Windows 10: locked out of win10 using MS account

Discus and support locked out of win10 using MS account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hi all i have recently upgraded from Win8.1 to Win 10 and I used the MS account to login but now it does not let me login anymore, i did a pw reset... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by wintennewbie2, Dec 26, 2015.

1. locked out of win10 using MS account

hi all
    i have recently upgraded from Win8.1 to Win 10 and I used the MS account to login
    but now it does not let me login anymore, i did a pw reset for my MS account already and can login to my MS account from any device but the message showing when I use my MS account pw to login to my win10 laptop:
    cannot verify account you are offline, use the offline pw to login,
    even when connected to the internet, how can i get rid of this stupid MS account and login with a local admin.
    i do not have a win10cd i did the upgrade online.
    thanks for your help, much appreciated *Smile

:)

wintennewbie2, Dec 26, 2015
  2. John Dho Win User

Locked out of Win10 Desktop Account

I haven't been able to thoroughly check Frederik's suggestion due to several unplanned business trips. I did spend some time on the issue over the weekend and it doesn't appear that I'm able to reset my wife's password from MY Admin account. Maybe I'm looking
    in the wrong place...?

I'll do more extensive checking when these trips wrap up next week and post more details and screen caps here. I'd also appreciate any other suggestions you may have. I'll try them all when I return from my trips.

Thanks. . . .

. . . .John

John Dho, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Locked out of Win10 Desktop Account

I do not use PINs but your query made me curious. I refused to believe that MS had set up a system that would lock a user out in case of a forgotten PIN. I nosed around a bit and found that it is quite easy to bypass your wife's PIN.

• Log on under an admin account, e.g. your own.
    • Reset your wife's password. Pressing the Windows key and typing password will get you there.
    • Log on under your wife's account. You will see a screen similar to this one but with a prettier face:

locked out of win10 using MS account [​IMG]
    • Try the "Sign-in options". One of them lets you use the password you set a moment ago. I tried it a few minutes ago - it works.
    • Get out of the single-contingency trap immediately. Create, test and document a spare password so that you never risk again getting locked out of your machine (as almost happened to you). It's the same as having a spare house key.

Frederik Long, Dec 26, 2015
  4. sml156 Win User

locked out of win10 using MS account

sml156, Dec 26, 2015
  5. thank you I will try this
    will never use my MS account again.

6. Hi sml156
    thanks for the message
    how can I access the netplwiz or regedit when I cannot login to my laptop
    how can I access the cmd which key should i use when start my laptop
    thank you

7. wintennewbie2, Dec 27, 2015
  8. sml156 Win User

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. locked out of win10 using MS account - Similar Threads - locked win10 using

2. Locked out of an account I never use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of an account I never use: Hi,I am trying to access an account with live.com that I had created 4 years ago. I tried entering the password too many times and I was locked out of this account. Now I never used this account and had created one only because Microsoft forced me to do this when I wanted to...
  3. Locked out of an account I never use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of an account I never use: Hi,I am trying to access an account with live.com that I had created 4 years ago. I tried entering the password too many times and I was locked out of this account. Now I never used this account and had created one only because Microsoft forced me to do this when I wanted to...
  4. Locked out of an account I never use

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. locked out of win10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    locked out of win10: After an update, log on changed from a password to a pin. I have not set a pin! Cannot use "I have forgotten my pin" as my Dell laptop is off the net prior to logging in. Cannot turn net on from box in bottom right. Tried reset, tried most if not all booting options including...
  6. locked out of win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    locked out of win10: After an update, log on changed from a password to a pin. I have not set a pin! Cannot use "I have forgotten my pin" as my Dell laptop is off the net prior to logging in. Cannot turn net on from box in bottom right. Tried reset, tried most if not all booting options including...
  7. locked out of win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Locked out of MS account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of MS account: My cousin, that got this PC when starting college, didn't even realize she created a MS account and has no idea what the password is because, she only used it once on the laptop and then it was a PIN. Now, she's locked out of the laptop because, on boot bitlocker asks for the...
  9. Locked out of Win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked out of Win10: Somehow i managed to lock myself out of my desktop , i cannot get past the lock screen. I changed the password 2 times but i think the problem is my username which i do not know how to change on the lock screen, help! btw , when i click on the 'i forgot my password' link it...
  10. locked out of win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    locked out of win10: so i need some help i think. i have a win 10 msi laptop. i have been attempting to reinstall and delete everything on it as i have lost all passwords and my current password seems to no longer be accepted. the account is linked to a microsoft account.and the password still...