Windows 10: Log-in problem

Discus and support Log-in problem in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am having difficulties with logging-in. It began with no longer being able to use my PIN code, but having to use my password instead. I went to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by clayto, Feb 7, 2017.

1. clayto Win User

Log-in problem

I am having difficulties with logging-in. It began with no longer being able to use my PIN code, but having to use my password instead. I went to Settings, intending to refresh my PIN code but found that the sign-in options page will not open. Then I found that I could not sign-in to the computer itself, even with my password, because Windows gets stuck in the sign-in page, which freezes. The box to enter the password did not appear.

My hybrid PC is dual boot, the Android OS launches OK so I could use that for browsing, emailing until the Windows problem was cleared up. However, surprisingly the link to switch from Android to Windows also worked, and Windows can be launched in the usual way via Android, with the password although the PIN code method is still not available --- all rather inconvenient but workable for a while.

The sign-in options page still will not open, so there are now two things to be fixed: (1) the sign-in options and PIN in Settings (2) signing in directly from Windows rather than indirectly via Android.

I have employed sfc / scannow and DISM without success.

:)

clayto, Feb 7, 2017

2. Log in problem. Is log in nessessary

Hello Barry,

We realize the inconvenience you have experienced.

• What is the exact challenge you're facing while setting up login without password?
    • Do you have any issues in downloading and using Adobe Acrobat reader?

I can see restarting your computer will accept the password. I guess the problem might be due to incorrect characters entered into the password field. This happens when the input keyboard language changes to some other. Suggest you to login using On-Screen
    Keyboard at login screen and see if it helps. To do so,

* Press Windows + U and select the
    On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access list. or click on
    Ease of Access at bottom right and select On-Screen Keyboard
    from the list.

* Then use you cursor to type the password with
    On-Screen Keyboard.

* Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol
    (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

Let us know how it went.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Feb 7, 2017
  3. Log in problem. Is log in nessessary

Microsoft Community forum’

To whom it may concern. For many months your company has urged me to change from my Windows 7 ultimate to Windows 10. I resisted changing until any “Bugs” may have been eradicated, and then after I had been connected to the NBN internet connection
    for extra speed in downloading Windows 10. I commenced my download at 11.30 pm one evening, and by 9.30 am the following day my download was completed. Beauty! I thought. But wait, now I have to log in with my Gmail password. The password was rejected, so
    I log on to Gmail using my normal password, and I am accepted immediately. Go back to Windoze 10 and try again. Same story, password rejected, “Go to WWW. Something for help”
    How can I if I can’t log in?

Ok, try manually turning off my pc, a definite no, no. switch it back on, and try my password, and it works. So for a week I have been doing that. I have tried the suggested methods of removing the need for password log on without success, I must go
    to “The administrator” to change, (Not remove) the password. That too has been unsuccessful. Moving right along, now whenever I edit/make changes to photographs the changes can’t be done, as I am “not authorised” How many more little less obvious changes have
    been made that will cause me concern? Adobe Acrobat reader was another function that had been taken over by Windows 10. Should I have stayed with my old earlier version
    that didn’t come with unnecessary “Bells and Whistles”

barrypbroboy, Feb 7, 2017
  4. Log-in problem

Hi Clayto

Could you clarify what you mean when you said you employed SFC and DSIM without success? Could you start them or they just didn't find anything?

When you are in Windows next could you check your Update history. Looking for failed or failing updates just to be sure there are none.

Have you logged into your Microsoft account directly microsoft.com/account to ensure it is functioning as expected.

Have you tried a system restore? I will be first to say I don't understand the interaction between your Android partition and your Window partition, so before you try system restore you need to understand. Don't want to cause more issue?

Caledon Ken, Feb 8, 2017
  5. clayto Win User
    Thanks for your speedy reply. sfc/scannow reports that there is 'no file corruption'. DISM 1 reports that 'the image can be repaired' 2. says it is not relevant 3. says the 'source file cannot be found' --- an issue which has appeared before.

Update history says up-to-date. MS account is OK (PIN option does not apply). Sign-in options still cannot be opened -- why is there a statement that 'some settings are managed by your organisation' when I do not have 'an organisation'.

I may have one Restore Point which goes back far enough. I have not tried it yet because it will remove a number of apps which I have spent many hours configuring so I am hoping for some other repair option. But I have used Restore once without affecting the Android OS.

clayto, Feb 8, 2017
  6. Being a tablet do you know if Fast Start up is enabled. If enabled I would disable. Might just be easier to disable hibernation.

Not sure how many restore points your can save but I would create one.

Again in a tablet I'm not sure this is applicable.

Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

Caledon Ken, Feb 8, 2017
  7. clayto Win User
    FastStart and Hibernation are not enabled. I have two RestorePoints, one from after and one (I think) from before the log-in problem appeared.

clayto, Feb 9, 2017
  8. Log-in problem

Well I think then I would head back and see why DISM reported anything. I know you wrote message about not relevant but something is not right.

This tutorial may help. Option 1 point 6.

Now your environment, Android and Windows, may need to be researched before executing. I assume you put Android on device and could do so again if required.

Do you have any "Fast Boot" type settings in BIOS?

Caledon Ken, Feb 9, 2017
  9. clayto Win User
    There is no link to the tutorial?

My Cube iWork 10.1 Ultimate is promoted and supplied as dual boot, Windows and Android (as are some other similar Chinese hybrid PC / tablet PCs.)

I will try to check out Fast Boot and DISM further. DISM has been troublesome for some time and I have not found how to repair it.

clayto, Feb 9, 2017
  10. Caledon Ken, Feb 9, 2017
  11. clayto Win User
    Thanks for the link, I will take a look.
    Regarding the mistake over my PC model, that was my fault. I should have updated the specs on this site and will try to do it now. I replaced the Quantum View with the Cube iWork several months ago.

clayto, Feb 9, 2017
  12. mrgeek Win User
    "why is there a statement that 'some settings are managed by your organisation' when I do not have 'an organisation'"

Go to Action Center/All settings/Privacy\Feedback & diagnostics. If 'Diagnostics and usage data' is set to "Basic".
    Change it to "Enhanced" or "Full (Recommended)"

mrgeek, Feb 9, 2017
  13. clayto Win User

Log-in problem

Hello

It is grey and stuck on Basic, I cannot change it. I have clicked everything and read the MS explanation. It does not help.

clayto, Feb 10, 2017
  14. mrgeek Win User
    mrgeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Log-in problem

1. Log-in problem - Similar Threads - Log problem

2. The problem with logging into the OS when using #$@

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The problem with logging into the OS when using #$@: Hi! I recently ran into a problem when setting a password with #@$ characters and trying to login after logout. The password was set correctly, but it returned an error when trying to log in to the user. Passwords that cause problems: 49efvH$TGB$#R3535u46jhI changed the...
  3. The problem with logging into the OS when using #$@

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The problem with logging into the OS when using #$@: Hi! I recently ran into a problem when setting a password with #@$ characters and trying to login after logout. The password was set correctly, but it returned an error when trying to log in to the user. Passwords that cause problems: 49efvH$TGB$#R3535u46jhI changed the...
  4. Offline scan done, event log shows a problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Offline scan done, event log shows a problem?: Microsoft Defender Antivirus downloaded and configured Microsoft Defender Antivirus offline scan to run on the next reboot.---------------------------------------------------------------Microsoft Defender Antivirus Configuration has changed. If this is an unexpected event you...
  5. Offline scan done, event log shows a problem?

Offline scan done, event log shows a problem?: Microsoft Defender Antivirus downloaded and configured Microsoft Defender Antivirus offline scan to run on the next reboot.---------------------------------------------------------------Microsoft Defender Antivirus Configuration has changed. If this is an unexpected event you...
  6. Hello, can you help me to recognize this critical problem as error log describe? Thank you!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, can you help me to recognize this critical problem as error log describe? Thank you!: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WinREAgent" Guid="{1f7a6c55-5532-573b-35b7-2107e43a6ef5}" /> <EventID>4502</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>0</Task>...
  7. Hello, can you help me to recognize this critical problem as error log describe? Thank you!

Hello, can you help me to recognize this critical problem as error log describe? Thank you!: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WinREAgent" Guid="{1f7a6c55-5532-573b-35b7-2107e43a6ef5}" /> <EventID>4502</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>0</Task>...
  8. What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games....: What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games. It has been a long while? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-status-of-fixing-the-problems-logging/9f6fef8b-a7ef-437e-ba88-474f4a8350f5
  9. What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games....

What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games....: What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games. It has been a long while? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-status-of-fixing-the-problems-logging/9f6fef8b-a7ef-437e-ba88-474f4a8350f5
  10. How can I resolve the “We encountered a problem. [1001]” error when logging into Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I resolve the “We encountered a problem. [1001]” error when logging into Microsoft...: After starting my PC as usual, I realize that my 365 applications as well as the EDGE browser display an error at the level of the login account saying that it is not possible to access my account and invites me to log in to resolve the problem. Once I attempt to log in, the...