Windows 10: Locking the TASKBAR in place!!!

Discus and support Locking the TASKBAR in place!!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to know why I am not able to keep my TASKBAR LOCKED IN PLACE on my computer. I am able to move it from the Bottom to the Right, to the Top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AllenBeck1, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Locking the TASKBAR in place!!!

I would like to know why I am not able to keep my TASKBAR LOCKED IN PLACE on my computer. I am able to move it from the Bottom to the Right, to the Top and to the Left but wherever I move it, it does NOT STAY LOCKED in it's position. I keep my TASKBAR on the Bottom of my screen and I have it supposedly LOCKED in place but it keeps moving in place, on and off of the screen which is very annoying and I am unable to keep it locked in place!!! Is there anything that I can do to LOCK it in place where it does not move?

:)

AllenBeck1, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

taskbar resize WIN 10

Hi Frank,

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on taskbar.
    • click on properties.
    • uncheck--use small taskbar buttons.
    • uncheck--lock the taskbar.
    • try to place the mouse pointer and then resize the taskbar.
    Please keep us updated.

Vinodh.V, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Locking the TASKBAR in place!!!

Windows 10 Taskbar resizes after full screen game or attached to an external monitor

Hi,

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on taskbar.
    • click on properties.
    • uncheck--use small taskbar buttons.
    • uncheck--lock the taskbar.
    • try to place the mouse pointer and then resize the taskbar.
    Keep us updated.

Rey Cam, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Locking the TASKBAR in place!!!

1. Locking the TASKBAR in place!!! - Similar Threads - Locking TASKBAR place

2. Placing 'Speaker Properties' On Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Placing 'Speaker Properties' On Taskbar: Hello-I want to replace the volume icon on the taskbar or System Tray? with the 'Speaker Properties' icon, as the later opens -in one click- not just the volume control, but the balance, tone and other controls. Windows 10 places only the volume Icon on the Taskbar. From...
  3. Placing 'Speaker Properties' On Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Placing 'Speaker Properties' On Taskbar: Hello-I want to replace the volume icon on the taskbar or System Tray? with the 'Speaker Properties' icon, as the later opens -in one click- not just the volume control, but the balance, tone and other controls. Windows 10 places only the volume Icon on the Taskbar. From...
  4. Placing 'Speaker Properties' On Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Place Date in Taskbar

How to Place Date in Taskbar: How do I put date back on my taskbar at bottom of screen? [Original Title: date] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-place-date-in-taskbar/8ee3eae5-bc2a-4082-bd50-9a5a195be215
  6. place a shortcut on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    place a shortcut on the taskbar: I have a shortcut to "Adjust print options" on my desktop would like to place it on the taskbar, is it possible? 136002
  7. Lock screen no info about places

Lock screen no info about places: Hello! I have set my lock screen background to "Windows spotlight" but when I am at the lock screen information about the pictures that it shows or where they were is not included. So is there a way to enable the info to show up, because I really want to know where all...
  8. Locking Icons Into Place

Locking Icons Into Place: Hello Community, I'm a computer teacher at a private elementary school, and I have students who move icons around, delete some, or add others. Most of the time it's harmless, however, it can slow down class when the next student to use one of those computers can't find...
  9. Placing a file in the TaskBar

in Windows 10 Support
    Placing a file in the TaskBar: In W10 ... I want to place an icon in theTTask Bar that links to a particular text file; and I want that icon\link to be permanent, to stay there, even after I shut down. Would someone tell me how I do that? How do I paste the shortcut to the text file on to the Task bar?...
  10. Will this place "color Management" on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Will this place "color Management" on the taskbar?: This is how it is done in Windows 7 (Color Management Shortcut - Create - Windows 7 Help Forums), but will it work for Windows 10? 37933

Users found this page by searching for:

1. locked taskbar does not stay in position