Windows 10: Log in screen sleeps into blank screensaver since update...?

Discus and support Log in screen sleeps into blank screensaver since update...? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My login screen for Win10 sleeps into a screensaver blank screen since a major update a few days ago. How can I adjust settings for that? 98694 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bansaw, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Bansaw Win User

My login screen for Win10 sleeps into a screensaver blank screen since a major update a few days ago.
    How can I adjust settings for that?

:)

Bansaw, Nov 21, 2017
  2. TKAWLE Win User

Windows 10 asks for password after screen turn-off timeout.

Yes, this does the trick. I was concerned about prior Windows' behavior not allowing a shorter timespan for screensaver verses screen sleep modes. It works fine.

I have my Screen set to sleep at 10 minutes and my blank screensaver set to activate at 20 minutes, and requiring Lock Screen (doesn't say password, but it does!!) so the password is required after the screensaver timeout, and not after the sleep timeout!

TKAWLE, Nov 21, 2017
  3. windows 10 after update issue

Since the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, the computer resumes to a blank screen after being idle and going to screensaver. It wakes just fine from the sleep mode. Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem?

Thank you!

JohnnieAinsworth, Nov 21, 2017
  4. Log in screen sleeps into blank screensaver since update...?

Hi Bansaw.

Did you try resetting and the black continued?

The tutorial

Change Screen Saver Settings in Windows 10

I will note there have been several threads abot lock screen not being what people set or the password entry screen being wrong.

Try the tutorial. If it persists I can point you to a thread with a registry change. I'm not a big fan of registry hacks and would wait for MS to fix. That said I would use feedback hub app to report issue.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Log in screen sleeps into blank screensaver since update...? - Similar Threads - Log screen sleeps

2. Blank screen after log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen after log in: I'm currently running Windows 11 insider preview build 22621 but after failed to upgrade to build 22621.160, i'm restart my laptop. After log in back, it just show a blank screen with a cursorSo how can I fix it...
  3. Blank screen after log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen after log in: I'm currently running Windows 11 insider preview build 22621 but after failed to upgrade to build 22621.160, i'm restart my laptop. After log in back, it just show a blank screen with a cursorSo how can I fix it...
  4. No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004: I updated my PC to Version 2004 and since then, even though I have a screensaver set to come on after 10 minutes, nothing happens. I tried sleep yesterday as an option. It worked once, but never again. I looked at the update and can see no uninstall of it. Is there a...
  5. Screensaver not starting since update to Windows 2004

Screensaver not starting since update to Windows 2004: After updating Windows to 2004, the screensaver no longer comes on after the time I've set. Have tried both changing the number of minutes that should pass before it starts as well as tried different screensavers but to no avail. This is in fact a very old and common...
  6. Black screen aftr logged on since windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen aftr logged on since windows update: Since the last windows update, installed yesterday, I find myself unable to use my pc becaause when i log on the screen is completely black and i cannot acces anything even the control panel....
  7. blank screen after sleep

blank screen after sleep: After waking the computer from sleep it comes a black screen and the computer seems to be working but i am not able to see anything on it. After few moments it automatically restarts. It also happens when i hibernate the laptop. laptop: Acer predator 15 g9 593 71 EH OS:...
  8. Sleep mode awakening with blank screen

Sleep mode awakening with blank screen: After updating my Windows 10 to 1809, if I leave for a few minutes it goes into sleep mode and on awakening the CPU restarts with blank screen. I have to restart to have a display. I reversed to earlier version 1803 and it works fine. Any solution to update to 1809? Please...
  9. Screen goes blank when away when screensaver and sleep not turned on

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes blank when away when screensaver and sleep not turned on: I have had this computer for about seven months now. A Dell inspiron 17 5000. Now this has happened to me three times, once months ago and then it didn't happen until twice this little. The first time I was away for I think 30 minutes. Came back and how to push the start...
  10. Blank screen with cursor after log in

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen with cursor after log in: Hi, first of all I am not tech savvy and I really need help. I am using an ASUS X553S and windows 10. 2 days ago my laptop automatically updated early in the morning when I woke up I can only see a blue screen saying "making sure your apps are ready to go. Do not turn off...