Windows 10: Logging in as new User in domain

Discus and support Logging in as new User in domain in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by michelle911, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Logging in as new User in domain

My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal.

My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues - dcdiag passes all tests and no other pc's in the domain suffer this issue.

I have two network cards - one is static and the other is used for a Hyper-V switch. If I disable the switch I can log in normal from a restart. I work alot remotely, so this is not an ideal solution especially if updates restart my pc. How do I stop this behavior?

:)

michelle911, Jun 14, 2018
  2. RobJM# Win User

User Name or Password Incorrect When Trying to Log In as Domain User

I've tried searching repeatedly for an answer to this problem but I seem to be getting nowhere.

My client purchased a desktop PC with Windows 10 Home edition installed. I upgraded the machine to Windows 10 Pro. I added a Microsoft account to the machine.

I logged in using this account and added the machine to the domain (Windows Server 8). When prompted to enter a domain user account, I used my Administrator account. The machine was added fine. I can see it in the list of devices on the server.

Now when I try to log in to the machine as a domain user or the domain administrator, I get an error. Here are my steps at the login screen:

1. Click on Other user (Note that "Sign in to: <DOMAIN>" is displayed)

2. Enter user name (I've also tried DOMAIN\User and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***)

3. Enter password.

4. Click on arrow.

5. Message displayed is "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again."

I've tried multiple domain accounts and verified their passwords. It seems that only the local/Microsoft account will let me into the PC.

RobJM#, Jun 15, 2018
  3. Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Jun 15, 2018
  4. slim142 Win User

Logging in as new User in domain

Windows users can't log in

The DNS server has collapsed. However, users cannot log into the domain?

I thought as long as they log in once, their credentials were saved locally into the computer?

slim142, Jun 15, 2018
Thema:

Logging in as new User in domain

1. Logging in as new User in domain - Similar Threads - Logging User domain

2. Update Windows 11 cant log in domain user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Windows 11 cant log in domain user: Hi AllI use a laptop in the company where I use windows 11, to know its stability.Yesterday, March 28, updating windows 11, it restarts 3 times and then it does not allow me to log in with my domain user or with any other domain user. Local users only..I take it out of the...
  3. Update Windows 11 cant log in domain user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Windows 11 cant log in domain user: Hi AllI use a laptop in the company where I use windows 11, to know its stability.Yesterday, March 28, updating windows 11, it restarts 3 times and then it does not allow me to log in with my domain user or with any other domain user. Local users only..I take it out of the...
  4. Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In: Hi All, As we become an increasingly remote workforce, I would like to get away from asking for user credentials completely and make it so I can deploy a new computer to a user without having to log into their account. It's hard for an IT Administrator to enforce the IT...
  5. User@Domain / Domain\User problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User@Domain / Domain\User problem: So I was checking my Windows 10 computer and saw that there was no domain, it was in a WORKGROUP. I needed to use the format "User@Domain" or "Domain\User" for something, and I do not know what to put. The username is just "User" and there is no password. submitted by...
  6. log in with new user, not able to log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    log in with new user, not able to log in: I made a new user account and they are not able to log in. the outlook account is valid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-with-new-user-not-able-to-log-in/5f311638-1c9b-47b4-a35b-844dd09f3dda"
  7. Windows 10 - Join Domain - Domain user logs in and reverts back to the log in screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Join Domain - Domain user logs in and reverts back to the log in screen: This has been happening for over a year. Not every installed new PC, just many time. Newer Win10 builds have not corrected it. We have a Dell Optiplex, Win10 installed. We complete the initial set up, patch etc., then join the domain. After joining the doamin, I go to...
  8. Configure IIS under different Domain user than the current logged in User domain

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Configure IIS under different Domain user than the current logged in User domain: Hi, We have to configure IIS 1o.o for web application/services which requires windows authentications to connect with backend DB and other services for application to work. We have machines in which user has Admin access in Domain1 (i.e. Domain1/User1). But the application...
  9. Logging in as Other User in domain

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging in as Other User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...
  10. New user logged off at log-on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New user logged off at log-on: I have upgraded my Vaio laptop to Win 10 Home, and with my single admin user have created a new non-admin local user (not with a Microsoft account). When logging in with this local user the log-on screen immediately says "Signing out" and that's it. Nothing. I've been...