Windows 10: Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Discus and support Lock vs Login screen screenshot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings - Ever since the latest update to Windows 10 (10.0,16299) my Login screen screenshot and Lock screen screenshot are different.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rmanasa, Nov 8, 2017.

1. rmanasa Win User

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Greetings -

Ever since the latest update to Windows 10 (10.0,16299) my Login screen screenshot and Lock screen screenshot are different. Personalize>Lock Screen shows the desired screenshot as it always has. "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" is set to On as it's always been. Nothing has changed there. Not sure if this is related, but the background screen color has changed from blue to gray when I Restart or Shutdown.

I've looked for a Pictures folder that might contain the stock screenshots without success. I've even reinstalled Windows 10 to try to fix this. I hate to admit it, but I'm stumped. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

:)

rmanasa, Nov 8, 2017

2. Is there a way to set Windows 10 Pro login to fingerprint by default instead of having to choose between fingerprint, PIN or password each time I log in?

Hi,

By default, the login screen should ask for the last used login type. If you previously logged in with fingerprint, it should ask for your fingerprint by default on the login screen. You can also log in directly from the picture and clock lock screen by
    swiping/touching the fingerprint sensor.

Are you seeing something different when you try to log in? If so, please share a screenshot of your login screen so I can investigate further.

Lyn [MSFT], Nov 8, 2017
  3. Numlock on startup using Win 10 Home

SOLVED; push the number lock button(vs mouse or another button) to enter lock screen from lock picture

Jere Coughlin, Nov 8, 2017
  4. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Josey Wales, Nov 8, 2017
  5. rmanasa Win User
    Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Nov 8, 2017
  6. You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Nov 8, 2017
  7. rmanasa Win User
    Thanks again for the quick reply, Josey. I'll try and be more specific in my problem.

The Lock screen screenshot is correct. I want the sign-in screen to use the same screenshot. I have "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" set to On. For whatever reason, the sign-in screen is showing a different background picture.

rmanasa, Nov 8, 2017
  8. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Lock vs Login screen screenshot [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Nov 8, 2017
  9. rmanasa Win User
    Hi Josey -

Yes, that switch is set to On. Still no joy.

rmanasa, Nov 8, 2017
  10. MrHudson Win User
    Do you have the box checked for automatically pick an accent color for my background?
    I have mine set that way, background theme changes each day with a different accent color.

MrHudson, Nov 8, 2017
  11. rmanasa Win User
    Thanks for the reply. Mr. Hudson. While I do have that selected, it only affects my desktop color, which is not the issue here. My problem is syncing up the lock screen screenshot and the sign-in screen screenshot.

rmanasa, Nov 8, 2017
  12. Josey Wales, Nov 8, 2017
  13. rmanasa Win User

Thanks Josey.

I followed the tutorial with interesting results. Changing the registry setting did two things. It switched the "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" to Off. I rebooted just to see what would happen. The background on the sign-in screen was the same gray background I mentioned that now shows when I'm logging off.

Putting the "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" back to On returned the display to the incorrect/undesired screenshot. So, something changed, but not to what we want.

rmanasa, Nov 8, 2017
  14. Then you have some kind of problem, maybe corrupted files, Try To open an elevated CMD Prompt and run SFC /Scannow. Then try the tutorial again.

Josey Wales, Nov 8, 2017
  15. MrHudson Win User
    Isn't the lock screen same as login screen?
    I never lock mine since I am the only user.

MrHudson, Nov 8, 2017
Thema:

1. Lock vs Login screen screenshot - Similar Threads - Lock Login screen

2. Laptop Lock Screen login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop Lock Screen login: Windows 10: So I don't know what happened to my laptop I came home and opened it now when I try to type my lock screen password it won't let me write anything my laptop keyboard is automatically pressing "=" key it's not stopping how can I disable my laptop's keyboard please...
  3. Duplicate login on Lock screen.

Duplicate login on Lock screen.: This has taken me months but I have finally got it ! After a w10 update I suddenly had 2 log in accounts,when trying to open my laptop with login disabled. both in my name changing name doesn't work, it just duplicates it! one with pic my real account the other had no pic...
  4. Locked login screen

Locked login screen: [IMG] i am being asked to log in but i have not set up sn account. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-login-screen/0c44ccac-b666-4c9f-a080-668a48310b78
  5. Show Lock Screen on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show Lock Screen on Login Screen: When I set the Lock Screen to display for the Login Screen it does show, but just as a blurry image of the actual image set for the lock screen does this happen for everyone or does the Login screen show the same as it does for the lock screen? WIN 10 Pro 64Bit Thank you,...
  6. Startup Screen vs Login Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup Screen vs Login Screen: Not a problem with my girl friends Win 10, but with mine. The Start screen, which shows the date and time, is fine. When I press enter to bring up the Login screen, the same image on the Start screen shows, but goes WAY out of focus. Very blurry. Any solution? Thanks 140505
  7. lock/login screen issue

lock/login screen issue: hi. just an FYI--MS was of absolutely no help here--no surprise there, though... i have personalized the lock/login screen with a picture from my computer. it always showed upon start/restart. all of a sudden--at first only from time to time, but recently, more frequent--a...
  8. Sign in screen vs lock screen backgrounds

Sign in screen vs lock screen backgrounds: Just had my laptop returned after a repair and done a reset/upgrade. I'm 99.999% sure that last time, when I powered it on the background of the sign in screen was the spotlight one with the changing picture and the little info boxes but now its just this picture...
  9. Login Screen VS Lock Screen Re: Change Login Screen Picture After Boot

Login Screen VS Lock Screen Re: Change Login Screen Picture After Boot: win 10 pro 1709. Home computer. In the 3 plus months since I have had the notebook I have never used the lock screen. I do use the login screen each and every time I power up (I believe I know I can do away with the log in screen but I like it) and I am greeted by the same...
  10. Capture a Screenshot of your Lock Screen

Capture a Screenshot of your Lock Screen: Lock your device - WinKey+L, at the Lock Screen, press PrntScrn, sign back in, open Paint and Paste from the clipboard and Save. *Arrow Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials [img] 100116