Windows 10: Lockscreen Win-Spotlight & Slideshow are not triggering after update 1803

Discus and support Lockscreen Win-Spotlight & Slideshow are not triggering after update 1803 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since Update 1803, the slideshow and Windows spotlight do no properly start when the PC is locked or on inactivity. Before the 1803 update it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EdgarVo, Jul 14, 2018.

1. EdgarVo Win User

Lockscreen Win-Spotlight & Slideshow are not triggering after update 1803

Since Update 1803, the slideshow and Windows spotlight do no properly start when the PC is locked or on inactivity.

Before the 1803 update it was possible to set a Slideshow album, Picture or Windows Spotlight and with WIN+L or on PC inactivity it would switch to the lockscreen and run the pictures with the system time, weather-apps, etc. in the lower left corner.

Since update 1803 the lockscreen slideshows ONLY trigger on first system boot. Afterwards, when the user uses WIN+L or waits for inactivity, the lockscreen displays only the first picture of Spotlight and no slideshow starts. The system time is not displayed anymore.
    Setting the lockscreen to Slideshow, the lockscreen will only show a blank screen and not start the slideshow and the system time is missing.
    User needs to select a picture from the slideshow album as Picture option first and switch back to Slideshow.
    Then, the lockscreen will only display this first picture and not start the slideshow.

Additionally, after boot up, when the user uses WIN+L, it may happen that the system time and slideshow are working. BUT ONLY randomly. I found no pattern if this works on 2nd, 4th or whatever screen lock attempt.
    Most certainly, the slideshow and spotlight are not working when the PC goes inactive.

Furthermore;

Before 1803, when waking the PC from lockscreen, the user did not need to enter his PW in case the lockscreen was triggered by inactivity. Only if the user used WIN+L the start the lockscreen.

After 1803, the PW is needed in both cases.

This really bother me Lockscreen Win-Spotlight & Slideshow are not triggering after update 1803 ;)
    I posted this in the feedback hub already with captured steps. https://aka.ms/AA1tewq

:)

EdgarVo, Jul 14, 2018
  2. cwmwown Win User

Lockscreen wallpaper (windows spotlight) on desktop

It is called windows spotlight.

In order to set them to your lockscreen go to where you change your wallpapers, select slideshow and choose windows spotlight.

There are ways to save the current wallpapers to use as your desktop and for other purposes. (as long as it is legal)

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-save-all-windows-spotlight-lockscreen-images

cwmwown, Jul 14, 2018
  3. John237 Win User
    Lockscreen will not show Windows spotlight pictures

Switching to a picture does nothing on the lockscreen, login screen does show the image. If I change to a slideshow it does show the images, then the login screen shows the image in the preview in settings. Switching back to Spotlight leaves me with
    a black lockscreen with the text again...really don't want a slideshow

John237, Jul 14, 2018
  4. pSynrg Win User

Lockscreen wallpaper (windows spotlight) on desktop

Considering the question actually mentions 'Windows Spotlight' this is hardly going to move things forward.

pSynrg, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Lockscreen Win-Spotlight & Slideshow are not triggering after update 1803 - Similar Threads - Lockscreen Spotlight Slideshow

2. lockscreen slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lockscreen slideshow: Im new to microsoft and i have a question about my lockscreen slideshow. ive recently created an album from my google account and then downloaded it to microsoft to use as my slideshow. its perfecty except the fact that now i have a bunch more pictures i would like to add to...
  3. lockscreen slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lockscreen slideshow: Im new to microsoft and i have a question about my lockscreen slideshow. ive recently created an album from my google account and then downloaded it to microsoft to use as my slideshow. its perfecty except the fact that now i have a bunch more pictures i would like to add to...
  4. lockscreen slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lockscreen slideshow

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lockscreen slideshow: How do I find the folder that my lockscreen slideshow displays on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen-slideshow/08824bef-e416-4e6c-a3a9-91c143ec2456
  6. Lockscreen slideshow is not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lockscreen slideshow is not working.: Here is my problem. My problem is that the Slideshow is not showing the three images shown in the folder to make a slideshow when in the Lockscreen. This is the result from my problem. submitted by /u/MangaIsekaiWeeb [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows Lockscreen Slideshow

Windows Lockscreen Slideshow: My Windows 10 lockscreen slideshow isn't working at all ! What to do to fix it ? It is not showing the hints,fun facts,and other settings that I applied. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-lockscreen-slideshow/1c29e1f8-a34f-4610-9fda-4bd6de4be2dc
  8. Lockscreen slideshow.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lockscreen slideshow.: Is there a way to skip to the previous picture in the lockscreen slideshow? If not, what is a good program to use for slideshows? This program must be easy to launch, ideally from the the desktop without the need to select which folder to display everytime it is...
  9. Windows 10 LockScreen (IOT) slideshow - Spotlight

Windows 10 LockScreen (IOT) slideshow - Spotlight: Hi Community. I need help with LockScreen slideshow. I want to know if there is a way to change the following via registry (REG KEYS)for windows 10 (iot) LockScreen (windows-L shortcut) 1) I need to know if there is a way to stop/disable shuffle. I want to create a...
  10. Lockscreen Slideshow

Lockscreen Slideshow: Lock screen slideshow won't work ! 15369

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows spotlight not working 1803

2. lockscreen slideshow build 1803

3. windows spotlight not changing lockscreen 1803