Windows 10: login as administrator

Discus and support login as administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When installing Windows 10 a couple months ago, I don't recall being asked about being an administrator (I use a laptop for my exclusive personal use).... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by casale, Dec 2, 2016.

1. casale Win User

login as administrator

When installing Windows 10 a couple months ago, I don't recall being asked about being an administrator (I use a laptop for my exclusive personal use). I occasionally I get an error message saying I have to have "administrator privileges", including a password, when I try to make some change - e.g. the settings in some internet or other program. How do I become te administrator of my own computer or, if I already am but don't know it, how do I find my credentials?

:)

casale, Dec 2, 2016

2. Can't Login as Administrator

Hi Jody,

In order for us to determine the next best step to resolve the issue, we'd like to ask the following:

• Were you able to access other accounts in the system?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly provide us a screenshot.
    • Since how long are you experiencing this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Eileen Gal, Dec 2, 2016
  3. bob78741 Win User
    Can't Login as Administrator

This all started after upgrading to Windows 10.

First it made me create a Microsoft Account.

Then it constantly asked me to input a password each time the computer came out of sleep mode. I tried removing the password requirement and was successful. However, apparently I also removed my admin rights. I thought I had to activate the hidden admin
    account but it won't allow me to. I tried to run the cmd prompt as an administrator but it requests a password but doesn't allow me to input one, because I removed the password option on my account.

bob78741, Dec 2, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

login as administrator

When you set up Windows 10 for the first time and are asked to create an account it is always an administrator account that's created.

Even an administrator gets told 'you need administrator privileges to do this' for certain actions - this is by design. An administrator is running apps with just standard user privileges by default. This gives you the chance to cancel any action malware may be trying to sneak past you.

If you are signed in an administrator you can just click 'continue' to complete the action. If you have signed in with a standard user account you will be offered the chance to type the password to an administrator account to continue.

How many accounts do you have? Have you set up another one since you installed Windows 10 or changed the account type of the one you have? This Tutorial shows how to see what accounts you have and what type they are.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Bree, Dec 2, 2016
  5. casale Win User
    Dear Bree,

Thanks sooo much andhearty congrats. You answer was more than thorough yet succinct and totally easy to follow. You deserve top kudos.

Frank

casale, Dec 2, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    @casale, thanks for your kind words. Glad to have helped.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

login as administrator

1. login as administrator - Similar Threads - login administrator

2. can't login it says administrator disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't login it says administrator disabled: disabled administrator don't know password just bought the pc i have a usb and extra pc if there's a way i can do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-it-says-administrator-disabled/db94d3cf-fe8d-43fc-bba3-d089ca5c5747
  3. I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...: So I tried to log in to access my computer which is a Dell laptop, with Windows 10, and I didn't have access to the internet at the time, so it kept telling me my account was offline and I couldn't get past the log in screen.But instead of changing to my local account which...
  4. I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...: So I tried to log in to access my computer which is a Dell laptop, with Windows 10, and I didn't have access to the internet at the time, so it kept telling me my account was offline and I couldn't get past the log in screen.But instead of changing to my local account which...
  5. I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. How to login as an Administrator on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to login as an Administrator on Windows 10: How to login as an Administrator on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-login-as-an-administrator-on-windows-10/7e116818-78ad-4d81-992d-27e00ad71f99
  7. How to login as an Administrator on Windows 10

How to login as an Administrator on Windows 10: How to login as an Administrator on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-login-as-an-administrator-on-windows-10/7e116818-78ad-4d81-992d-27e00ad71f99
  8. How to login as an Administrator on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. how do i download a app if i dont know the administrator login or password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i download a app if i dont know the administrator login or password?: i want to download the BlueStacks app but i need a administrators login and password and i dont know what those are. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-a-app-if-i-dont-know-the/3d961d9d-183f-424c-874d-e511a4f7fd94
  10. how do i download a app if i dont know the administrator login or password?

how do i download a app if i dont know the administrator login or password?: i want to download the BlueStacks app but i need a administrators login and password and i dont know what those are. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-a-app-if-i-dont-know-the/3d961d9d-183f-424c-874d-e511a4f7fd94