Windows 10: Logging in as Other User in domain

Discus and support Logging in as Other User in domain in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by michelle911, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Logging in as Other User in domain

My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal.

My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues - dcdiag passes all tests and no other pc's in the domain suffer this issue.

I have two network cards - one is static and the other is used for a Hyper-V switch. If I disable the switch I can log in normal from a restart. I work alot remotely, so this is not an ideal solution especially if updates restart my pc. How do I stop this behavior?

:)

michelle911, Jun 13, 2018
  2. RobJM# Win User

User Name or Password Incorrect When Trying to Log In as Domain User

I've tried searching repeatedly for an answer to this problem but I seem to be getting nowhere.

My client purchased a desktop PC with Windows 10 Home edition installed. I upgraded the machine to Windows 10 Pro. I added a Microsoft account to the machine.

I logged in using this account and added the machine to the domain (Windows Server 8). When prompted to enter a domain user account, I used my Administrator account. The machine was added fine. I can see it in the list of devices on the server.

Now when I try to log in to the machine as a domain user or the domain administrator, I get an error. Here are my steps at the login screen:

1. Click on Other user (Note that "Sign in to: <DOMAIN>" is displayed)

2. Enter user name (I've also tried DOMAIN\User and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***)

3. Enter password.

4. Click on arrow.

5. Message displayed is "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again."

I've tried multiple domain accounts and verified their passwords. It seems that only the local/Microsoft account will let me into the PC.

RobJM#, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Jaffakeik Win User
    Today i bought domain.

Hallo,
    i bought Domain and webspace today.Wanted to try some html programming.Want to make my first webpage.
    Any advises for beginner?how to start first steps ect.

Jaffakeik, Jun 14, 2018
  4. KiloLima Win User

Logging in as Other User in domain

ProcHot Logging?

I saw this under the main features on the website so I wasn't sure if this was included in RealTemp 3.7

• Reporting and logging of the Intel PROCHOT# thermal throttle activity bit.
    I am using a baytrail e3845

KiloLima, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Logging in as Other User in domain

1. Logging in as Other User in domain - Similar Threads - Logging User domain

2. Other User Log In Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User Log In Screen: Hello, I edited the registry Windows 10 Home OS in order to remove the previous owner's name from the log in screen. The registry edit worked but I regret doing it. The laptop has a Celeron chip and literally took hours for the computer to complete the task. Even worse, now...
  3. Other User Log In Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other User Log In Screen: Hello, I edited the registry Windows 10 Home OS in order to remove the previous owner's name from the log in screen. The registry edit worked. But big mistake. It has a Celeron chip and literally took hours for the computer to just get back to a log in screen. Even worse, now...
  4. other users logged in, when there are no other users

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    other users logged in, when there are no other users: Computer is being very slow. So i was removing an unused program via the control panel and it told me that there were other users logged in. This is a personal device and there are no other users. I checked the C:/Users folder and there are several there: Allison...
  5. Other users not able to log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Other users not able to log in: I recently reset Windows 10 on this PC, removing all files. I believe that is not relevant to this problem. Come to think of it I did a clean install using a USB drive. Currently: Windows 10 Pro, 20H2, 19042.685 I am able to log in to my Microsoft User account, set to admin...
  6. Windows 10 - Join Domain - Domain user logs in and reverts back to the log in screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Join Domain - Domain user logs in and reverts back to the log in screen: This has been happening for over a year. Not every installed new PC, just many time. Newer Win10 builds have not corrected it. We have a Dell Optiplex, Win10 installed. We complete the initial set up, patch etc., then join the domain. After joining the doamin, I go to...
  7. Configure IIS under different Domain user than the current logged in User domain

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Configure IIS under different Domain user than the current logged in User domain: Hi, We have to configure IIS 1o.o for web application/services which requires windows authentications to connect with backend DB and other services for application to work. We have machines in which user has Admin access in Domain1 (i.e. Domain1/User1). But the application...
  8. Logging in as new User in domain

Logging in as new User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...
  9. OTHER USER log in problems

OTHER USER log in problems: Good day! I have my problem on my PC.. It's windows 10 and I clean and scan it to remove any virus. After that it requires to restart my PC, so I did. But when it comes to log in menu, I didn't see my account, OTHER USER which is I don't know the user and pass. And it...
  10. Other User log in problem

Other User log in problem: I decided to reset my computer and put it back to windows 8, everything went well except for the fact that this "other user" log in page popped up. I tried everything but it kept saying wrong password or wrong username. If anyone has any solution it would be very helpful....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows server domain admin logging as another user