Windows 10: Lockup - but Not lockup!?

Discus and support Lockup - but Not lockup!? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Having a very strange problem since the last update ... Every so often, but quite randomly my screen completely locks up - Now ... if I turn my TV... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Spyda665, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Spyda665 Win User

Lockup - but Not lockup!?

Having a very strange problem since the last update ... Every so often, but quite randomly my screen completely locks up - Now ... if I turn my TV screen on and off the lockup (90% of the time) fixes itself and I Can carry on doing what I was doing before it happened.

So far I've tried swapping around ram chips, different slots, one chip at a time to see if its a memory issue - I've disconnected my D drive to see if that's causing problems or not, I've done a scandisk which has fixed a few errors and corrupt files, and I've reinstalled graphics drivers. When I first tried to reinstall graphics drivers I received the BSOD and a critical corruption error. I have a friend who's big into computers, knows most things inside and out, and even he's at a bit of a loss here.

The TV I'm using is a LG 3D, which I only got maybe 2 months ago, so I'm pretty certain it's not that ... but if anyone can give me a few Idea's on testing things I'd be grateful cause this is driving me batty *Biggrin .... Thanks!

-----
    Was in a bit of a hurry earlier, missed a few pieces of information out that may help.

When the screen locks up, If i hit windows key then turn the TV off/On, the windows bar will be open, looking like the PC is still working and has not 100% locked up.

Since I've put the full ram and other HDD back in the problem is once again occurring more often - Yet still completely randomly (I logged in here to type this extra information and had a full lockup and had to reset the PC)

I can play games without issues, and can watch hours of netflix, or DVD's without issues, the problem seems to happen more frequently when i'm doing nothing .. like 5 seconds ago typing this, or when the pc's sitting "somewhat idle" with no programs open, sitting at desktop, or typing a word document - Pretty much when the graphics aren't in heavy usage.

Update: I've switched out C: drives, new installation of windows on a brand new SSD - I've ran PC checker on 99% of my hardware and everything's came back working with no faults. Checked cables, new HDMI cable, Switched and tested RAM in different slots separate and together - Problem still exists - Just locking up sometimes turning the TV on an doff fixes it, sometimes have to hard reboot - Would appreciate some advice if anyone has any.

:)

Spyda665, Mar 14, 2016
  2. WilliamH1 Win User

Windows 10 Locked up on a computer that's been used for two weeks.

Lockup number 3

WilliamH1, Mar 14, 2016
  3. Biff27 Win User
    Ovi Suite Crashes When Connecting Phone: How to reset?

Note: The exact timing of the lockup happens after the phone is recognized by the Ovi and all the boxes say sync. You can even start a sync, but it will eventually lock up. For example, a partial backup was written before the lockup.

Biff27, Mar 14, 2016
Thema:

Lockup - but Not lockup!?

1. Lockup - but Not lockup!? - Similar Threads - Lockup lockup

2. My computer is disabled and lockup , I need to contact the help support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is disabled and lockup , I need to contact the help support: My computer is locked up and disabled due to trojan spyware, kindly help to contact the support and help the next steps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-disabled-and-lockup-i-need-to/715b3216-f6bc-4824-9c97-1fe147f4d8f9
  3. My computer is disabled and lockup , I need to contact the help support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is disabled and lockup , I need to contact the help support: My computer is locked up and disabled due to trojan spyware, kindly help to contact the support and help the next steps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-disabled-and-lockup-i-need-to/715b3216-f6bc-4824-9c97-1fe147f4d8f9
  4. lockup screen after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lockup screen after 1 minute: I have installed a new lenovo t16 laptop with windows 11 prothe lockup is still after 1 minute. I tried all settings for power/batteries/lockup/ screensaver to 30 min and still no resultalso the screensaver that has been specified does not come up - just black screenii is...
  5. lockup screen after 1 minute

lockup screen after 1 minute: I have installed a new lenovo t16 laptop with windows 11 prothe lockup is still after 1 minute. I tried all settings for power/batteries/lockup/ screensaver to 30 min and still no resultalso the screensaver that has been specified does not come up - just black screenii is...
  6. Win 11 lockup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 lockup: after Win 11 update22H2, mouse and keyboard become unresponsive and need to be hard booted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-lockup/5d7fc645-b55c-4ba9-a328-4967d018af74
  7. Win 11 lockup

Win 11 lockup: after Win 11 update22H2, mouse and keyboard become unresponsive and need to be hard booted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-lockup/5d7fc645-b55c-4ba9-a328-4967d018af74
  8. Encountering lockup of 2016 STD server for approx 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encountering lockup of 2016 STD server for approx 10 minutes: An incident occurred in which 2 servers became unresponsive for approximately 12 minutes. Looking in Event Viewer the Security Audit which normally generates multiple lines per minute is empty during this time as is the System log. Application also shows no activity during...
  9. Encountering lockup of 2016 STD server for approx 10 minutes

Encountering lockup of 2016 STD server for approx 10 minutes: An incident occurred in which 2 servers became unresponsive for approximately 12 minutes. Looking in Event Viewer the Security Audit which normally generates multiple lines per minute is empty during this time as is the System log. Application also shows no activity during...
  10. Encountering lockup of 2016 STD server for approx 10 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging