Windows 10: log on after fresh install with lack of Internet

Discus and support log on after fresh install with lack of Internet in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi have been using windows 10 64bit with an upgraded version ( via the free upgrade) My PC has become slower and slower so I decided the time had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jen0dorf, Nov 6, 2016.

1. jen0dorf Win User

log on after fresh install with lack of Internet

Hi

have been using windows 10 64bit with an upgraded version ( via the free upgrade) My PC has become slower and slower so I decided the time had come for a fresh install.

So I formated the drive and inserted a USB stick with v10pro and installed the 64 bit version.

It installed perfectly apart from the fact that I am unable to log in I suspect because I do not have internet access.

My wireless USB stick requires drivers which I am unable to install because I can;t log into the PC

I do have access to another PC so I could use the reset password option but I'm assuming it wouldn't help because I can't log on due to lack of internet?

I'm taking the web at it's word that the installation will automatically be activated once I log onto my MS account.

Would greatly appreciate any help

thanks

Ian

:)

jen0dorf, Nov 6, 2016

2. Windows 10 Update now keyboard or mouse doesn't works

Last evening Windows 10 did their latest update. Now after rebooting after the update my mouse and keyboard do not work. I have tried all USB slots still the same lack of response. This motherboard does not have a ps2 port so that isn't an option. And I
    don't see a "fresh install" as an option either. It all was working fine before the update. Now I can't even log in to do a repair etc. I have a Microsoft keyboard and mouse nothing special just USB. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Orion

OrionMarra, Nov 6, 2016
  3. TheJosh89 Win User
    Help, I'm locked out in safe mode.

Stuck in safe mode boot.

Can't change password to log in because of lack of Internet access.

Now what?

TheJosh89, Nov 6, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

I always start a clean install with a local account instead of a Microsoft Account. A clean install can be performed and completed with no internet access. You will have to do the clean install again and when it asked you for a user account click on the options for "I don't have an email address" or "skip this step" or "do this later" or whatever options allow you to move past the account creation screens. Eventually you will end up at a screen that asks for a Username, Password, Confirm Password, and password hint that you cannot move past. At that screen, enter a simple name for your local user account. I just use my first name, John. After you get the drivers for the USB network adapter installed and connect to the internet you can change your local user account login to a Microsoft Account login.

NavyLCDR, Nov 6, 2016
  5. jen0dorf Win User
    THanks a lot I'll give it a try

Ian

jen0dorf, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. log on after fresh install with lack of Internet - Similar Threads - log fresh install

2. Can’t log into Windows 10 without internet connection, lacking lan drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t log into Windows 10 without internet connection, lacking lan drivers: My motherboard recently died and needed to be replaced. When I booted it up for the first time after installing the new motherboard, it booted fine into Windows 10, but even though my ethernet was plugged in and working it did not register a connection. This was expected,...
  3. Can’t log into Windows 10 without internet connection, lacking lan drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t log into Windows 10 without internet connection, lacking lan drivers: My motherboard recently died and needed to be replaced. When I booted it up for the first time after installing the new motherboard, it booted fine into Windows 10, but even though my ethernet was plugged in and working it did not register a connection. This was expected,...
  4. After several fresh installs, I still can't log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After several fresh installs, I still can't log in.: So I have been struggling with my pc for DAYS, if not weeks at this point. I built it myself, so just "taking it to the store" is not really an option. My best guess after researching and troubleshooting for days is that there's an issue with my SSD?I can load into safe mode...
  5. After several fresh installs, I still can't log in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After several fresh installs, I still can't log in.: So I have been struggling with my pc for DAYS, if not weeks at this point. I built it myself, so just "taking it to the store" is not really an option. My best guess after researching and troubleshooting for days is that there's an issue with my SSD?I can load into safe mode...
  6. After several fresh installs, I still can't log in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Cannot connect to internet after fresh install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to internet after fresh install: I recently replaced the hard drive in my Dell XPS 13 9350. I then installed Windows from a USB stick. During the installation process, when prompted to connect to the internet, there was no option available to connect to WiFi. The only button on the screen was "continue...
  8. Fresh Install & No Internet.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh Install & No Internet.: Hey guys. My boyfriend helped me build my PC back in December 2018 and, me being as stupid as physically possible, didn't dowload ad blocker. Welp, around July 2019 I downoaded some malware and it made my computer pretty slow. So this week he came over and did a fresh install...
  9. Internet Connection Weak After Fresh Install of Windows 10

Internet Connection Weak After Fresh Install of Windows 10: I reinstalled Windows 10 because of low storage issuses and all that jazz. I did this on two of my laptops with bootable drives created from rufus and I got the ISO’s from the Windows program. The internet connection is weak everytime and I’ve tried everything with the...
  10. Slower internet speed after fresh install

Slower internet speed after fresh install: I fixed it. All I did was reset the network and uninstall the family control. Now I have 150 down and 10 up, and downloads are no longer a problem.