Windows 10: Locked out of Windows 10 due to a non-microsoft account

Discus and support Locked out of Windows 10 due to a non-microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Every time I try to log in to my computer, I am given the error 'We can't sign in to your account' and am sent to a temporary profile which obviously... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GeorgeFal, Dec 5, 2017.

1. GeorgeFal Win User

Locked out of Windows 10 due to a non-microsoft account

Every time I try to log in to my computer, I am given the error 'We can't sign in to your account' and am sent to a temporary profile which obviously means I cannot access my files or create new ones.

The computer recently asked me to enter new account details on my profile so I added my work email which is NOT a microsoft account.
    I think the problem is that as I try to sign in to the computer, microsoft is searching for a microsoft email and not finding one so is saying that it just can't sign in.
    I have managed to find and copy all of my files from my account by creating another admin user and retrieving them this way (which I don't think should be possible as it seems very unsafe but whatever) but I would rather not just create a new user and delete the older user as all my programmes, emails, settings etc are still in the old account.
    I have tried editing the registry, adding new profiles, and changing various settings but essentially what I need to do is change the email address associated with that user without being logged in to that user - is this possible??? I'm going insane with this and just keep going in circles!!

:)

GeorgeFal, Dec 5, 2017
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

locked out of my pc due to a wrong email address

Hi Thompson,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

Are you able to login to the account?

If you are able to access the account , create a new user account admin account and remove the wrong account created.

To create a new account, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

If you don't have access to the account or forgot password, refer to the below article:

Reset your password

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Dec 5, 2017
  3. locked out of my pc due to a wrong email address

I updated to windows 10 and signed up to Microsoft with a wrong email address and now I am locked out of my computer is there anyway I can fix this

tamiathompson, Dec 5, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. Simple answer is to register the email with Ms then it's a ms account it doesn't have to be normal an email can be registered with ms

Samuria, Dec 5, 2017
  5. GeorgeFal Win User
    Thanks!
    Apparently it already is a microsoft account (I didn't realise the guy who set up the pc had registered it) so now I really don't know.

GeorgeFal, Dec 5, 2017
  6. Kyhi Win User
    First Off..
    If this a personal PC, DO NOT use your MS Account for the user login verification process...

Setup a new user using a LOCAL (PC Hosted) Account and just skip over the MS Account BS..

Or convert MS Account Setting over to a Local Account Login

Kyhi, Dec 5, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Have you tried using the work email address and password to log into Windows?

NavyLCDR, Dec 5, 2017
  8. Try3 Win User

Try3, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Locked out of Windows 10 due to a non-microsoft account - Similar Threads - Locked due non

2. Locked out of Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of Microsoft account?: Performed a Windows update and when it finished rebooting, a message showed stating that PIN security had been updated and to use the password that nobody remembers. Then tried the Send Me A Code but the email account never receives it, and here's the twist.The email address...
  3. Locked out of Microsoft Account

Locked out of Microsoft Account: I'm wondering what criminality MS think I'm up to! My office pc was O.K. this morning. My domestic one came up with this rebuff this afternoon.THAT wasn't the worst of it. After going through the Recovery procedures I managed to get a code onto my landline, but it was...
  4. Microsoft account locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account locked out: I am helping my elderly neighbor set up a new laptop.They know their current password and they were logged into their MS account on their old laptop.We tried to log into their new laptop with their MS account but it asked to them verify... unfortunantley the cell number it...
  5. Microsoft account locked out

Microsoft account locked out: I am helping my elderly neighbor set up a new laptop.They know their current password and they were logged into their MS account on their old laptop.We tried to log into their new laptop with their MS account but it asked to them verify... unfortunantley the cell number it...
  6. Locked out of my account due to Hacker.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of my account due to Hacker.: My bank account has been drained and left with 3k in the negative and Microsoft locked me out of my account. Everything is setting there in the Hackers control. This sounds like a lawsuit to me.. I demand to be contacted immediately....
  7. Locked out of Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Microsoft Account: My wife recently attempted to create a new Microsoft account and somehow messed up the password. We were unable to figure out what she entered and I had to restore her computer from backup so that she could log into it using a local account. We attempted to reset the password...
  8. Locked out of Microsoft Account

Locked out of Microsoft Account: My wife recently attempted to create a new Microsoft account and somehow messed up the password. We were unable to figure out what she entered and I had to restore her computer from backup so that she could log into it using a local account. We attempted to reset the password...
  9. microsoft account locked out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft account locked out: My aged father has been hijacked as he has been negligent with his passwords specifically that of his Microsoft account. His PC was playing up recently so we upgraded to Windows 10 was running 8.1 and on restart the Microsoft banner came up and we couldn't log in with his...
  10. locked out microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    locked out microsoft account: when trying to sign in on computer get a message that Microsoft account has been disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/locked-out-microsoft-account/b86dc012-649d-431e-82f6-3a848405b6a5