Windows 10: Locked out of new pc

Discus and support Locked out of new pc in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have just set up a new pc for a relative and during the process I entered their email incorrectly ( to a non exisitant email) . The pc is now... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jezclark, Jul 25, 2018.

1. jezclark Win User

Locked out of new pc

I have just set up a new pc for a relative and during the process I entered their email incorrectly ( to a non exisitant email) . The pc is now requesting a password (which I thought I had not entered a password) for the non exisitant email. I have tried the reset Microsoft password via my own email but get the message back that there is insufficient information I have entered as much as my elderly relative can remember . Suggestions please

:)

jezclark, Jul 25, 2018

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 25, 2018
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Caring1 Win User

Locked out of new pc

Throttlestop overclocking Desktop PCs

Has anybody worked on that suggestion of putting together a list of unlocked CPU's?
    I've got an E.S. E5-2650 that appears to be locked and the BIOS on the Motherboard is locked down even tighter.
    I would like to play with it without buying a new board, CPU's can be cheaper.

Caring1, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Locked out of new pc

1. Locked out of new pc - Similar Threads - Locked

2. How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP: Hello !It's been two years that I use my computer and very recently yesterday, the "Caps Lock On / Off" keep coming on my screen when I press the shift button.It's really annoying, and I keep looking for how to disable it but I can't find a solution.Anybody can help ?...
  3. How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP: Hello !It's been two years that I use my computer and very recently yesterday, the "Caps Lock On / Off" keep coming on my screen when I press the shift button.It's really annoying, and I keep looking for how to disable it but I can't find a solution.Anybody can help ?...
  4. Wanneer ik mijn shift-lock aan doe komt er een notificatie, hoe doe ik dat weg?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wanneer ik mijn shift-lock aan doe komt er een notificatie, hoe doe ik dat weg?: Het is een HP laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wanneer-ik-mijn-shift-lock-aan-doe-komt-er-een/46611784-cc43-4024-9936-2344180437d6
  5. Wanneer ik mijn shift-lock aan doe komt er een notificatie, hoe doe ik dat weg?

Wanneer ik mijn shift-lock aan doe komt er een notificatie, hoe doe ik dat weg?: Het is een HP laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wanneer-ik-mijn-shift-lock-aan-doe-komt-er-een/46611784-cc43-4024-9936-2344180437d6
  6. Turn off caps lock notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off caps lock notification: My computer spontaneously enabled the notification for turning on/off caps lock a few days ago. I can't figure out how to turn it off- I've already looked through previous posts, but they all direct me to select settings and options that don't exist for me. I have an HP Envy...
  7. Turn off caps lock notification

Turn off caps lock notification: My computer spontaneously enabled the notification for turning on/off caps lock a few days ago. I can't figure out how to turn it off- I've already looked through previous posts, but they all direct me to select settings and options that don't exist for me. I have an HP Envy...
  8. Anyone know how turn off the big Caps Lock on/off notification on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone know how turn off the big Caps Lock on/off notification on windows 11: It comes up with thing on screen saying caps lock on/off and comes up with a lock picture either open or locked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-how-turn-off-the-big-caps-lock-onoff/35036f49-adb3-4503-a488-6238d4404ecd
  9. Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...: I already tried doing a clean reboot, went to my system configuration, went to control panel but anything from there isn't working, and even just restarting my computer doesn't work....
  10. Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...

Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...: I already tried doing a clean reboot, went to my system configuration, went to control panel but anything from there isn't working, and even just restarting my computer doesn't work....