Windows 10: Lockscreen Cannot be disabled when computer is waked.

Discus and support Lockscreen Cannot be disabled when computer is waked. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; The lock screen on my computer now would show the lock screen when I wake the PC from sleep. There would only be the lock screen and it would not ask... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by heartog, Jan 28, 2017.

1. heartog Win User

Lockscreen Cannot be disabled when computer is waked.

The lock screen on my computer now would show the lock screen when I wake the PC from sleep. There would only be the lock screen and it would not ask for a password to login. I have already changed the windows settings to never require a password on wake in settings and also in the power plan. If I enable password required after wake, both the lock screen and login screen (password screen) would appear. Would there be a way to disable the lock screen from appearing every time at wake?

I have already tried changing the Microsoft.LockApp in SystemApps, adding a large lock screen timeout interval, and all of those "solutions" did not work for me.

Also, the PC i am having issues with is running Windows 10 Home, so I could not use the gpedit.

Thanks.

:)

heartog, Jan 28, 2017
  2. akkha Win User

Can Windows 10 disable a mouse (not both keyboard and mouse) waking computer from sleep ?

according to this question

Windows 10 -- Cannot disable the mouse from waking computer from sleep

===============

My mouse and keyboard are wireless (Logitech Wireless Combo MK345)

I want to disable Mouse from waking computer (I just want to wake my computer by Keyboard)

When I uncheck "Allow this device to wake the computer" (HID-compliant mouse)

But the mouse still waking up the computer

I have to uncheck "Allow this device to wake the computer" (both HID-compliant mouse and HID Keyboard Device) to disable mouse BUT keyboard also disable.....

How to do it or have to wait windows update fix???

Thank You

akkha, Jan 28, 2017
  3. windows 10 ver 1607

I cannot disable the lockscreen with regedit?

CarlBenanty, Jan 28, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Try
    Lockscreen Cannot be disabled when computer is waked. [​IMG]

- free reliable tweaker with explanation.

Note: playing around with the lock screen can make it very difficult to get Spotlight (changing images from MS) working again.

dalchina, Jan 28, 2017
  5. heartog Win User
    Thanks for replying! But I just tried doing that and it did not help *Sad

heartog, Jan 28, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Jan 29, 2017
  7. heartog Win User
    heartog, Jan 29, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

If you create a new user for test purposes, can you disable that user's lock screen?

dalchina, Jan 29, 2017
  9. heartog Win User
    Sorry for the late reply, but I've just tried creating a new user account and disabled password required after wake and it would still display the lock screen,

heartog, Jan 31, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    I can only wish you luck with that, other than suggesting an in-place upgrade repair install. But I hardly think you would wish to do that.

Someone else may have another suggestion, or you may find something yourself.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lockscreen Cannot be disabled when computer is waked. - Similar Threads - Lockscreen Cannot disabled

2. Mouse waking computer when wake is disabled in Device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse waking computer when wake is disabled in Device manager: I'm confused. It's hot and the computer room is the hottest room in the house even when most of the equipment is shut down, so I have the ceiling fan set to maximum to supplement the air conditioning. I also have a medium room fan as well about 1 foot in diameter running.I...
  3. Mouse waking computer when wake is disabled in Device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse waking computer when wake is disabled in Device manager: I'm confused. It's hot and the computer room is the hottest room in the house even when most of the equipment is shut down, so I have the ceiling fan set to maximum to supplement the air conditioning. I also have a medium room fan as well about 1 foot in diameter running.I...
  4. Mouse waking computer when wake is disabled in Device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cannot Disable the "Allow device to wake computer" !!! -- Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot Disable the "Allow device to wake computer" !!! -- Windows 10: Just to preface... This was working for me just fine for the last 3 years, until I recently got a new desk and had my computer unplugged for a few days. I am using the Razer Chroma mouse and keyboard with the latest Razer firmware... I have gone into the Device Manage and...
  6. disable lockscreen password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    disable lockscreen password: There used to be a setting to turn off password on lock screen. It is no longer available. Why? And how do I disable that password? It is annoying and not needed for my use. Dan...
  7. Disable BackGround On Lockscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable BackGround On Lockscreen: Hello, I'd like to know how to disable background on Lockscreen after startup (When we input user name and password) ? Thanks. 89873
  8. how to disable LockScreen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable LockScreen?: Can anyone tell me how to disable LockScreen? - I would like completely erase the lock screen. Neither the GPEdit, nor the regedit trick worked properly: "Do not display the lock screen" is "Enabled", but the lock screen keeps appearing at start. Thanks. 5075
  9. Disable Lockscreen After Waking From Sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Lockscreen After Waking From Sleep: I'm trying to disable lockscreen after waking from sleep. And I can't find such option. Take a look at the screenshot. [img] I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise, I'm system administrator and the only Group Policy settings I changed are this: [img] Please, help me to solve...
  10. Disabling lockscreen with 14393

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling lockscreen with 14393: It seems MS have removed the ability to disable the lockscreen using a registry edit. On my tablet, I now have to swipe screen to get to login prompt and after sleep. If you set it to autologin using netplwiz or similar, it does not need to swiped at login, only after...