Windows 10: Logging on to my surface pro from my mac

Discus and support Logging on to my surface pro from my mac in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My windows 10 surface pro shows up on my mac and vice versa. I can log in to my mac but not vice versa. When I try to connect to my surface pro (from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IainDuncan1, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Logging on to my surface pro from my mac

My windows 10 surface pro shows up on my mac and vice versa. I can log in to my mac but not vice versa. When I try to connect to my surface pro (from my mac) it asks for Name and password. Every possible name and password I try fails (Microsoft account, surface pro username, passwords, PIN, etc). Do I need to create another user on my surface pro? Is this a sharing issue?

:)

IainDuncan1, Aug 5, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Fingerprint reader missing from log-in screen on Surface Pro 4

Hi Van,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about fingerprint reader on the your device, do le us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the device(Hardware/ Software) prior to this issue?
    • Have you connected any other external devices to your Surface Pro 4?
    • Are you using PIN on the logon screen to log-in to your device?

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned by
    RobertBrindle on November 10, 2015 and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Surface Pro 3 with Surface Pro 4 Keyboard with Fingerprint Reader

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Logging on to my surface pro from my mac

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Logging on to my surface pro from my mac

1. Logging on to my surface pro from my mac - Similar Threads - Logging surface pro

2. Can't log in into Windows from my Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in into Windows from my Surface Pro: I have a Surface Pro 7 and all of a sudden started not allowing me to sign in into my Outlook account.It wouldn't allow me to use the PIN option, and when I entered the password, it would tell me it was the wrong password. I keep a record of my passwords, so I know I was...
  3. Can't log in into Windows from my Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in into Windows from my Surface Pro: I have a Surface Pro 7 and all of a sudden started not allowing me to sign in into my Outlook account.It wouldn't allow me to use the PIN option, and when I entered the password, it would tell me it was the wrong password. I keep a record of my passwords, so I know I was...
  4. Unable to remote from Mac to Surface Pro 9 on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remote from Mac to Surface Pro 9 on home network: I have set up the Surface to accept remote connections and have enabled Password sign-in to the Surface. I am using the correct IPv4 address. When I use my Microsoft account and password, which is the same account I use for the Surface, and remote from my Mac it errors with...
  5. Unable to remote from Mac to Surface Pro 9 on home network

Unable to remote from Mac to Surface Pro 9 on home network: I have set up the Surface to accept remote connections and have enabled Password sign-in to the Surface. I am using the correct IPv4 address. When I use my Microsoft account and password, which is the same account I use for the Surface, and remote from my Mac it errors with...
  6. Logging in to my surface pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging in to my surface pro: try to log in to my surface pro, says wrong passwordreset the password - then logged in on my phonesurface pro still says password wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logging-in-to-my-surface-pro/51235dca-20ac-4470-9066-31a406aa7c40
  7. Logging in to my surface pro

Logging in to my surface pro: try to log in to my surface pro, says wrong passwordreset the password - then logged in on my phonesurface pro still says password wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logging-in-to-my-surface-pro/51235dca-20ac-4470-9066-31a406aa7c40
  8. Bricked my Surface Pro?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bricked my Surface Pro?: I have a Surface Pro 7. I decided to change my PIN as I forgot both my PIN and my Password. I always use Windows Hello but for some reason it doesn't work sometimes and requires a PIN. Anyway, I changed my PIN successfully, and restarted my device. Now, I now cannot...
  9. Downgrade from Windows 10 pro to home on my surface pro 6

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade from Windows 10 pro to home on my surface pro 6: After I bought my surface pro 6 in the early of this year, I upgrade my windows from home to pro use my key, but I want to use this pro key to my other PC, and downgrade the windows of my surface pro to home version, how can I make it?...
  10. Transfer files from My Passport to Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer files from My Passport to Surface Pro 6: Is there a relatively simple process for transferring files from my external drive( My Passport) to my new Surface Pro 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files-from-my-passport-to-surface-pro-6/e695317a-cd58-4eeb-919e-1b4589c08293"