Windows 10: Locked out of system via Bitlocker, can't reset

Discus and support Locked out of system via Bitlocker, can't reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to read this. Full disclosure straight away: I've had this issue dumped on me by my mother and she's not been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by troubledson, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Locked out of system via Bitlocker, can't reset

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to read this. Full disclosure straight away: I've had this issue dumped on me by my mother and she's not been particularly forthcoming with details (she's old, bless her), so bear with me.

She has a Linx1020 tablet which has mysteriously started booting into Bitlocker recovery mode - she says she didn't do anything strange the last time she shut it down, and she's never seen or heard of Bitlocker before i.e. she hasn't set up any recovery keys.

I can't retrieve a key for her online as she claims she's never set up a Windows/Outlook account, which it seems necessary to log into to be able to recover.

Tried a system reset through the recovery menu, but the drive where Windows is installed is locked (I find it weird that the recovery mode is even providing the option to do a system reset when it's locked...)

So basically, I have no options in the recovery mode menu that I can follow which get me anywhere. I do have the option to boot from a USB, but I wouldn't have the first clue what to do. So, is it possible for me to do anything to e.g. completely bypass Bitlocker and nuke the whole thing, without physically taking it to someone who is much more capable than I?

Apologies for lack of detail. Thanks for reading - any help much appreciated!

:)

troubledson, Jun 5, 2017

2. Bitlocker has locked me out of windows during doing a full reset on surface book.

Bitlocker has locked me out of windows during doing a full reset. Don't have keycode or access to any windows directory including being prevented from doing full factory reset because it appears that the volume where the instalation copy of windows is stored,
    seems to be 'Volume 3', is the only volume listed twice over, and both are locked by bitlocker. The system is a surface book with windows 10.

How do I work around this to do a full factory reset?

AdeaneCroft, Jun 5, 2017
  3. (BUG) BitLocker eDrive hardware encryption

Hi,

I did a clean install of Windows 10, and tried to use hardware encryption via BitLocker on my eDrive compliant 850 EVO ssd.

First it just would not use the hardware encryption (asks if I want to encrypt whole drive or only used portion) but I found that Intel rapid storage was conflicting with the process (version V14501081)

When I uninstalled IRST, the setup went right, but after the first reboot/system check, BitLocker has just dissapeared. It can't be found in the Control Panel (see screenshot), trying to open it via search doesn't work and it's not listed when right clicking
    the system drive, but when right clicking my second HDD there is an option to enable it, this brings me to the initialization screen, the BitLocker settings still can't be accessed. There's also no lock icon on the system drive, but BitLocker does ask for
    a password on bootup (don't have TPM).

When typing manage-bde -status C: in the command prompt, I get an error (see screenshot)

screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/JiHCu3K.png

This worked perfectly on Windows 8.1 for me.

Edit: Now BitLocker suddenly started working properly. The lock sign is there and the settings are back, still this is strange behaviour.

Thomas Debie, Jun 5, 2017
  4. aramil Win User

Locked out of system via Bitlocker, can't reset

Hi

I have several Linx Tablets and they can be quirky at times.

Best advice is to go here LinxTablet.co.uk - Home they have guides for specific models as well as USB recovery images etc. (as well as being able to "unlock" the windows partition).

aramil, Jun 6, 2017
Thema:

Locked out of system via Bitlocker, can't reset

1. Locked out of system via Bitlocker, can't reset - Similar Threads - Locked system via

2. Locked out by Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out by Bitlocker: Split from this thread. Good afternoon,I am having similar issues with Bitlocker. I have a HP Envy 360, Win 10.During the Bios Update, a window popped up and asked: Y: to update or N to keep as is. Note: Bit locker code may be required. I did not know where or how to get the...
  3. Locked Out By BitLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked Out By BitLocker: Hi everyone on here, I have a strange issue. My hard drive got blocked by BitLocker just suddenly on my other Laptop with windows 11 Home. In in order to unlock my hard disc, it requests a key which I never enabled The issue is that I've never set up or installed BitLocker....
  4. Locked Out By BitLocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked Out By BitLocker: Hi everyone on here, I have a strange issue. My hard drive got blocked by BitLocker just suddenly on my other Laptop with windows 11 Home. In in order to unlock my hard disc, it requests a key which I never enabled The issue is that I've never set up or installed BitLocker....
  5. bitlocker locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker locked out: Can not get access to her microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-locked-out/86cd8156-50da-4228-931e-10baa32db9ae
  6. Locked out by BitLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out by BitLocker: I have no BitLocker recovery key, and my locked device is not registered with my Microsoft account.The laptop gave me a message "There is an issue with Trusted Platform Module TPM data," and I was forced to press "Y" to "reset whole TPM."Now, I cannot log into the laptop,...
  7. Locked out by BitLocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out by BitLocker: I have no BitLocker recovery key, and my locked device is not registered with my Microsoft account.The laptop gave me a message "There is an issue with Trusted Platform Module TPM data," and I was forced to press "Y" to "reset whole TPM."Now, I cannot log into the laptop,...
  8. Locked out and can't find BitLocker key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out and can't find BitLocker key: I ran a Windows update last night on my Dell Inspiron 13 laptop that I use as a backup spare PC. This morning, I tried to start it up and was locked out because it's asking me for a BitLocker Key. I looked in my Microsoft account as instructed, but there is no BitLocker Key...
  9. Locked out by bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out by bitlocker: I am locked out of windows 10 by bitlocker. It needs the 44 number key to unlock my PC. I went to my MS account and did not find it. I do not have it saved any place else that I know of. I do not have any other recovery methods. Is there some other way I can find this unlock...
  10. Bitlocker lock out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bitlocker lock out: Would be great if someone could get back to me, as locked out for 30 days! Cheers - Bitlocker has locked my laptop after updated - I have tried to get into my microsoft account but says it will send a code to me but never does, how do I get to talk to someone at Microsoft to...
Tags: