Windows 10: Login Account Changed

Discus and support Login Account Changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my home PC to which I only have access, following the installation of an update, my login account was changed from myself to Other User. I have set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wdrs, Apr 6, 2015.

1. wdrs Win User

Login Account Changed

On my home PC to which I only have access, following the installation of an update, my login account was changed from myself to Other User. I have set my account to bypass the requirement to enter a password by using netplwiz, but now the computer defaults to Other User. I get a message saying "The username or password is incorect. Try again. OK". I click on OK and go another screen with Other User in the centre, and in the bottom left of the screen my account and Other User account are shown with my account on the top showing my email, and Other User underneath showing nothing else. I click on my account, enter my password and I am up an running.
    However how can I revert to the default account on starting Windows 10 being myself and not Other User. Indeed how can I delete the Other User account?
    My Computer is at home and only I can use it.
    Any suggestions?

:)

wdrs, Apr 6, 2015

2. Change login account

How do I change my pc logon from using my personal MS account to my Ofc 365 small business account logon? When I set up my computer after updating to Win 10 my options only included my personal MS acct or a local logon.

Karen-Thomson, Apr 6, 2015
  3. Change login account

Hi Karen,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

Based on your description, please be inform that once you have registered with MS account the account is already tied up with the MS account. However, I suggest you to contact office 365. They may have solution for your query.

https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/

If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 6, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Login Account Changed

You should be able to do this with netplwiz as you did before.

Open Control Panel and User Accounts and delete Other User after your sure all is well with your account.

Ztruker, Apr 7, 2015
  5. wdrs Win User
    Problem. Running netplwiz shows only my account. It does not show Other User. I had tried that before without success.Opening Control Panel - User Accounts and Family Safety - User Accounts - Manage Accounts shows Guest (not Other User) which says "Guest Account is off". I cannot remove the Guest Account.
    I am stymied

wdrs, Apr 7, 2015
  6. badrobot Win User
    The Other User I think refers to local accounts with MS Account being the main user. You can't get rid of it. Just login the way you normally do and it will open up your local account with your local account name on it.

badrobot, Apr 7, 2015
  7. wdrs Win User
    That is the problem. I cannot log in the way I normally do. It logs me first into Other User, and only after I have tried and failed to log in as Other User can I change the login to myself. But I then have to enter my password, which I don't want to do!
    i want it to default to me, not Other User. Thanks.

wdrs, Apr 7, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Login Account Changed

Hello wdrs,

The "Other user" is usually what you see when something has changed the password of the user account that you set Windows to automatically sign in to at startup.

After you have signed in to your user account, use the tutorial below to setup automatically sign in again with your current correct password to see if that may help. *Smile

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Apr 7, 2015
  9. wdrs Win User
    Very many thanks. It worked a treat using netplwiz. Moral to the story "Do not change the computer's name!"

Many thanks
    David

wdrs, Apr 8, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news.

Nar, you can change the computer name if you like, but will just need to redo netplwiz afterwards since it would still use the old name. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Login Account Changed

1. Login Account Changed - Similar Threads - Login Account Changed

2. Changing Login PIN without microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Login PIN without microsoft account: I bought my work computer from my employer when I left the company. Recently, my 5yo son has been making unauthorized purchases. I thought I would make him a new account with parental controls to prevent this going forward. I can change the password, but unfortunately he can...
  3. Change the login account on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change the login account on Windows 10: I have a problem with a PC installed with a Microsoft account say "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***". For Office 365 however I have an account like "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" linked to my organisation. I want to bring all together into that 1...
  4. cannot change accounts or login as administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot change accounts or login as administrator: Can only login with one account. Cannot access other accounts or sigin as administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-accounts-or-login-as-administrator/8677c47e-4b7b-4805-b7ad-fc2da8a3a79a
  5. Microsoft Account - changing the login mail account?

Microsoft Account - changing the login mail account?: My mail address is going away; it is my Microsoft Account login id. How do I change it? I have already added the new address and made it my primary address Dave NB Finding a Category for this wasn't necessarily simple...
  6. Change account name on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change account name on login screen: New to windows 10 and how the start up/set up on a new laptop. Now I have this really strange name on the lock screen page. Kinda looks like my email address, was wondering how I can change that. I have tried somethings that are on the web, but to no avail. Looking for...
  7. How to change a personal account login to a business login

How to change a personal account login to a business login: Hi Community I have a new laptop for a new job. Before I recieved my new company email address I used a personal address to setup my laptop. However, now I have two logins for the machine. One for the laptop login and one for 365 and other programs. So, my question is;...
  8. Change Windows 10 Login, Not Microsoft Account Login

Change Windows 10 Login, Not Microsoft Account Login: Hello, I have seen this question asked over the last few years, but have no seen a satisfactory answer. I want to change the password I use to log into Windows 10 on my laptop. This password is different from my Microsoft Account password. I do not want to change my...
  9. Change login email to local win10 account.

Change login email to local win10 account.: Hi, my son and his friend have created a new local account on his win 10 desktop. Unfortunately, this new instance has his friends email account linked to it. My sons original account is still on the PC but non of his data, apps etc. How can I change the login email to this...
  10. Local account changed to MS account, act as separate accounts at login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local account changed to MS account, act as separate accounts at login: So I originally started with a local account but then signed into the store with a MS account. I changed the setting where users are required to enter a password through netplwiz (like this) and making a password not required after waking from sleep. But after doing this and...