Windows 10: Locked out

Discus and support Locked out in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I upgraded from W 7 to 10 a few days ago. For several days, it booted straight to desktop, no prompts. I have never set a password for this machine.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by wildtroutguy, May 27, 2016.

1. Locked out

I upgraded from W 7 to 10 a few days ago. For several days, it booted straight to desktop, no prompts. I have never set a password for this machine. Now, all of a sudden, I am locked out. I see "please enter your sign in information and try again." I have no idea what to do, I hate this. Any help would be appreciated. *Shock

:)

wildtroutguy, May 27, 2016

2. Locked out

thank you for your response.

It is laptop Lenovo Ideapad 100. The OS is windows 10 i think it is home license. Currently i can not log in into my OS so i have no information for point 4.

JhonsonLee, May 27, 2016
  3. locked out

Yes, thx for the answer. I tried safe mode and still am locked out.

I get the same messsage that I spoke about in my previous post.

HELP....

KarenWebber, May 27, 2016
  4. Locked out

Courage, Buddy. This problem is solvable, but there are different things you have to try.

The easiest is to use every password you have ever used on that machine, including the ones you use for e-mail.

If that doesn't work, try this:

I suggest you to perform the following steps and check:
    1.Use the power button on the sign-in screen to Shift+Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu.
    2.Click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup settings. When given the choice of startup options, try booting the PC in Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
    3.In command prompt, type the following command and press Enter.

net user administrator /active:yes

After enabling built-in administrator account, you may logon and enable the account which is not working.

You may later disable built-in administrator account. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

net user administrator /active:no

Vince Massi, May 27, 2016
  5. Thanks Vince
    After running the command, I got back "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied."
    I've had this PC for about 2 years, never set a login password. Only my 2 cats here.

6. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, May 27, 2016
  7. Well, I was able to run the command and it left me with a new administrator account, which I dont want. I cant seem to configure this new account without a password. I have a lot of settings. This is becoming a deepening quagmire.

8. Locked out

Things have gone from bad to worse. User account control is greyed out whenever it is called up and I cant do anything. I cant even roll back to 7. My only course may be to wipe my ssd and install 10 from an ISO. Or reinstall 7 and just use it. It's a disaster.

9. Perhaps I don't understand you.
    If it gave you a new administrator account, then you should be able to get in.

Vince Massi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Locked out

1. Locked out - Similar Threads - Locked

2. Windows 11 Home, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock screen.: When I try to open the computer I was supposed to enter the password, but instead the login appeared, and when I pressed it for a few seconds, the word “Welcome” appears and disappears.And it remains on the lock screen Please I need your help Please I need your help. I tried...
  3. Windows 11 Home, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock screen.: When I try to open the computer I was supposed to enter the password, but instead the login appeared, and when I pressed it for a few seconds, the word “Welcome” appears and disappears.And it remains on the lock screen Please I need your help Please I need your help. I tried...
  4. Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?: I'm finding that the Windows 10 Spotlight lock screen is repeating images over and over again, even after I've rated it once, they come back and ask me to re-rate it again. This has been happening over the past year or so. In the past, you'd just get a new image and you'd...
  5. Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?

Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?: I'm finding that the Windows 10 Spotlight lock screen is repeating images over and over again, even after I've rated it once, they come back and ask me to re-rate it again. This has been happening over the past year or so. In the past, you'd just get a new image and you'd...
  6. Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...: helloMy primary computer is locked. at startup, it is asking me to enter a bitlocker recovery code to unblock it.It seems that this code is stored on my microsoft account under this url : https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykeyWhen I try to go there, it is asking me...
  8. My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...: helloMy primary computer is locked. at startup, it is asking me to enter a bitlocker recovery code to unblock it.It seems that this code is stored on my microsoft account under this url : https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykeyWhen I try to go there, it is asking me...
  9. My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...

10. My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows how to know who locked as generic user