Windows 10: Locked out of windows

Discus and support Locked out of windows in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I had this problem where I was trying to disable the requirement to enter a password at logon. In searching for a way to do this I also had a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Xelot, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Xelot Win User

Locked out of windows

So I had this problem where I was trying to disable the requirement to enter a password at logon. In searching for a way to do this I also had a strange situation where on the log on screen I had two accounts - both had the same name but one had my email under it, the other did not.

I used the netplwiz method to disable password entry requirement but the logon screen still appeared and asked for password, and still showing the two accounts. I looked at the local users and groups snap in console and noticed there was my account plus a "homegroups" login account. I figured the homegroups login was responsible for the extra account, so i disabled it.

The extra account was still showing up, so I decided to disable what was showing up as my own account in the local users and groups snap in as it was the only one left in the list. Now I cannot log in to the computer at all.

:UPDATE:

I was able to log in again after using safe mode to re-enable the accounts.

Still stuck on how to disable the password login requirement

:)

Xelot, Aug 6, 2015

2. Locked out of computer because of BitLocker Recovery Issue, but I NEVER ENABLED BitLocker!

Hi Raynee,

For us to properly assist you, we would like to ask for more details about the issue. Please help us verify the following:

• What's the make and model of your computer?
    • Can you recall if at some point you have enabled Bitlocker?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Locked out of computer because of BitLocker Recovery Issue, but I NEVER ENABLED BitLocker!

You really need to get support from Dell as it is a new laptop.

Solar-Eclipse, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Locked out of windows

1. Locked out of windows - Similar Threads - Locked

2. Caps Lock Notification on my computer screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock Notification on my computer screen: I use an HP Laptop 17-cn0xxx, and up until recently, I have not had this problem. But suddenly, I get a Caps Lock notification on my screen every time I click the dang Caps Lock button, I didn't have it this morning, and now I do. Please, tell me, how do I turn this thing...
  3. Caps Lock Notification on my computer screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps Lock Notification on my computer screen: I use an HP Laptop 17-cn0xxx, and up until recently, I have not had this problem. But suddenly, I get a Caps Lock notification on my screen every time I click the dang Caps Lock button, I didn't have it this morning, and now I do. Please, tell me, how do I turn this thing...
  4. How to get rid of the Caps Lock ON/OFF visual display [WINDOWS 11; HP]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of the Caps Lock ON/OFF visual display [WINDOWS 11; HP]: Hi all,All of a sudden this annoying box has turned on and for some reason please see attached images below. Not sure what's caused it, for the life of me I can't seem to find out how to turn this back off. First time I've encountered this, tried results from other pages on...
  5. How to get rid of the Caps Lock ON/OFF visual display [WINDOWS 11; HP]

How to get rid of the Caps Lock ON/OFF visual display [WINDOWS 11; HP]: Hi all,All of a sudden this annoying box has turned on and for some reason please see attached images below. Not sure what's caused it, for the life of me I can't seem to find out how to turn this back off. First time I've encountered this, tried results from other pages on...
  6. Help Disabling Caps/Num Lock notification.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Disabling Caps/Num Lock notification.: Hi, i remember diabling this setting a long time ago and can't remember how. today this annoying thing popped up again. I have tried a multitude of methods that have been previously posted, but appear to lack the options required to complete the instructions. please help me...
  7. Help Disabling Caps/Num Lock notification.

Help Disabling Caps/Num Lock notification.: Hi, i remember diabling this setting a long time ago and can't remember how. today this annoying thing popped up again. I have tried a multitude of methods that have been previously posted, but appear to lack the options required to complete the instructions. please help me...
  8. Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes: Hello, I have a few laptops Lenovo and Dell that timeout after only a few minutes.They have already been clean formatted again, all possible power, sleep and screen timeout options have been set to 2h, I have been scouting forums all day long. There are no GPOs pushing these...
  9. Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes

Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes: Hello, I have a few laptops Lenovo and Dell that timeout after only a few minutes.They have already been clean formatted again, all possible power, sleep and screen timeout options have been set to 2h, I have been scouting forums all day long. There are no GPOs pushing these...
  10. How do I disable the caps lock on/off notification on windows 11?

How do I disable the caps lock on/off notification on windows 11?: I havent touched any settings where it may change whether or not it appears, but now it is appearing and its really annoying. My laptop has a light indicator to tell me if my caps lock is on or off. But man THIS IS SO ANNOYING. If anyone has the solution, please tell me. I am...