Windows 10: log in ignoring pin/password

Discus and support log in ignoring pin/password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have a minor log in problem after coming out of a sleep, I normally use a pin to log in but recently when I enter a pin it will say I have miss... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by razy60, Sep 25, 2015.

1. razy60 Win User

Hi, I have a minor log in problem after coming out of a sleep, I normally use a pin to log in but recently when I enter a pin it will say I have miss input the keys then after a few attempts it will give me the option to input a password this then does the same, If I then turn my surface pro off (this normally takes 2 or 3 attempts as it pushes me back to a log in screen) when I restart it logs in no problem. This only started yesterday and seems to be when it has been asleep for a few hours, I don't have things like hibernate or hybrid sleep active.

any suggestions welcome.

Raz

:)

razy60, Sep 25, 2015
  2. Mark--- Win User

Loses PIN login and defaults back to password.

I have the same issue. Going fine for a week or two, then suddenly all five of us with a login only has the option for a password. The pin option is gone. Sometimes rebooting the computer gives us the option to begin choose between password and pin
    again, but sometimes not. If I ignore the problem and just continue to use the password, at some point we are just presented with the option to log in with the password or pin again. Log in with the pin and it sticks for a week or two--we are free to log
    in with the pin, but then soon enough we're back to the same problem again with a only password accepted. One thing is consistent: either all five of us with accounts on the computer can use our pins or all five us cannot, never a mixed case. HP Envy all-in-one
    computer was newly purchased this year with Windows 10 Home already installed.

Mark---, Sep 25, 2015
  3. Windows Hello and Windows 10 Build 16299 do not work together

Two log ins are required to open account. Password twice, or PIN twice, Or Hello and password or PIN. Or Password and PIN, or PIN and Password.

EdFriedman, Sep 25, 2015
  4. donetao Win User

donetao, Sep 26, 2015
  5. razy60 Win User
    Cheers for the reply no changes made it just started out of the blue, as for restoring may give that a go if all else fails.

razy60, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. log in ignoring pin/password - Similar Threads - log ignoring pin

2. Password log on gone - PIN issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password log on gone - PIN issue: Until yesterday, I logged on with a password.Today I am locked out. Pc asks for pin, which I know and enter. I then get the message that credentials aren’t recognised. I was asked to reset pin but the whole process fails eventually, after doing security checks, logging in in...
  3. LOG on with ID and Password instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LOG on with ID and Password instead of PIN: I have a pin to sign on to my computer. How do I get a user ID and password, so I can use logmein? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-on-with-id-and-password-instead-of-pin/8613324a-2e22-4bb1-b4e9-6b5d1d1b5281
  4. LOG on with ID and Password instead of PIN

LOG on with ID and Password instead of PIN: I have a pin to sign on to my computer. How do I get a user ID and password, so I can use logmein? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-on-with-id-and-password-instead-of-pin/8613324a-2e22-4bb1-b4e9-6b5d1d1b5281
  5. LOG on with ID and Password instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Change from PIN to password to log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change from PIN to password to log in: Forgive me if this has already been asked. I recently fell for the "sign in with a PIN" to log in to Windows. I now feel that this has WEAKENED my security by allowing a 1 in 9999 chance of accessing my system, whereas my previous 20+ character alpha-numeric and Case...
  7. Change from PIN to password to log in

Change from PIN to password to log in: Forgive me if this has already been asked. I recently fell for the "sign in with a PIN" to log in to Windows. I now feel that this has WEAKENED my security by allowing a 1 in 9999 chance of accessing my system, whereas my previous 20+ character alpha-numeric and Case...
  8. Password and Pin log-in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password and Pin log-in: HelloI am using a laptop right now because I can't access my computer. It has locked me out. My pin that I've use since I first bought this machine 2018 hasn't changed. Last night I was using my machine, and also this morning. I did how ever go into msconfig to disable some...
  9. Cant log in with password OR PIN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant log in with password OR PIN: After having overheating issues with my computer, The PIN feature no longer works and the password doesnt work either. Please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-with-password-or-pin/f21ecd2f-5a6b-4309-bc57-f04b579e2e10
  10. Pin, Password Required to log on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin, Password Required to log on: I have the requirement for password or pin disabled but everytime I log in I have to put in one or the other. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I have been unable to find anyone who has addressed this issue online....