Windows 10: Log-in screen general buggyness

Discus and support Log-in screen general buggyness in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I restart my computer the first thing that shows up when I reach the log-in screen is "your username or password is incorrect" or something along... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Liammail7, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Liammail7 Win User

Log-in screen general buggyness

When I restart my computer the first thing that shows up when I reach the log-in screen is "your username or password is incorrect" or something along those lines...

Before I've even touched the keyboard...

Furthermore, there are two "users" visible in the bottom left of the screen, my email associated with the Microsoft account and then my full name, as another user. When I try and log-in with the one that uses my name, it never allows me in. But the email "user" is able to be consistently logged into every time.

Where did that other account come from and how can I get rid of it? Also the first issue which I believe to be somehow linked...

:)

Liammail7, Aug 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 displaying "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE" error after resetting my PC.

Hi guys,

I have upgraded to the full version of Windows 10 since the release, and i was using the technical preview for a while before that.

anyways, i was having issues with general buggyness on my PC, and i decided I would just reset my PC and go with a clean install of windows 10, because it would be nice to have a fresh new start.

so my PC reset like what seemed to be normal, and it had to restart to finish things up. when it did, it blue screened out and gave me an error that stated "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE" and restarted again. It will now get stuck on an infinite loop of showing
    the windows logo and the little loading circle thing, and then bluescreening out and restarting again to only turn back on and do the exact same thing.

Can anyone help? please!

christianrush, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 fails update ( Error C1900101-30018 )

Same problem here. This is a laptop, so no chance of removing any devices. People are always **** about buggyness in Linux, but I have to say Windows is not much better except that you can't look under the hood. You're dead in the water. Disappointed.

GiselaPiro, Aug 2, 2015
  4. joelshort Win User

This exact bug happened to me too. I think it showed up either after I joined my local HomeGroup, or after I renamed the computer. Here's what fixed it for me:
    In the search field type netplwiz
    Either tick or untick the "Users must enter a username and password..." (basically change the option from whatever it is currently set at)
    Click Apply (you may need to enter the account password)
    Restart

joelshort, Aug 4, 2015
  5. snickerzz Win User
Thema:

1. Log-in screen general buggyness - Similar Threads - Log screen general

2. Log in screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log in screen: Hi everyone,I have a problem with logging in my laptop. Usually, I log in there by password, but after my laptop update new version automatically, it requires pin number to log in. The problem is that I forgot my pin number, and username I used to log in was my old phone...
  3. Log in screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Log in screen: How do i change my loginscreen. I get the picture with USER underneath, how do I change user to another name. I have been through all the settings I can find, I have tried clicking on but cannot select it to change Thank you...
  4. General screen display issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    General screen display issue: I have an ASUS laptop, nvidia with Windows 10. Last night, all of the sudden something changed about my screen. I may have hit a keyboard shortcut around the bottom left area but I'm not sure. It's difficult to describe precisely what the issue is, so I'll give an example to...
  5. log in screen

log in screen: im trying to figure out how to change the name on the log in screen when you first start your computer. it still says new user even though I changed my name in my profile settings already....
  6. log on screen?

log on screen?: I don't know where to post this ...in fact, since upgrading to Win 10 pro several months ago, I don't even know what to call what I'm seeing. When I turn on my computer in the morning, I see a screen displayed for a minute or so before the desktop and Windows operating...
  7. Log in screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log in screen: After having to get a Microsoft account to get an app, I now have a login screen when computer is turned on. Why does MS cause this to happen to my computer? I don't want or need this to.happen. it is not their computer. Leave mine alone. Sorry, needed to let off some steam...
  8. Log in screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log in screen: After the most recent windows 10 upgrade, I now have 2 lock screens to log in on system start. When I sleep the system, it only has 1 when I wake it. But on first start up, I log in with my password, and then in a few seconds it presents me with a second log in screen...
  9. Red Screen Of Death and general system crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Red Screen Of Death and general system crashes: Hello lovely people, So I recently completed building my first computer to play Warhammer Total War, these are the specifications for the build: Case: CiT Vanquish Gaming Toolless Case with USB3 Port, Side Window, Card Reader and 2 x 12CM Green Led Fans Power Supply:...
  10. No log in screen

in Windows 10 Support
    No log in screen: Running a Dell all in on 27" with windows 10 pro. Intel i7 The machine turns on but the login screen does not appear. Tried rebooting, tried shutting down 3 x's to get to safe mode, nothing works. Help please, Also my local repair shop has never heard of the issue. 79478