Windows 10: Locked account when signing off

Discus and support Locked account when signing off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings to everyone, (english is my second language, excuse any errors in text) Currently experiencing some problems with my workstation, been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nicolas Morin-Rivest, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Locked account when signing off

Greetings to everyone,

(english is my second language, excuse any errors in text)

Currently experiencing some problems with my workstation, been trying to solve the issue for some time now. Need clues.

When signing off my computer (or restarting or shutting down) my account gets locked (same goes for ADMIN account on the computer). After having it unlocked, I can work but i'll eventually get a notification from windows asking me to log off and sign in again so Windows can get my new credentials.

Password for the account was changed, but the issue persist. I don't have any device syncing with Office 365, don't have any WIFI connection, and don't use a VPN.

I can "bypass" the locked account by signing in with the Ethernet cable unplugged, but when reconnecting the cable, i'm still locked out of our servers. My Office application can however connect without any issues. I'm I looking at a problem with my computer or with our servers?

I've read somewhere that simply renaming my account could solve this? Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.

:)

Nicolas Morin-Rivest, Aug 2, 2018
  2. Rose W Win User

Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

Yes the correct or current info is in the Settings/Accounts/Your email and accounts.
    The steps in the tutorial included signing in after deleting a listing. I couldn't see where that was relevant since its a second listing. It looks like I have to voluntarily do the 'sign in' so I can avoid doing that. I'm locked out for 30 days anyway.
    Perhaps its time to set up a stand alone user account in that laptop <grin> Too nerve wracking dealing with this MSAccount.

Rose W, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Locked account when signing off :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Locked account when signing off

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Locked account when signing off

1. Locked account when signing off - Similar Threads - Locked account signing

2. How to sign in to Windows 11 with microsoft account when no internet? PIN locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign in to Windows 11 with microsoft account when no internet? PIN locked: PIN typed in wrong multiple times. Waited a day. Rebooted. Still no PIN access. Tried "I forgot my PIN" instructions. Could not proceed due to no internet access. Only internet is captive portal - can't sign in to portal because not signed in to windows.How to sign in to...
  3. Turn off auto sign-in & lock at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off auto sign-in & lock at startup: I can't recall what the proper name for this feature is or how to enable/disable it.When I turn off or reboot a Windows 10 or11 computer, upon turning it back on it will automatically log in the last user that logged on to the computer, and then lock the computer, so that you...
  4. Turn off auto sign-in & lock at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off auto sign-in & lock at startup: I can't recall what the proper name for this feature is or how to enable/disable it.When I turn off or reboot a Windows 10 or11 computer, upon turning it back on it will automatically log in the last user that logged on to the computer, and then lock the computer, so that you...
  5. Number lock on and off sign blurs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number lock on and off sign blurs: Hello,All of sudden, the on and off sign of the Number Lock toggle key shows blurry images. Please see the attached image and let me know what it could potentially cause this. This is Windows 11 on LG Gram 17 2021 model. Thank you....
  6. Number lock on and off sign blurs

Number lock on and off sign blurs: Hello,All of sudden, the on and off sign of the Number Lock toggle key shows blurry images. Please see the attached image and let me know what it could potentially cause this. This is Windows 11 on LG Gram 17 2021 model. Thank you....
  7. my PC sign in account is locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my PC sign in account is locked: my PC sign in account is locked because i shut down the computer for too many times, how can i unlock it?It only allows me to sin in with my pin, but i forgot my pin, how can i sign in with my password? There is no other sign in option on the screen....
  8. my PC sign in account is locked

my PC sign in account is locked: my PC sign in account is locked because i shut down the computer for too many times, how can i unlock it?It only allows me to sin in with my pin, but i forgot my pin, how can i sign in with my password? There is no other sign in option on the screen....
  9. Lock Screen Blurred when signing in.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Blurred when signing in.: This has happened since update of Windows 10 back in October 2019. I don't like it would like a clear picture. Can this be corrected ? I am sure I am not the only one that does not find it acceptable. Await an answer....
  10. Numbers lock off when restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Numbers lock off when restarting: After upgrading my Windows 8.1 system to to Windows10 , when I restart or turn on my computer the numbers lock key is not turned on. This may sound trivial, but if I forget about it, my passwords won't work because many of the passwords contain numbers. Is there a way for me...