Windows 10: Lockscreen slideshow does not work

Discus and support Lockscreen slideshow does not work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I set my pc to show a slideshow on the lock screen after a few minutes of inactivity, it shows only one default picture instead of the pictures in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ronzie009, Aug 11, 2015.

1. ronzie009 Win User

Lockscreen slideshow does not work

When I set my pc to show a slideshow on the lock screen after a few minutes of inactivity, it shows only one default picture instead of the pictures in the folder it is configured to use. If I look in the settings, there is some red text that says "You need more than one picture to show in your slideshow", even though there are eight pictures in the selected folder.

The "only show pictures that fit my screen" and "include camera roll folders" settings are off, and "when pc is inactive, show lock screen instead of turning off the screen" is on. I have DisplayFusion installed, but it is not set to control the screensaver.

:)

ronzie009, Aug 11, 2015
  2. John237 Win User

Lockscreen will not show Windows spotlight pictures

Switching to a picture does nothing on the lockscreen, login screen does show the image. If I change to a slideshow it does show the images, then the login screen shows the image in the preview in settings. Switching back to Spotlight leaves me with
    a black lockscreen with the text again...really don't want a slideshow

John237, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Lockscreen Slideshow on multiple monitors

Back before on 8.1 my lockscreen slideshow was showing on both of my monitors, but now it is only on the main monitor. I can't seem to find anywhere in the settings to change this.

Does anyone know how to get the lockscreen slideshow in windows 10 to display on both monitors?

JacobCornyname, Aug 11, 2015
  4. altae Win User

Are users on your pc forced to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete in order to skip the lockscreen and get to the login screen? On my pc customizing the lockscreen only works if this function is disabled meaning users only have to press a key to get to the login screen.

altae, Aug 11, 2015
  5. ronzie009 Win User
    It's a desktop pc and I'm the only user, so I have it set to log in automatically.

ronzie009, Aug 12, 2015
  6. altae Win User
    Yeah but please do us a favour and tell us what happens if the lockscreen comes up. Can you simply click it away (by mouse click or by pressing any key) or do you have to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete in order to advance to the login screen?

altae, Aug 12, 2015
  7. ronzie009 Win User
    I just click and it brings me back to my desktop, not the login screen.

ronzie009, Aug 12, 2015
  8. Lockscreen slideshow does not work

I've got the same issue. I have a folder with nine images I'd like to set as a slideshow lock screen, but it doesn't seem to work. I do log in with a password, but I only have to click/key press to open it, not Ctrl+Alt+Del. Individual pictures and the Windows Spotlight work fine, but I would like to have a custom slideshow.

I'm running Windows 10 on an Asus t100

ironicreativity, Aug 12, 2015
  9. altae Win User
    Ok, just wanted to avoid that you walk into the same trap as I did. I guess the lockscreen feature definitely needs some fixes by MS because currently it is unreliable at best.

altae, Aug 12, 2015
  10. otus Win User
    Hi&Hello.
    I have the same problem, it doesn't matter if I choice one folder with full of photos, a several folders , even when i choice the system's "pictures" folder ... the lock screen doesn't show any pictures and in the settings i see "you need one the one picture to show in your slideshow" . That is weird . Some ideas how to solve the issue ?

regards,

11. Gary B Win User
    The slideshow lock screen feature (I'm using a pin as login) was working for me a just yesterday, but suddenly after changing the selected pictures, it showed the error that "you need more than one picture blah blah...".

I have an SSD as my system drive (Samsung 830) and as I've only this week updated to Windows 10 I was still configuring services to prolong the life of the SSD drive as I had done previously in Windows 7 (yes - I skipped Windows 8). I had just turned off the indexing service as part of this optimisation process, so I thought that it may be the culprit. I switched it back on (using the Samsung Magician SSD systray software) and the slideshow started to work again.

So it seems that wherever your chosen pictures are, they need to be either indexed by the indexing engine, or at least the indexing engine needs to be enabled. Can anyone else confirm this rather stupid behaviour?

Regards
    Gary

Gary B, Nov 8, 2015
  12. Jolinar Win User
    Hi ! My way: I downloaded free Windows 10 wallpapers from a site, all with ascending names like windows_10_wallpaper_nithinsuren_7-wallpaper-1366x768, where 7 is the last image; the others are 4,5,6 with the same names, like windows_10_wallpaper_nithinsuren_5-wallpaper-1366x768; then I cut them from Downloads folder C:\Users\PCname\Downloads and Paste them in Camera Roll (it seems that Camera Roll worked with Slideshow) - also, the resolutions seems to be all the same 1366x768 in my case (so, I let them be that way, without change) and another thing, seems that some pictures appears with green names (I don't know why name are written in green, maybe an issue for Ready for indexing or I don't know - and I removed them from Camera Roll) - seems that worked without modified pictures written in green - and I let all the other pictures with 1366x768 resolution, all downloaded from the Internet, also in the names of the files ! Help this works !

Jolinar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lockscreen slideshow does not work - Similar Threads - Lockscreen slideshow does

2. lockscreen slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lockscreen slideshow: Im new to microsoft and i have a question about my lockscreen slideshow. ive recently created an album from my google account and then downloaded it to microsoft to use as my slideshow. its perfecty except the fact that now i have a bunch more pictures i would like to add to...
  3. lockscreen slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    lockscreen slideshow: Im new to microsoft and i have a question about my lockscreen slideshow. ive recently created an album from my google account and then downloaded it to microsoft to use as my slideshow. its perfecty except the fact that now i have a bunch more pictures i would like to add to...
  4. The slideshow in lockscreen not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The slideshow in lockscreen not working: I set my lock screen to slideshow. But when the computer automatically locks or press the windows key + L, the lock screen shows only the lock screen wallpaper, nothing else like time, network, battery ... The slideshow screen doesn't work, it just shows the lock screen...
  5. Lockscreen slideshow

Lockscreen slideshow: How do I find the folder that my lockscreen slideshow displays on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen-slideshow/08824bef-e416-4e6c-a3a9-91c143ec2456
  6. Lockscreen slideshow is not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lockscreen slideshow is not working.: Here is my problem. My problem is that the Slideshow is not showing the three images shown in the folder to make a slideshow when in the Lockscreen. This is the result from my problem. submitted by /u/MangaIsekaiWeeb [link] [comments]...
  7. Slideshow Preview not Working- Lockscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slideshow Preview not Working- Lockscreen: So I have a brand new Acer Aspire 5. I'm attempting to get it to use a folder on my lockscreen as a slideshow. The exact same folder worked fine on my other laptops. The slideshow works, kind of. It doesn't work when I lock my computer immediately, I have to wait a while, and...
  8. Lockscreen slideshow.

Lockscreen slideshow.: Is there a way to skip to the previous picture in the lockscreen slideshow? If not, what is a good program to use for slideshows? This program must be easy to launch, ideally from the the desktop without the need to select which folder to display everytime it is...
  9. Lockscreen slideshow not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lockscreen slideshow not working: When I start my computer the lockscreen doesn't change pictures. However, when I press Win-I the lockscreen does change pictures. How do I get the startup lockscreen to change pictures?...
  10. Lockscreen Slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen Slideshow: Lock screen slideshow won't work ! 15369

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phone slide show not working

2. windows locksreen slideshow doesnt work

3. slideshow lockscreen not working