. 75502 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dafydd, Jan 21, 2017.

1. dafydd Win User

Lock taskbar

is it really important to lock the taskbar windows 10 ?.

Also how many icon are aloud to show in taskbar near the clock?

Thanks.

:)

dafydd, Jan 21, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How to move Taskbar.

Right click your Taskbar, make sure 'Lock the Taskbar' is unchecked

Click and drag an empty part of your Taskbar to the bottom of the screen

Then check the box marked 'Lock the Taskbar' to make sure this does not happen again

Alternatively, right click your Taskbar, choose 'Taskbar Settings

On the settings page set 'Taskbar location on Screen' to Bottom

Then lock your Taskbar

DaveM121, Jan 21, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    taskbar

Right click your Taskbar

Uncheck 'Lock the Taskbar'

Drag the taskbar to whatever side of your screen you want

Then right click and check 'Lock the Taskbar'

DaveM121, Jan 21, 2017
  4. Lock taskbar

Its a matter of screen size, icon size and depth of task bar. If your task bar is two lines deep with small icons, like mine, there could be twenty. Some you may want to hide unless they are in "Notify" mode, others like password managers or AV status you may always want exposed. Once Windows feels it has used enough space it hides a bunch unless you tell it to show all.

I usually leave my task bar unlocked.

Others will have a different experience.

Caledon Ken, Jan 21, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello dafydd, *Smile

Locking the taskbar is more of a personal choice than being important.

Some people like to lock the taskbar to prevent accidentally moving it to another screen border or changing its width/height.

Taskbar - Lock or Unlock in Windows 10

Brink, Jan 21, 2017
  6. It gets even more personal if you run multiple monitors with multiple taskbars. *Wink

alphanumeric, Jan 21, 2017
  7. dafydd Win User
    Many thanks to all. Question answered.

dafydd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lock taskbar

1. Lock taskbar - Similar Threads - Lock taskbar

2. Why has Microsoft not fixed the "Notifications unhiding the taskbar" and locking it open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Microsoft not fixed the "Notifications unhiding the taskbar" and locking it open?: Why has Microsoft not fixed the "Notifications unhiding the taskbar issue that has plagued users for years and years and years? Why does MSFT not reply to these posts? Why does MSFT just lock the posts and never comment on them. Where can we go to action on this really really...
  3. Why has Microsoft not fixed the "Notifications unhiding the taskbar" and locking it open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has Microsoft not fixed the "Notifications unhiding the taskbar" and locking it open?: Why has Microsoft not fixed the "Notifications unhiding the taskbar issue that has plagued users for years and years and years? Why does MSFT not reply to these posts? Why does MSFT just lock the posts and never comment on them. Where can we go to action on this really really...
  4. lock taskbar in win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock taskbar in win 11: Hello,I can not figure out how to lock the taskbar to the left of the screen in win 11. It is super easy in win 8 and 10 but I can not even get a clue to do that in win 11....
  5. lock taskbar in win 11

lock taskbar in win 11: Hello,I can not figure out how to lock the taskbar to the left of the screen in win 11. It is super easy in win 8 and 10 but I can not even get a clue to do that in win 11....
  6. Windows 11 Pro - Taskbar keeps locking up when switching around from desktops to VMs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro - Taskbar keeps locking up when switching around from desktops to VMs: I have Windows 11 Pro, use Hyper-V for various VMs, and also a VMWare Horizon Client for other VMs.Quite often my Explorer.exe will lock up / freeze and I have to restart it with CTRL+ALT+DEL.Any ideas why my taskbar keeps freezing up?Any way to stop that from happening...
  7. Windows 11 Pro - Taskbar keeps locking up when switching around from desktops to VMs

Windows 11 Pro - Taskbar keeps locking up when switching around from desktops to VMs: I have Windows 11 Pro, use Hyper-V for various VMs, and also a VMWare Horizon Client for other VMs.Quite often my Explorer.exe will lock up / freeze and I have to restart it with CTRL+ALT+DEL.Any ideas why my taskbar keeps freezing up?Any way to stop that from happening...
  8. Win 10 Taskbar UX changed - Taskbar locked and Windows do not minimize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Taskbar UX changed - Taskbar locked and Windows do not minimize: Hi all,Since some time, I have some strange UX/behaviour change noticed on my Windows 10 Desktop.I do not have any UI/UX software installed.1 The Taskbar seems to be locked on my main screen I have 2 and is as well shown when I do play a movie in full-screen mode.But I do not...
  9. Win 10 Taskbar UX changed - Taskbar locked and Windows do not minimize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Taskbar UX changed - Taskbar locked and Windows do not minimize: Hi all,Since some time, I have some strange UX/behaviour change noticed on my Windows 10 Desktop.I do not have any UI/UX software installed.1 The Taskbar seems to be locked on my main screen I have 2 and is as well shown when I do play a movie in full-screen mode.But I do not...
  10. Win 10 Taskbar UX changed - Taskbar locked and Windows do not minimize