Windows 10: Locked Seagate Disk Harddrive, Attempted to Use video, didn't work.

Discus and support Locked Seagate Disk Harddrive, Attempted to Use video, didn't work. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Np9Ow_Nf-4o So the following video got me a bit closer to what I was attempting to do right now. See I'm trying to recycle this old laptop hard drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SotoPrior, Aug 13, 2018.

1. SotoPrior Win User

Locked Seagate Disk Harddrive, Attempted to Use video, didn't work.

[youtube]Np9Ow_Nf-4o[/youtube]

So the following video got me a bit closer to what I was attempting to do right now. See I'm trying to recycle this old laptop hard drive a friend gave me, but for some strange reason the [expletive] decided for some reason long ago, that his data was so worth the protective need that he had decided to data lock the hard drive through the dell bios, and since then, he's not only forgotten the password, but it is fully rejecting any sort of alternative methods of accessing the internal drive. I've tried from DBAN to CMD, but neither have been able to bypass the lock on the drive itself; and I'm not even trying to access the encrypted information. I'm just trying to reset the Seagate hard drive to it's original manner. Now I've been searching through the interwebs about this since last Thursday, and so far I haven't found anything useful. I'm just stuck at this point with ZU.exe simply stating that: "unlock not done . . ." despite my close attention to the instructions. I've also been looking for a copy of "HDD Unlock Wizard 4.2" since the original webpage closed down supposedly in June 1st of 2017.

I'm just about ready to drill into the little hard drive with a diamond tipped drill bit down the center *Mad, so I'm here wondering if anyone might have a solution to the problem?

:)

SotoPrior, Aug 13, 2018
  2. infocus Win User

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Aug 13, 2018
  3. windows 10 install from iso image harddrive locked

Having problems with a business windows 7 pro machine that was upgraded online to windows 10. The Upgrade went ok but there was problems with the print spooler so I thought after much troubleshooting that I could reinstall from an iso image disk made
    off the windows upgrade site. Disk boots fine and comes to a screen giving me multiple options, one of which is to refresh the operating system. However when I try to refresh the installation it says that the harddrive is locked. But bitl;ocker is
    not being used or any other software that would lock the harddrive
    . Any suggestions on how to unlock the harddrive and make windows 10 install work?

Fraxis_TCC, Aug 13, 2018
  4. reverze Win User

harddrive error testing software

Well so far in the past two days I've had 3 lock ups followed by an error saying "a disk read error occurred"

I need some type of software to test my harddrive and make sure it's ok.

Suggestions?

reverze, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Locked Seagate Disk Harddrive, Attempted to Use video, didn't work. - Similar Threads - Locked Seagate Disk

2. my harddrive shown as not initialized on disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my harddrive shown as not initialized on disk management: hard drive when plugged via usb it gives clucking code sound western digital WXP1E21MTF34 as attached, it clucks 9 times then 3 times then 3 times again then nothing! how can i get windows to recognize the harddrive given that it didn't shown any signs of it being about to...
  3. New Seagate harddrive disconnects until **power plug** is pulled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Seagate harddrive disconnects until **power plug** is pulled: A brand-new, less-than-a-month-old external hard drive ("Seagate 8TB Expansion Desktop") randomly disconnects after a few hours (1.5 to 12? hours), and can only be reconnected after un/re-plugging the power plug from the power socket. Simply un/re-plugging the USB cable does...
  4. Back-up with seagate external harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Back-up with seagate external harddrive: As others before, I got trouble to use my new seagate external hard drive with windows 10 on my laptop. Windows is recognizing the device and I can start the back-up process in Windows. But always I get the message that the back-up has begun. but even so, every time, after...
  5. External Harddrive is locked

External Harddrive is locked: Hi Team, I have an external hardrive which is currently locked and inaccessible. I do not have the password or the recovery key saved with me. Tried looking for the recovery key but couldn't get it as I am using a new laptop now, since the old one laptop has been...
  6. locked harddrive by microsoft why?

locked harddrive by microsoft why?: i am saying microsoft because i was doing updates after they loaded i restarted and i could not get in to my system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-harddrive-by-microsoft-why/29ff5258-bf71-4db8-aa56-ab638f299711
  7. Lock screen not working if video playing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen not working if video playing: Hello, I have the lock screen set on Windows 10 for one minute, which I thought would always kick-in with no mouse or keyboard activity. I've found, though, that sometimes it doesn't do that when I've gone out for more than a minute, and realised it's because I have a news...
  8. seagate external hard disk not showing up

seagate external hard disk not showing up: Hi, Device manager indicates Unknown USB Device device descriptor request failed, Under Mass Storage - Properties - Error Code 45 Other HD and SDs are working good. Can someone help...............................
  9. Video Tags on External Harddrive

Video Tags on External Harddrive: I have come across a weird issue with video tags in Windows 10. Can't seem to find an answer for this. To start I have many mp4 video files. I open folder right click on the file then go to properties. I click on details, then add Tags for the video and click ok. This...
  10. No display when attempting to use new video card.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No display when attempting to use new video card.: Hello guys, recently I've gotten a Nvidia geforce gt 620 (newer than the onboard card graphics card with his also a Nvidia which is older I think?) it was given to me by my brother, and it's in good condition he didn't give me any cds or anything and I have it outside my...