Windows 10: Login Background Image: Setting One Picture

Discus and support Login Background Image: Setting One Picture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; One of the posts here indicated how to get at the series of images that display in the Lock Screen. I liked one of them and changed the Lock Screen to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by johnpd, Jun 22, 2018.

1. johnpd Win User

Login Background Image: Setting One Picture

One of the posts here indicated how to get at the series of images that display in the Lock Screen. I liked one of them and changed the Lock Screen to use that exclusively. However I don't care for the Lock Screen so I disabled it in GPEdit. I have set the Login background to use the Lock Screen image. However it appears to continue to use the Spotlight option to display Login background images instead of the image I selected. Is there some way to fix this?

JohnD

:)

johnpd, Jun 22, 2018

2. Login Screen Background keeps defaulting to stock image

I've set a custom image on my lock screen to show up on the initial login screen whenever I first start up my computer. But occasionally, the login screen defaults to a stock landscape image that comes with Windows 10.

To clarify, here are the steps I've taken:

• Go into Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen
    • EDIT: Set image to Picture
    • Click Browse... to look for and select a picture
    • Turn on Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

However, no matter how many times I retake these steps, the default login screen background occasionally
    comes back. How do I stop this from happening?

UPDATE: I forgot to mention a step here in my initial post. I have already set the background to
    Picture, thus the custom image.

AndrewSarley, Jun 22, 2018
  3. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jun 22, 2018
  4. Login Background Image: Setting One Picture

Picture set turn background to slideshow

Hi Henry,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Can you outline the troubleshooting steps that you have performed to fix the issue?

2. Does the issue occur with other images as well or only the one saved in the desktop?

For now, I suggest that you follow the steps below to change the slideshow option and check.

1. Go to the Settings application

2. Click on Personalization, select Picture from that top dropdown

If the above did not help, change the background picture that you have set and check.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 22, 2018
Thema:

Login Background Image: Setting One Picture

1. Login Background Image: Setting One Picture - Similar Threads - Login Background Image

2. Image not setting up as background.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Image not setting up as background.: When I right click an image and choose to set as desktop background. Nothing happens. This is happening since my wallpaper changed to asus tuf gaming wallpaper by itself. I am on windows 10 and have received updates to shift to windows 11 but I have declined that for now....
  3. Image not setting up as background.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image not setting up as background.: When I right click an image and choose to set as desktop background. Nothing happens. This is happening since my wallpaper changed to asus tuf gaming wallpaper by itself. I am on windows 10 and have received updates to shift to windows 11 but I have declined that for now....
  4. Image not setting up as background.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Background -> Picture: sees image files. Background -> Slideshow: does not see image files.

Background -> Picture: sees image files. Background -> Slideshow: does not see image files.: I have had problems with Background settings for a long time. Now it is worse than ever since the cummulative December update using Windows 10 Pro. I want to use slideshow picking random images from a random folder in a folder hierarchy like giving the computers Picture...
  6. PC login background images for windows 10

PC login background images for windows 10: How might I locate the right place to search for an image that I liked but couldn't figure out how to save the image to my computer before windows 10 updated to the next background image? I mean, Microsoft is sending these images to my hard drive that are presented to me at...
  7. How to set background image

How to set background image: Split from this thread. can anyone advise how to change home screen I want to personalize and put photo on unfortunately not that savvy lol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-background-image/0a99c9fd-3a5a-43d6-8497-9f88b4651d49
  8. Setting animated image as Desktop Background

Setting animated image as Desktop Background: sir, I want to set an animated background ***Original title: Desktop background*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-animated-image-as-desktop-background/638790b6-ca67-44e5-9975-1b61cdac38da
  9. Setting One Picture as a Login Background Image

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting One Picture as a Login Background Image: One of the posts here indicated how to get at the series of images that display in the Lock Screen. I liked one of them and changed the Lock Screen to use that exclusively. However I don't care for the Lock Screen so I disabled it in GPEdit. I have set the Login background to...
  10. How to change the login screen background image?

How to change the login screen background image?: I was wondering where the login screen background image is stored? I'm trying to change it to a different image. Thanks. 31131