Windows 10: Locked Out

Discus and support Locked Out in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I have an older hp laptop that i was logging into using the fingerprint sensor, then I updated to win 10 and accidentally added a password. Now,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by J Blue Heeler, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Locked Out

Hello, I have an older hp laptop that i was logging into using the fingerprint sensor, then I updated to win 10 and accidentally added a password. Now, I can't get past the log-in screen because I don't recall the password. What can I do?
    Thanks - JBH

:)

J Blue Heeler, Nov 29, 2017

2. Locked out

thank you for your response.

It is laptop Lenovo Ideapad 100. The OS is windows 10 i think it is home license. Currently i can not log in into my OS so i have no information for point 4.

JhonsonLee, Nov 29, 2017
  3. locked out

Yes, thx for the answer. I tried safe mode and still am locked out.

I get the same messsage that I spoke about in my previous post.

HELP....

KarenWebber, Nov 29, 2017
  4. Locked Out

Hi J Blue Heeler. Welcome to the TenForums @J Blue Heeler

From what you wrote I assume this is a local account. If it is a MS account use another PC and go to account.microsoft.com and go through I forgot my password. Once reset you should be able to use new password on device.

If this is a local account then this tutorial should be of assistance. Use Option 5.

Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 29, 2017
Thema:

Locked Out

1. Locked Out - Similar Threads - Locked

2. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device: My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help...
  3. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device: My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help...
  4. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Account locked and no response

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account locked and no response: My account was locked a little over a week ago on 4/10. Via the login site, I was told to appeal my account, being suspended for "Violating Code of Conduct". I did so and I sent over 3 forms now. After doing some research on the Microsoft community, a lot of people have the...
  6. Account locked and no response

Account locked and no response: My account was locked a little over a week ago on 4/10. Via the login site, I was told to appeal my account, being suspended for "Violating Code of Conduct". I did so and I sent over 3 forms now. After doing some research on the Microsoft community, a lot of people have the...
  7. Windows 11 Home, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock screen.: When I try to open the computer I was supposed to enter the password, but instead the login appeared, and when I pressed it for a few seconds, the word “Welcome” appears and disappears.And it remains on the lock screen Please I need your help Please I need your help. I tried...
  8. Windows 11 Home, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock screen.

Windows 11 Home, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock screen.: When I try to open the computer I was supposed to enter the password, but instead the login appeared, and when I pressed it for a few seconds, the word “Welcome” appears and disappears.And it remains on the lock screen Please I need your help Please I need your help. I tried...
  9. Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?: I'm finding that the Windows 10 Spotlight lock screen is repeating images over and over again, even after I've rated it once, they come back and ask me to re-rate it again. This has been happening over the past year or so. In the past, you'd just get a new image and you'd...
  10. Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?

Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?: I'm finding that the Windows 10 Spotlight lock screen is repeating images over and over again, even after I've rated it once, they come back and ask me to re-rate it again. This has been happening over the past year or so. In the past, you'd just get a new image and you'd...