Windows 10: Logging in as Other User in domain

Discus and support Logging in as Other User in domain in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by michelle911, Jun 13, 2018.

1. michelle911 Win User

Logging in as Other User in domain

My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal.

My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues - dcdiag passes all tests and no other pc's in the domain suffer this issue.

I have two network cards - one is static and the other is used for a Hyper-V switch. If I disable the switch I can log in normal from a restart. I work alot remotely, so this is not an ideal solution especially if updates restart my pc. How do I stop this behavior?

:)

michelle911, Jun 13, 2018
  2. RobJM# Win User

User Name or Password Incorrect When Trying to Log In as Domain User

I've tried searching repeatedly for an answer to this problem but I seem to be getting nowhere.

My client purchased a desktop PC with Windows 10 Home edition installed. I upgraded the machine to Windows 10 Pro. I added a Microsoft account to the machine.

I logged in using this account and added the machine to the domain (Windows Server 8). When prompted to enter a domain user account, I used my Administrator account. The machine was added fine. I can see it in the list of devices on the server.

Now when I try to log in to the machine as a domain user or the domain administrator, I get an error. Here are my steps at the login screen:

1. Click on Other user (Note that "Sign in to: <DOMAIN>" is displayed)

2. Enter user name (I've also tried DOMAIN\User and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***)

3. Enter password.

4. Click on arrow.

5. Message displayed is "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again."

I've tried multiple domain accounts and verified their passwords. It seems that only the local/Microsoft account will let me into the PC.

RobJM#, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Jaffakeik Win User
    Today i bought domain.

Hallo,
    i bought Domain and webspace today.Wanted to try some html programming.Want to make my first webpage.
    Any advises for beginner?how to start first steps ect.

Jaffakeik, Jun 14, 2018
  4. KiloLima Win User

ProcHot Logging?

I saw this under the main features on the website so I wasn't sure if this was included in RealTemp 3.7

• Reporting and logging of the Intel PROCHOT# thermal throttle activity bit.
    I am using a baytrail e3845

KiloLima, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Logging in as Other User in domain - Similar Threads - Logging User domain

2. log in screen doesn't have other user option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    log in screen doesn't have other user option: I have a Dell that my son set up and used, and now it is mine to use. He got another computer. But when I try to log on, the start up screen only has Matthew as the user, and no option to change to other user. Please advise...
  3. "Other User"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Other User": I just recently purchased a Microsoft Certified Refurbished computer for my workshop. It powered up to the Windows 10 sign in screen as Other User asking for Sign In name and password. I can not change out of the Other User account screen on computer in workshop to get...
  4. Configure IIS under different Domain user than the current logged in User domain

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Configure IIS under different Domain user than the current logged in User domain: Hi, We have to configure IIS 1o.o for web application/services which requires windows authentications to connect with backend DB and other services for application to work. We have machines in which user has Admin access in Domain1 (i.e. Domain1/User1). But the application...
  5. Logging in as new User in domain

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging in as new User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...
  6. OTHER USER log in problems

OTHER USER log in problems: Good day! I have my problem on my PC.. It's windows 10 and I clean and scan it to remove any virus. After that it requires to restart my PC, so I did. But when it comes to log in menu, I didn't see my account, OTHER USER which is I don't know the user and pass. And it...
  7. What is the purpose of "Other User" on the login screen (Domain Env)

What is the purpose of "Other User" on the login screen (Domain Env): Laptops on Windows 10 Pro seems to show this useless "Other User" option which is defaulted. This requires people to click "Local or domain account password" in the lower left in order to be presented with fields for their username and password. Is there a way to eliminate...
  8. Other User log in problem

Other User log in problem: I decided to reset my computer and put it back to windows 8, everything went well except for the fact that this "other user" log in page popped up. I tried everything but it kept saying wrong password or wrong username. If anyone has any solution it would be very helpful....
  9. Domain users?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Domain users?: Our company has about 40 Laptops that all have windows 7 on them. Since they are all connected to our domain the GWX app will not appear on any. Would running the upgrade from a WIN 10 DVD activate properly? 9968
  10. need help logging on to windows/ the other user

in Windows 10 Support
    need help logging on to windows/ the other user: hello i have been having some bad luck with my laptop after updating to windows 10, i have finshed updating it and now im on the log on screen and now every time i try to but my log in it does not work, does anyone know about if you do how do i fix. if you dont under stand i...