Windows 10: Log-in Password for laptop

Discus and support Log-in Password for laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I change my log-in password for my laptop? I am using Win10 and have a Lenovo laptop. When I try to log-in it tells me I am using the wrong... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Z06Berlin, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Z06Berlin Win User

Log-in Password for laptop

How do I change my log-in password for my laptop? I am using Win10 and have a Lenovo laptop. When I try to log-in it tells me I am using the wrong password and to go to manage.account.com but once there where do I go to make change? Thanks for your help. Jim

:)

Z06Berlin, Sep 3, 2018

2. Can't change password to log in windows or add pin

Hello Mathieu,

The issue you are experiencing may have something to do with your profile or with the Windows components of your device. That being said, we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. To start, we suggest that you
    change your password via https://account.microsoft.com/. Here's how:

Once done, log in your account to your device using the new password. Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Z06Berlin Win User

How do I change my log-in password for my laptop? I am using Win10 and have a Lenovo laptop. When I try to log-in it tells me I am using the wrong password and to go to manage.account.com but once there where do I go to make change? Thanks for your
    help. Jim

Z06Berlin, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Oriana.G Win User

unable to deactivate Windows log-on password

Hi HearaldPenkert,

I suggest trying with this steps:

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
    • Enter sign, and then tap or click Change sign-in options.
    • Choose the sign-in option you'd like to use, and then follow the instructions.

If you're using a local account with a password, you can delete the password to sign in without one. Try this steps:

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
    • Enter sign, and then tap or click Sign-in options.
    • Under Password, tap or click Change.
    • Verify the current password for your local account.
    • Leave the New password, Reenter password, and Password hint fields blank, tap or click Next, and then tap or click Finish.
    I hope it will solve your issue.

Bye

Oriana.G, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Log-in Password for laptop - Similar Threads - Log Password laptop

2. Can't log in to old laptop, forgot password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in to old laptop, forgot password: I have a laptop that I forgot my password to login. I can't reset windows because it requires the same lost password perform the action. I have everything backed up so deleting everything isn't an issue....
  3. Unable to log in to laptop as password no longer accepted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log in to laptop as password no longer accepted.: HP Laptop Serial No 5CG9418V45User: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Password: links2020Unable to log in to the above laptop as pin/password is no longer available. The above user and password worked up until February 2023 but no longer does. I cannot access...
  4. Unable to log in to laptop as password no longer accepted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log in to laptop as password no longer accepted.: HP Laptop Serial No 5CG9418V45User: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Password: links2020Unable to log in to the above laptop as pin/password is no longer available. The above user and password worked up until February 2023 but no longer does. I cannot access...
  5. Unable to log in to laptop as password no longer accepted.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Log-in password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log-in password: Windows 10 won’t let me sign in to my pc. Used the same password some hour ago but is not working now.It also says that the pin log-in is not available.Tried to reboot the system but asks for the password, which again, says is incorrect and I know is notAnyone has experienced...
  7. Can’t log in to laptop, won’t accept password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t log in to laptop, won’t accept password: I have just run Windows 10 diagnostic on my laptop. I can now not login to my laptop at all. I cannot open it in safe mode, I just keep going round in circles, being asked for a password that it tells me is wrong. I have a PIN to login. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank...
  8. Password Log-In

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password Log-In: How do I set up my pc so that I don't need a password, No Log-In? When I turn on my PC I want it to turn all the way on. Without a Log In screen, etc. I have one pc that does it. But it was given to me. And I can't get a hold of the previous owner. submitted by...
  9. Unable to log into laptop with Windows password or Pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to log into laptop with Windows password or Pin: I came back from leave on wednesday just and tried to log into my laptop, i know the pin and password, but its not allowing me use either of them, i tried to change my password via my laptop for outlook, but this did not work, as its the same profile picture etc - i cannot...
  10. Logging with Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging with Password: Hello there, I write for my wife ( Dell laptop and OS W 10 ) We cannot enter her password, there is no curser, just the arrow. Regards, Thomas 74138