Windows 10: log-in annoyance

Discus and support log-in annoyance in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; After the Creators Update,the password is deemed to be "incorrect".Following a restart,the same password is accepted and all is normal. I have tried... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by joeandmarg0, Jul 23, 2017.

1. log-in annoyance

After the Creators Update,the password is deemed to be "incorrect".Following a restart,the same password is accepted and all is normal.
    I have tried ----dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and sfc /scannow and both returned clear report.Next thing was Credential manager,right clicked and restart.
    No change.
    All I can think of now is either put up with the annoyance or the dreaded Clean install.
    If anyone has a suitable fix for this,it would be gratefully received.
    The prospect of doing yet another clean install is off putting.
    Joe

:)

joeandmarg0, Jul 23, 2017

2. Unable to change keyboard layout for second user account in Windows 10

Sometime in October, the US Dvorak keyboard started working. I have found that sometimes it defaults back to US Qwerty when I log in, but that's just an annoyance.

NaomiCollier, Jul 23, 2017
  3. Windows 10 sticking on startup

when I switch on my computer it will often stick on the startup picture screen and I cannot log on so I have hold down the on button on the computer I may have to do this a few times before it decides to go through to log in this is an annoyance more
    than a disaster has anybody a solution to this?

GrahamWhibley, Jul 23, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

log-in annoyance

Open All Settings...click on Accounts....you have choices....you could create a Pin....go back and recreate your Password.

dencal, Jul 23, 2017
  5. Thanks dencal,but that doesn't fix the problem of why a restart is the only way the password is accepted.It is only the initial log-in which rejects it.If I cancel the log-in requirement through User account,needless to say there is no problem,which is the same as removing the front door because a lock doesn't work,everyone has access.
    I've only had the Creators Up-date for a few days,so some fix might appear-----ever hopeful.

joeandmarg0, Jul 24, 2017
  6. The cause was the CU resetting Fast Startup to operate.Not long after the installation of Win10,I had unchecked Fast Startup and very infrequently had a look to see if it had changed.It is now unchecked once again and so far all is normal

joeandmarg0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

log-in annoyance

1. log-in annoyance - Similar Threads - log annoyance

2. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  3. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  4. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang

Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang: I have ask this before but I can't find the thread. Anyway. Recently my computer been freezing at the log on screen every time I boot it up. This also happens with restarts. THe computer reaches the log on screen, the loading/thinking icon shows and the computer become...
  6. Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang: I have ask this before but I can't find the thread. Anyway. Recently my computer been freezing at the log on screen every time I boot it up. This also happens with restarts. THe computer reaches the log on screen, the loading/thinking icon shows and the computer become...
  7. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...: Was wondering anyone knew how to get rid of this pop-up and or narrow down how to stop this from happening?Was unable to get image to post here but reads:----------------------------------------------------------------Delete File Pop-up WindowAre you sure you want to move...
  8. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...: Was wondering anyone knew how to get rid of this pop-up and or narrow down how to stop this from happening?Was unable to get image to post here but reads:----------------------------------------------------------------Delete File Pop-up WindowAre you sure you want to move...
  9. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Log-In Screen Dim - Hope someone can help with a small annoyance with the lock and log-in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Log-In Screen Dim - Hope someone can help with a small annoyance with the lock and log-in...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/esmasp2ev [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jkyx3l/login_screen_dim_hope_someone_can_help_with_a/