Windows 10: Locked out of Windows 10 and have forgotten my password

Discus and support Locked out of Windows 10 and have forgotten my password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Urgent help needed please Yesterday my system crashed and I had to turn it off and then back on again. But it has been so long since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David Grimsdell, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Locked out of Windows 10 and have forgotten my password

Hi everyone,

Urgent help needed please

Yesterday my system crashed and I had to turn it off and then back on again. But it has been so long since I entered my password, that I have forgotten it.

Is there any way of bypassing it so that I can get to User Accounts to change it there, or what?

I am dumbfounded as to what to do.

Thanks for reading this.

Dave

:)

David Grimsdell, Aug 16, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Forgotten password, locked out of computer

Helping users to reset / crack Windows sign-in credentials is a difficult and controversial topic. We wouldn't want to, and it wouldn't be right to assist people to get into other users accounts.

In your case the first thing I noticed when reading your post was the highlighted part in above quote. It simply can't be true that you set up a picture password without knowing your password; to set up a picture password you must first verify you are the account owner by entering your password:

Locked out of Windows 10 and have forgotten my password [​IMG]

My suggestion is that to sign in to Windows you use the same password you had to know and use when you created the picture password.

4. Wingo101 Win User

Locked out of Windows 10 and have forgotten my password

Forgot Windows Vista Password

I recently set a password for Windows Vista, but after a while I seem to have forgotten it. Now I'm locked out of my computer. *Frown Locked out of Windows 10 and have forgotten my password :(

How can I recover/remove my password?

Wingo101, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Locked out of Windows 10 and have forgotten my password

1. Locked out of Windows 10 and have forgotten my password - Similar Threads - Locked forgotten password

2. I have forgotten the Windows password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have forgotten the Windows password: I have forgotten the Windows password local account, And I am currently accessing Windows using a PIN CODE. Is there a way to recover the password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-the-windows-password/d8c5663e-3a72-425e-8ed9-3729beb73964
  3. I have forgotten the Windows password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have forgotten the Windows password: I have forgotten the Windows password local account, And I am currently accessing Windows using a PIN CODE. Is there a way to recover the password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-the-windows-password/d8c5663e-3a72-425e-8ed9-3729beb73964
  4. I am locked out of my laptop. I have forgotten the password and I cannot find utilman.exe....

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am locked out of my laptop. I have forgotten the password and I cannot find utilman.exe....: I am locked out and cannot locate utilman.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-locked-out-of-my-laptop-i-have-forgotten-the/028d7594-c273-4b27-843e-02b89ad7b4a1
  5. I am locked out of my laptop. I have forgotten the password and I cannot find utilman.exe....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am locked out of my laptop. I have forgotten the password and I cannot find utilman.exe....: I am locked out and cannot locate utilman.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-locked-out-of-my-laptop-i-have-forgotten-the/028d7594-c273-4b27-843e-02b89ad7b4a1
  6. Locked out of laptop by forgotten password

Locked out of laptop by forgotten password: I usually use the Pin to log into my laptop. Now its asking for a password that I dont know. Please help Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-laptop-by-forgotten-password/b6f4f789-4673-42f5-a9f1-0dc70cda3448
  7. I have forgotten my laptop's password

I have forgotten my laptop's password: Hello, I changed my laptop's password one month ago. I haven't used my laptop for 15 days because of my study. I turn on my laptop today but I can't get access to it because I forgot my password. I won't afford to lose my data, this is very essential to me. Please help me....
  8. Windows 10: password lock out

Windows 10: password lock out: Hi Yesterday, Windows Defender told me I should set a password. I started to do that but part of the process, formulating a 8 digit password to meet its high level requirement. But as it then required my old password to proceed, which I did not know (or even if i ever had...
  9. Have access to Windows but have forgotten password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Have access to Windows but have forgotten password: I used netplwiz to enable logging on to Windows without a password. This was before I upgraded to Windows 10. Now I am up to date with latest updates but don't think I used my Microsoft hotmail account password to log in. I know my hotmail password and have a PIN. If I use...
  10. Forgotten password, locked out of computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten password, locked out of computer: I recently made a dumb move by attempting to change my picture password without giving any regard to the fact I don't remember what my local text-based password was. It wasn't until I deleted my picture password when realized what I had done and ended up ultimately locking...