Windows 10: login freezes on startup/sleep initialization/lock screen

Discus and support login freezes on startup/sleep initialization/lock screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; god i love win 10 i really do, if not for these few ridiculously unsolvable bugs pretty much rendering my lappy unusable for hours at a time. sys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jonnyd23, Jun 15, 2016.

1. jonnyd23 Win User

login freezes on startup/sleep initialization/lock screen

god i love win 10 i really do, if not for these few ridiculously unsolvable bugs pretty much rendering
    my lappy unusable for hours at a time.

sys specs

i7-6700
    12gb DDR4 RAM
    nvidia GTX960M

Win 10 came preinstalled on the system, didn't start hangups until the upgrades started rolling in. Disabled that in the Admin tools. Still having the issue. On startup I get the bright cyan screen with the stupid white dot circle and "Please Wait"... on sleep mode initialization this thing doesn't even wake back up, have to hard reset and yea cyan screen with stupid white dot circle. On lock screen initialization, it will hang out with the default windows screen logo and the 3 buttons for power, accessibility and wifi access but the password field and my user name just wont appear immediately. Trying to solve this because I really don't want to roll back, but I've already backed up my system to another partition just in case I have to go back to Win 8. No BSOD's, no crashes, system runs flawlessly out of the box as it should. Only issue is the cyan screen and white spinning dots that can take up to 30 mins to 4 hours to let me login. BTW the admin user acct is local and not cloud based. IF anyone else has solved this issue I'm all ears. Thanks in advance. Have not yet uninstalled the updates either but I'm not even sure that will solve this issue, seems systemic. *Rolleyes*cry*Confused

:)

jonnyd23, Jun 15, 2016
  2. Bilaliz Win User

Windows 10 lock screen issue

Thanks, but the initial lock screen & login screen have already been disabled,

The issue is the subsequent lock screen that appears some time later for unknown reasons. specially when we have set the screen to never sleep, the computer never goes to sleep either.

Bilaliz, Jun 15, 2016
  3. Windows Hello - Coudn't turn on camera

This is the same conclusion that I came to with my R3 15 alienware.

The camera is not available, or not initialized, before being required for Windows Hello login, when the computer is initially started up. The camera is subsequently available when I lock the screen and return.

This only became an issue after the last windows update.

If startup takes longer than usual; e.g., a third party update is being applied at startup, then the camera is available for Windows Hello login. So, there is some race condition occurring. And, as suggested by britcam, is there a way to coerce login to
    occur after the camera has had the opportunity to be initialized.

Do people have fast windows-boot enabled (not sure what is the correct name is for this feature)? It just occurs to me that if this was disabled then startup might take longer giving the camera time to be initialized. I will try this tonight and report
    if it has any bearing on the issue.

CheshPainter, Jun 15, 2016
Thema:

login freezes on startup/sleep initialization/lock screen

1. login freezes on startup/sleep initialization/lock screen - Similar Threads - login freezes startup

2. Lock screen/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen/Sleep: Windows 11/Edge I have a folder of images that change at set intervals on the desktop.On my last Windows 10 PC I was able to set the sleep interval with those images running.Can I do this with Windows 11?...
  3. Lock screen/Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen/Sleep: Windows 11/Edge I have a folder of images that change at set intervals on the desktop.On my last Windows 10 PC I was able to set the sleep interval with those images running.Can I do this with Windows 11?...
  4. Computer immediately freezes at startup/login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer immediately freezes at startup/login screen: I have been using my Pc for about 2 years and had no real problems. However recently i went to bed with my computer working fine and woke up to getting to the login screen and it immediately freezing. Done multiple things like removing ram trying other ram and memory...
  5. Locked login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked login screen: [IMG] i am being asked to log in but i have not set up sn account. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-login-screen/0c44ccac-b666-4c9f-a080-668a48310b78
  6. Freezing in Login Screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freezing in Login Screen: Hello, My computer keeps freezing at the login screen of Windows 10, requiring a reset. I scanned for corrupt files, no issues. My drivers are up to date. I even tried reinstalling Windows 10 and the problem continues. What can you recommend?...
  7. Initial screen login to access home screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Initial screen login to access home screen: My computer screen is not letting your login to the main screen so I can access my home screen. I am being told that your credentials are incorrect. I am also being asked to access your account account.live.com. Well, I can't as I cant get the the home screen. So if anyone...
  8. Initial Lock Screen not firing through GPO at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Initial Lock Screen not firing through GPO at startup: Hi there, I was given a pretty simple task - Change the lock screen for all computers in our organisation. Easy. 1) I went ahead and changed the GPO on the DC (server 2012) to point to the new picture. 2) After a GPupdate, within the windows session it works as it should...
  9. How to change the initial login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the initial login screen: They are often changing the initial login screen which is most annoying when the put up a pic that I do not like. Can we stop them form doing that?*Mad 68204
  10. Black screen after initial startup but fine coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after initial startup but fine coming out of sleep mode: Hi! I'm not sure if I'm posting correctly so please let me know, but I was recommended to this site for help with my windows 10 update. I've contacted Microsoft twice now, but they weren't able to help either time. Basically when my computer is off and I turn it on, I see...