Windows 10: Login/email incorrect on ASUS Q534UX BHI7T19 15.6″ Convertible

Discus and support Login/email incorrect on ASUS Q534UX BHI7T19 15.6″ Convertible in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Unsure if I titled my question properly, so will explain. I bought this asus new a couple months ago. When I went to set it up, I used my wifes older... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by drmax, Apr 26, 2017.

1. drmax Win User

Login/email incorrect on ASUS Q534UX BHI7T19 15.6″ Convertible

Unsure if I titled my question properly, so will explain. I bought this asus new a couple months ago. When I went to set it up, I used my wifes older email address, that she does not want. So everytime the darn thing boots up, it is telling her that something is out of date and has to do with her older email account. I simply want to use her current email, and ditch the old one, but isn't so simple. I've went to the admin area, and I am lost. Windows 10 and I don't get it. Let me know what else I need to tell you. Laptop is not with me, presently. Thx, DM

:)

drmax, Apr 26, 2017

2. Windows Hello Issue

Same problem here. Asus Q534UX.

Zaratenian, Apr 26, 2017
  3. I am stuck in "Diagnosing your PC" at start up. How can I enter a safe mode to reset Windows 10?

I have the same problem.

Laptop name is Asus

: The model number is: Asus Q524UQ 2-in-1

Description: 2017 Newest ASUS Convertible 2-in-1 FHD 15.6" Touchscreen Laptop, Intel Core i7-7500U, 12GB DDR4, 2TB HDD, Nvidia Geforce 940MX, 802.11AC, Bluetooth, USB Type C, 3 x USB 3.0, HDMI, Thunderbolt port

Philsonnkandu, Apr 26, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Apr 26, 2017
  5. drmax Win User
    drmax, Apr 26, 2017
  6. drmax Win User
    When I attempt to login, and put in password for this yahoo account it say it's wrong. When I login to yahoo email the password is correct. Uh....stuck

drmax, Apr 27, 2017
  7. mrgeek Win User
    NavyLCDR's instructions were correct but the Local Account you created needs a Microsoft email address, not yahoo, to switch to. If the old address that she doesn't want any more was an MS email, then that gives you guys access to the Store apps and Onedrive, among other features.

If you do not care for these, then simply continue to use the Local Account that you created with the new name and password. If it's something else that is an issue, like the Mail app or the User name on the This PC files, that is a different issue. But for the purpose of logging in to the computer, an MS account is not a must but you will have some restrictions.

mrgeek, Apr 27, 2017
  8. drmax Win User

Oh. Never knew it was the ms address. Ended my frustration early last night. I reset the PC like new. Since it was brand new in April, there wasn't that much lost. Looks good so far. I'll let her be in charge of it now. Thx and if She gets into another pickle, I'll be back!

drmax, Apr 27, 2017
  9. mrgeek Win User
    Glad you got that resolved without much headache. You're always welcome back. If you find that you do need Store apps, Onedrive, use free online Office apps or want to sync across multiple devices, you can always easily create a Microsoft email account just for that purpose. Otherwise, just continue on your Local account. Cheers.

mrgeek, Apr 27, 2017
  10. drmax Win User
    Realized now, after I tried to set my account up, my login in password fails. Ugh. I've made sure my ms and yahoo were the same as to no confusion. So I'm either doing something wrong, or I don't know. I have it we both administrators and I added myself as a family member, if this helps to understand the issue. Hers logins in with a pin

drmax, Apr 28, 2017
  11. mrgeek Win User
    You're starting to even confuse me, reading this. Let's make things simpler. For the purpose of User accounts, the yahoo address is irrelevant. You should only use it in a browser to read your email or for My Yahoo content. It has No, Zero purpose for signing into a Win10 account. Get it out of your mind completely.

Now that, that is settled. Do both, either or neither of you have an msn or outlook or hotmail address ? Who do you want to be the primary account and admin, you or your wife ? The purpose of Family account is customize your own Microsoft account materials, such as Apps or Onedrive or to monitor a child account. Do not use it, and delete the account that you set up, it will only confuse you.

The primary User should have his/her own name and password/PIN, with or w/o a MS acct. The second user should have his/her Local Account, set up with his/her own preferred name and password which is specific ONLY to the laptop in question, NO other computer or phone. So, again, let's start with who has a Microsoft email acct and we'll go from there.

Follow this tutorial which is so brain dead simple that you'll be embarrassed - Switch to Local Account in Windows 10
    This is basically the 1st half of NavyLCDR's post. The 2nd half applies if either of you want to use a MS account to use the Store or Onedrive.
    This is also how I set up family computers all over the country. I set up the computer with me and a MS account as the primary user and give the other computer user a Local Account with or w/o admin (you obviously want to make both of you admin's). The user with the computer in their house, happily signs in every day with their own name and their password and I only intervene with my account to remotely do updates or diagnose problems. This is the simplest way to set up two accounts, period. I hope you follow. Good Luck

mrgeek, Apr 28, 2017
  12. drmax Win User
    I'll ck in awhile. I think the deal is I didn't set mine as a local user. I'll mess with it soon. Thx

drmax, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Login/email incorrect on ASUS Q534UX BHI7T19 15.6″ Convertible - Similar Threads - Login email incorrect

2. Incorrect Email Set as Administrator email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect Email Set as Administrator email: Hi,I was trying to remove my email from my laptop as the administrator and give my father's email as the administrator. However, I missed one letter in his email and gave the wrong one. I made this incorrect email address the administrator and my account a standard user. When...
  3. Incorrect Email Set as Administrator email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Email Set as Administrator email: Hi,I was trying to remove my email from my laptop as the administrator and give my father's email as the administrator. However, I missed one letter in his email and gave the wrong one. I made this incorrect email address the administrator and my account a standard user. When...
  4. Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, incorrect login email displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, incorrect login email displayed: hi all,I'm trying to launch a RDP file using Microsoft Remote Desktop, I am using a Mac.When this launches it comes up with *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, this is no longer an account I use so I am unsure why it appears to be cached and is trying to be used.I...
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, incorrect login email displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, incorrect login email displayed: hi all,I'm trying to launch a RDP file using Microsoft Remote Desktop, I am using a Mac.When this launches it comes up with *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, this is no longer an account I use so I am unsure why it appears to be cached and is trying to be used.I...
  6. Email address incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Email address incorrect: Hello, When I set up my account info on my new pc, I had entered my outlook.com address accidentally as an outlook.ca. When I go to fix typo, I enter the outlook.com and it tells me this address unavailable. This is true, but it is MY correct address! I try to change it...
  7. Incorrect email address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incorrect email address: Somehow Windows 10 saved an email address for me that is fictional. How can I make Windows 10 remove this bogus address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-email-address/ffa5c3d0-1682-4fa1-9b2e-11f32a9b40d4
  8. Login Email is Incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Email is Incorrect: Hi whenever I try to login to something linked to my Microsoft account Mail, Edge etc. it shows the correct email but when I am prompted for my password it has me signing into the wrong email. At one point the "wrong" email was my Microsoft account email but I have since...
  9. Incorrect login email for Win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect login email for Win 10: When I start up my Win 10 laptop, somehow the email address has changed. The first part of it is correct, except that the end of the email address has now changed from @hotmail.co.uk to @ hotmail.com and so I cannot log on to my laptop. There is no option to change the email...
  10. Incorrect email identification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect email identification: Why does a friends email name come up as 'Bigpond' instead of the name in contacts list? She has a bigpond email address? I use Windows live mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-email-identification/55485b10-9e40-4f49-83f7-1c0f8f3c792c