Windows 10: logged into a website, and click a link - get asked to relogin

Discus and support logged into a website, and click a link - get asked to relogin in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; since upgrading to win10 chrome/firefox/ie/edge all playing up i log into a forum website. and say click a link inside said website, (which... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by irishpaul70, Aug 31, 2015.

1. logged into a website, and click a link - get asked to relogin

since upgrading to win10

chrome/firefox/ie/edge all playing up

i log into a forum website.

and say click a link inside said website, (which should take me to a page belonging to same said website) - and it jumps back to log in page - ask me to re-log in and then it takes me to the intended page i wanted in 1st place.

This is happening to several generic website of popular choice.

I did all the purge cookies/reboot stuff. even did the search online to see if anyone else had reported it. No one in windows 10 yet.
    I even made sure my user account on the websites had same location/date/time as my laptop.

i will not do specific details - as to what websites or screenshots.

I think this is not a browser issue but something techie/other system setups.

advice appreciated.

Paul

:)

irishpaul70, Aug 31, 2015
  2. Paul 68B Win User

Internet Explorer 11 Click on a link and get a new, blank page. Or, same result when clicking on a PDF file link.

I know this is covered in different posts, but please try this (it worked for me!) before messing with IE settings, especially if you support a group.

Internet Explorer 11 on Win10 Pro Clean install, retail version, IE given FULL defaults in
    Program Defaults

Problems:

1. Click on a link get a blank page - wouldn't redirect (copy/paste link URL does work, as it did with Win7 IE 10)

2. Links to PDF files would open a blank page instead of the PDF

FORGET "allow meta-refresh."

FORGET "add site to trusted list."

FORGET pop-up blocker allow/disable

FORGET compatibility setting

FORGET all that. I tried all the suggested fixes to no avail.

This problem was documented going back to Win7 running IE 10, seems not much has changed.

SOLUTION:

Un-register ieproxy.dll, then re-register it.

In Win7 it's in {Program files/internet explorer}

In Win10 I found it in {Windows/system32}

If you don't already know, to invoke REGSVR32 you must open a command line as an administrator (run <cmd.exe> as an admin). Search forums/web if unsure how to do this.

You can copy/paste or type the following two lines of commands including the quotations, performing each in order by pressing <enter> after each:

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll"

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll"

I prefer Chrome for many things, but we have use IE at work due to vendor site compatibility, and since I'm the IT guy I gotta make it work.

Paul 68B, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Kevin J S Win User
    How to find a RSS link in a news website and make it connected to Microsoft News App

Tutohar -

Thank you for posting.

I looked in the app and it doesn't look like adding RSS feeds is a supported feature at this time. There may be another app that has that feature. As far as where to find the RSS feed link, you would need to check with the new providers themselves to get
    that information.

One thing I can recommend would be to leave a suggestion on our UserVoice, to see about getting Nepal added as a supported country in the News app.

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com

Regards,

Kevin J S, Aug 31, 2015
  4. logged into a website, and click a link - get asked to relogin

got to be a techie out there to help! i am about 85% tech head - but this needs a 100% TH
    advice always welcome

irishpaul70, Aug 31, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    That is strange ! Any other types of problems browsing besides this issue. How many of these website do this, all have something in common to each other, since won't tell ?

jds63, Aug 31, 2015
  6. I am trying to find out what is in common - both are user login based forum sites.

irishpaul70, Sep 1, 2015
  7. also on one of the websites - if i manually logout - i sometimes get this error

HASH Error! Please click here to try again.

maybe it is a read/write permission thing?

irishpaul70, Sep 1, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

logged into a website, and click a link - get asked to relogin

Maybe just be the website themselves, they might be using the same services. I use Lycos for one of my e-mail i can't seem get on lately with any browser. Hard to think it might have something to do with your network, unless your anti- virus or firewall maybe.

jds63, Sep 2, 2015
  9. had no prob with the sites before the windows 10 upgrade.

irishpaul70, Sep 3, 2015
  10. is anyone familiar with the location/date/time issue - want to find more info on it - u set them on ya laptop - and under a forum website set them there - if a mismatch - login issues.

irishpaul70, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

logged into a website, and click a link - get asked to relogin

1. logged into a website, and click a link - get asked to relogin - Similar Threads - logged website click

2. I getting hacked by only click on a link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I getting hacked by only click on a link: Hi greetingSomeone put a link at discord and I click on the link only, I get hacked !He played his own music on my PC and I don't know what more...This link is what I opened and hacked, be careful https://only-fans.uk/PrincessKitty How I can solve it ? I full scan with...
  3. I getting hacked by only click on a link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I getting hacked by only click on a link: Hi greetingSomeone put a link at discord and I click on the link only, I get hacked !He played his own music on my PC and I don't know what more...This link is what I opened and hacked, be careful https://only-fans.uk/PrincessKitty How I can solve it ? I full scan with...
  4. ReLogin app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ReLogin app?: Has anyone have an idea what is ReLogin app? I got an email from when I was asleep. here is the email:New apps have access to your dataReLogin connected to the Microsoft account mx***** Email address is removed for privacy *** you didn't grant this access, please remove the...
  5. ReLogin app?

ReLogin app?: Has anyone have an idea what is ReLogin app? I got an email from when I was asleep. here is the email:New apps have access to your dataReLogin connected to the Microsoft account mx***** Email address is removed for privacy *** you didn't grant this access, please remove the...
  6. Windows Subsystem for Android opening when clicking links to websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Android opening when clicking links to websites: Hi, I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and have been using the Android Subsystem feature. However, one of my installed apps keeps opening the Subsystem every time I click a link related to the app's website, despite the website loading normally after. I have disabled the...
  7. Windows Subsystem for Android opening when clicking links to websites

Windows Subsystem for Android opening when clicking links to websites: Hi, I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and have been using the Android Subsystem feature. However, one of my installed apps keeps opening the Subsystem every time I click a link related to the app's website, despite the website loading normally after. I have disabled the...
  8. ask now for websites

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    ask now for websites: im having trouble with finding the option to turn off the ask now feature for websites. on the admin account there is no option to turn this setting off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-now-for-websites/654380a4-53bf-4776-a5d0-84f1a478948e
  9. opening a link on a website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    opening a link on a website: I'm trying to open a link while on a website and it takes me to the Microsoft Windows update page. My computer is up to date so I don't know what to do! Anyone else had this happen? I need help! Thanks!...
  10. Clicking links keep asking me to choose between browsers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clicking links keep asking me to choose between browsers: I have Windows 10 Pro. on my desktop and Windows 10 Home on my laptop. On both I have the default browser set to Internet Explorer. I'm using IE instead of Edge because I need the use of some add-ons that cannot work on Edge. My issue is that on both computers every time I...