Windows 10: Logging in and Internet access

Discus and support Logging in and Internet access in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just got a little netbook with windows 10 as its OS. Like many other people, I'm having issues with the whole password business. It wanted my 4 digit... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by kcm, May 12, 2016.

1. KCM
    kcm Win User

Logging in and Internet access

I just got a little netbook with windows 10 as its OS. Like many other people, I'm having issues with the whole password business. It wanted my 4 digit pin, but wouldn't accept it until I connected to the internet, at which point it was happy.

The bottom line for me: I DO NOT WANT TO GO ONLINE EVERY TIME I USE THIS COMPUTER. I would prefer to have a password when I first turn it on in case it gets stolen- ironically the whole point of having this separate device is heightened security for sensitive information - but I don't have online access in the place I most often use it. Is there any way to password protect without tying into the net / microsoft edge? (also ironically, one of the reasons I wanted a clean start is because Outlook is such a burdensome POS at present, and now the first thing they want to know is my bleeping outlook address. EEERGH.)

:)

2. Internet connection and logging in

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

What is the result that you got after you ran the troubleshooter?

Please let us know so that we may assist you better. This is important to help us further troubleshoot.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Run will open, type msconfig and hit the Enter key.
    • A system configuration box will pop up.
    • Click on Boot Tab.
    • Select or click the check box Safe mode with networking.
    • Click on Apply and ok.
    • You will then see a restart button. Click it to restart your computer.
    Once you are in safe mode try to check if the issue gets resolved.

Once you completed the steps above follow the below steps on how to go back to normal mode:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Run will open, type msconfig and hit the Enter key.
    • A system configuration box will pop up.
    • Click on Boot Tab.
    • If you see safe mode box has a check mark in it, uncheck the safe mode box and hit apply or ok.
    • You will then see a restart button. Click on it to restart your computer.
    • When your computer comes back up, sign in and you will now be in "normal mode".
    Hope this post is helpful. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, May 12, 2016
  3. Internet connection and logging in

I have just upgraded to windows 10, everything was great for two days. I was on the Internet using Microsoft edge when I got a message that the Internet connection was lost. I ran the troubleshooter, but no luck. So I shut my computer down, rebooted my
    modem and router then started my computer then I find out that I cannot login without a internet connection. Is there a back door to get into safe mode to troubleshoot . Please help,

BobSchratzmeier, May 12, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, May 12, 2016
  5. lx07 Win User
    I use a Microsoft account and a PIN. I definitely don't need internet access to use it to log on - only the first time it was required.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Logging in and Internet access - Similar Threads - Logging Internet access

2. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  3. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  4. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Computer requires a password and internet access to log in. Have no internet but have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer requires a password and internet access to log in. Have no internet but have...: My 92 year old mother-in-law's computer is preventing her from accessing her programs.Computer requires a password and internet access to log in. Have no internet but have password. How to bypass the need for internet to access computer games?...
  6. Computer requires a password and internet access to log in. Have no internet but have...

Computer requires a password and internet access to log in. Have no internet but have...: My 92 year old mother-in-law's computer is preventing her from accessing her programs.Computer requires a password and internet access to log in. Have no internet but have password. How to bypass the need for internet to access computer games?...
  7. No internet access & no admin access , can’t log in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet access & no admin access , can’t log in windows 10: I can’t log into my windows 10 admin account because I don’t have internet access, I also can’t create another admin account from a local user , I get system error 5 when I trySo I’m stuck completely I can’t do any drastic fixes to solve my internet problem because I can’t...
  8. No internet access & no admin access , can’t log in windows 10

No internet access & no admin access , can’t log in windows 10: I can’t log into my windows 10 admin account because I don’t have internet access, I also can’t create another admin account from a local user , I get system error 5 when I trySo I’m stuck completely I can’t do any drastic fixes to solve my internet problem because I can’t...
  9. No internet access & no admin access , can’t log in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Cannot log into my computer without internet access

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log into my computer without internet access: So, I was having an issue with email and the MS tech suggested a download, but after downloading it, I lost internet access. When I start my computer, I get to the login screen it asks for my password, and after I enter it I get a reply that it is incorrect. I know the...