Windows 10: locked up laptop

Discus and support locked up laptop in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; this started yesterday. i downloaded the ARK Dev Kit but when i tried to install i recieved this message, "the system admin has set policies to prevent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by bjornsven, Feb 28, 2017.

1. bjornsven Win User

locked up laptop

this started yesterday. i downloaded the ARK Dev Kit but when i tried to install i recieved this message, "the system admin has set policies to prevent this installation". i attempted some surface quick fixes. ie: turn off antivirus. did not help. eventually i ran this line into my run command prompt: "net user administrator /active:yes" in an attempt to make my user account the true admin. restarted my computer.

the sign in screen loads. i enter pin/password and i recieve this error : "the User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile can not be loaded."

i've attempted to restore a previous backup, which failed.

tried fixing start up problems via shift-power up-babys first computer menu. failed.

tried using rufus to make a flash drive bootable x64 win10 from the ISO. wont do it. the BIOS says usb boot is enabled. shift-restart-> use device-> select usb fails stating boot manager isnt set to allow it. so i get into boot manager and theres three options, boot windows, and two others almost identically named but not showing me my actual usb device. (though i did try all three options)

so i tried to reset the pc, remove all files and it errors out stating it cant do that and cancel is the only option

idk what to do here anymore

halp!

EDIT:

lenovo ideapad touch p400
    win8 at purchase, running win10 for awhile now

EDIT:

in BIOS i disabled secure boot and switched to legacy with uefi support. now the boot manager found the usb. reinstalling win10, finally.

EDIT:

did not instal win10. eight partitions. all said same error. GPT partition incompatible. tried to format. it just didnt do anything.

returned to shift restart menu. use device. lenovo one key service. was able here to restore yo factory settings with win8.

tried to reinstal windows10. boot error on second reboot. returned to BIOS. restores UEFI and Secure Boot. tried again to reinstal win10.

on first restart black screen for two hours.

restarted and returned to win8. win8 updates to instsl and restart. 167 of them. tried that. it almost finished but encountered a failure to instsl updates post 160. now ots been trying to revert to win8 pre updates for two more hours.

it says dont turn it off. so im leaving it overnight.

what fo i do here? im almost ready to rip out the hard drive to keep as an external and just get s new computer.

:)

bjornsven, Feb 28, 2017
  2. woizoi Win User

Lock Screen Slideshow

For some reason, I can't change the lock screen I get when I start up the laptop.

When I change photos or slideshow folders from lock screen setting from personalization,

it changes the lock screen that I get when my laptop is inactive or I manually lock the screen.

But the lock screen I get when my laptop is booted up.

Is there way to change THAT lock screen?

woizoi, Feb 28, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    laptop - Windows 10 locked up

Hi Gary, what are you seeing on the screen?

Have you tried the options in the Windows Recovery Environment?

Start your PC, just as Windows attempts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down

Do this twice

On the third start Windows will boot into the Recovery Environment and from there you can access System Repair, Safe Mode, Command Prompt . . . etc.

Please try each option one at a time, then see of Windows will boot . . .

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Repair

See if Windows startup can repair itself

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - System Restore

Check to see if you have a restore point you can go back to

If you do not have a Restore Point, go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Settings and click Restart

Upon restart, press 4 to enter Safe Mode

Once in Safe Mode, backup your data if you do not already have a backup

Open Device Manager and check to make sure all your Drivers are up to date

Reboot to see if Windows will start Normally

If the above fails, go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Reset this PC

Choose to keep your files and apps, just your files or to keep nothing

Then start the Reset

DaveM121, Feb 28, 2017
Thema:

locked up laptop

1. locked up laptop - Similar Threads - locked laptop

2. How to turn off caps lock pop up in windows 11 HP laptop? I have tried out all the possible...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off caps lock pop up in windows 11 HP laptop? I have tried out all the possible...: I have tried out all the possible solutions listed but it went in vain. Also tried changing it from control panel and also removing startup apps. This issue has started on its own suddenly....
  3. How to turn off caps lock pop up in windows 11 HP laptop? I have tried out all the possible...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off caps lock pop up in windows 11 HP laptop? I have tried out all the possible...: I have tried out all the possible solutions listed but it went in vain. Also tried changing it from control panel and also removing startup apps. This issue has started on its own suddenly....
  4. How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...: I bought a laptop that has has a bios lock and I can't access the security tab to disable it for a windows service laptop. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-factory-reset-a-windows-service-laptop-if/1fff713a-c794-4833-bfbd-12e5ce35cf4e
  5. How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...

How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...: I bought a laptop that has has a bios lock and I can't access the security tab to disable it for a windows service laptop. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-factory-reset-a-windows-service-laptop-if/1fff713a-c794-4833-bfbd-12e5ce35cf4e
  6. I lock my laptop now I want to unlock this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lock my laptop now I want to unlock this: At first my laptop is lost then I lock this laptop and when I find my laptop I tried to unclock it but it can't be unlocked please solve my problem and unlock it...
  7. I lock my laptop now I want to unlock this

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I lock my laptop now I want to unlock this: At first my laptop is lost then I lock this laptop and when I find my laptop I tried to unclock it but it can't be unlocked please solve my problem and unlock it...
  8. I lock my laptop now I want to unlock this

9. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device: My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help...
  10. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device: My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help...