Windows 10: Locked out of system via Bitlocker, can't reset

Discus and support Locked out of system via Bitlocker, can't reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to read this. Full disclosure straight away: I've had this issue dumped on me by my mother and she's not been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by troubledson, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Locked out of system via Bitlocker, can't reset

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to read this. Full disclosure straight away: I've had this issue dumped on me by my mother and she's not been particularly forthcoming with details (she's old, bless her), so bear with me.

She has a Linx1020 tablet which has mysteriously started booting into Bitlocker recovery mode - she says she didn't do anything strange the last time she shut it down, and she's never seen or heard of Bitlocker before i.e. she hasn't set up any recovery keys.

I can't retrieve a key for her online as she claims she's never set up a Windows/Outlook account, which it seems necessary to log into to be able to recover.

Tried a system reset through the recovery menu, but the drive where Windows is installed is locked (I find it weird that the recovery mode is even providing the option to do a system reset when it's locked...)

So basically, I have no options in the recovery mode menu that I can follow which get me anywhere. I do have the option to boot from a USB, but I wouldn't have the first clue what to do. So, is it possible for me to do anything to e.g. completely bypass Bitlocker and nuke the whole thing, without physically taking it to someone who is much more capable than I?

Apologies for lack of detail. Thanks for reading - any help much appreciated!

:)

troubledson, Jun 5, 2017

2. Bitlocker has locked me out of windows during doing a full reset on surface book.

Bitlocker has locked me out of windows during doing a full reset. Don't have keycode or access to any windows directory including being prevented from doing full factory reset because it appears that the volume where the instalation copy of windows is stored,
    seems to be 'Volume 3', is the only volume listed twice over, and both are locked by bitlocker. The system is a surface book with windows 10.

How do I work around this to do a full factory reset?

AdeaneCroft, Jun 5, 2017
  3. (BUG) BitLocker eDrive hardware encryption

Hi,

I did a clean install of Windows 10, and tried to use hardware encryption via BitLocker on my eDrive compliant 850 EVO ssd.

First it just would not use the hardware encryption (asks if I want to encrypt whole drive or only used portion) but I found that Intel rapid storage was conflicting with the process (version V14501081)

When I uninstalled IRST, the setup went right, but after the first reboot/system check, BitLocker has just dissapeared. It can't be found in the Control Panel (see screenshot), trying to open it via search doesn't work and it's not listed when right clicking
    the system drive, but when right clicking my second HDD there is an option to enable it, this brings me to the initialization screen, the BitLocker settings still can't be accessed. There's also no lock icon on the system drive, but BitLocker does ask for
    a password on bootup (don't have TPM).

When typing manage-bde -status C: in the command prompt, I get an error (see screenshot)

screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/JiHCu3K.png

This worked perfectly on Windows 8.1 for me.

Edit: Now BitLocker suddenly started working properly. The lock sign is there and the settings are back, still this is strange behaviour.

Thomas Debie, Jun 5, 2017
  4. aramil Win User

Locked out of system via Bitlocker, can't reset

Hi

I have several Linx Tablets and they can be quirky at times.

Best advice is to go here LinxTablet.co.uk - Home they have guides for specific models as well as USB recovery images etc. (as well as being able to "unlock" the windows partition).

aramil, Jun 6, 2017
Thema:

Locked out of system via Bitlocker, can't reset

1. Locked out of system via Bitlocker, can't reset - Similar Threads - Locked system via

2. Surface Go locked out by Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Go locked out by Bitlocker: Hi I have been locked out of my Surface Go by Bitlocker. I know my Bitlocker key, but the next screen asks for an admin password that I don't have. I have tried my Microsoft password, but it isn't this. When I hit the 'forgotten your password' option, it just sends me right...
  3. Bitlocker locked me out and I want to reset

Bitlocker locked me out and I want to reset: So, I don’t ever remember turning BitLocker on, but when I turned my computer on this morning I was told it has encrypted my drive and I need the recovery key to continue. Given the fact I never set this up, I don’t have the recovery key. At this point I have spent about 2...
  4. DELL laptop locked out of computer because of bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DELL laptop locked out of computer because of bitlocker: My DELL laptop is in start up repair, and requires a recovery key to get passed the screen. Geek Squad told me that it is locked by bit locker and there's no way to get past it without putting in the recovery key. I've only had the laptop for about a month only and it has...
  5. Locked out from System

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked out from System: I have forgotten my password so i tried to login using Microsoft username and password but still it is showing wrong password. I can access my Microsoft account using my phone with same username and password. Please tell me how can I log in to my system??...
  6. Locked Out and cant reset

Locked Out and cant reset: I am at my wits end. I am currently unable to access my work laptop. I recently installed a new mail master on my phone and accessed my account using this app. I then recieved an email saying my account was at risk. I proceeded to enter in the details of my emasil account...
  7. Recovering Bitlocker locked system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovering Bitlocker locked system: I have a sinking feeling about this one. I do IT support and a new client has dropped off an all-in-one Dell system that won't boot. It starts the Windows boot sequence but then goes into the Dell recovery system. Not good news! My normal approach here is to immediately use...
  8. Testing out System Recovery with Bitlocker

Testing out System Recovery with Bitlocker: Hello, I was originally told that with Bitlocker, unlike other third party encryptions, you can still restore from a recovery point. However, I created a recovery point while logged into the OS and tried to restore it while logged into the OS. The system then rebooted,...
  9. Locked out my PC by reset

Locked out my PC by reset: I've been having some GPU problems this week SO I decided to change to on board graphics and reset my PC using Windows diagnostics. However after my computer reset and Windows 10 installed I was greeted at the log in screen with "Other User" which required a username and...
  10. Locked out of logging into system

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked out of logging into system: Whenever I turn on my hp laptop, has my name & request password . That's where trouble begins .... Don't remember my password & it won't allow me to reset or get to start , control panel etc page . Help me please ! 64261
Tags: