Windows 10: Login issues since the May 2018 update

Discus and support Login issues since the May 2018 update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since this update - my tablet, which thankfully I do not use often (as it is next to not possible now) login is extremely slow (click on screen to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MichaelFelt, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Login issues since the May 2018 update

Since this update - my tablet, which thankfully I do not use often (as it is next to not possible now) login is extremely slow (click on screen to start login and have to wait minutes before I can enter any "auth" info, and I can no longer use the PIN method.

Further, "Settings->Accounts->Sign-in Options" just gives "white space" to the right, not even the dot.dot.dot activity as if busy.

I have just check updates -says all is current.

System is 32-bit, and login is "local account, administrator"

What's up? e.g., punishing people who prefer to use "local accounts" over "cloud managed UIDs?"

And why is it so slow? Really boring to need 15 minutes to just get logged-on.

:)

MichaelFelt, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Login issues

Hi Smith,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking and check if the issue persists.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

• If it logs in Create a new user account and link the Microsoft account and check if the issue persists.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

Login issues since the May 2018 update

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Login issues since the May 2018 update

1. Login issues since the May 2018 update - Similar Threads - Login issues since

2. No feature updates on my Lenovo Yoga since May 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No feature updates on my Lenovo Yoga since May 2018: I bought the Lenovo Yoga 920 in May 2018. It got the update 1803 the same month, and since then no other feature updates have been offered. Not 1809, not 1903. The ordinary Windows updates all download and install just fine, but when I check for updates, I get "Your device is...
  3. 1803 update has been failing since May 2018

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1803 update has been failing since May 2018: My wife has an ASUS laptop that she will, on a scattershot basis, let me know is misbehaving. Usually when I then get under the hood there are other problems, and it's farther downstream than optimal - even too late to try a system restore. In this case, she was complaining...
  4. Issues since update on November 21, 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues since update on November 21, 2018: Ever since the November 21, 2018 update my computer has been laggy, freezes up for 30 seconds or longer, closes windows/games and reopens them with a black screen but sound can still be heard....
  5. Gaming Issues since Spring 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Issues since Spring 2018 Update: Alright. I'm pretty upset at this point. The Spring Creators Update messed up my computer, costing me $400 in repairs and new harddrives. Once all that was fixed, I got all my stuff reinstalled, games, everything. Then I ran into problems with the games. Dragon Age...
  6. Cannot record audion since May 9 2018 Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot record audion since May 9 2018 Windows 10 update.: Since the May 9 2018 Windows 10 update I have not been able to record audio. This has happened with other updates and I was able to resolve it by enabling the device. This time that did not work. How can I resolve this?...
  7. AdDuplex report for May 2018 on Windows 10 April 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    AdDuplex report for May 2018 on Windows 10 April 2018 Update: Windows 10 PC OS Versions Worldwide [img] April 2018 Update managed to reach 50% of Windows 10 PCs in just one month. Windows 10 PC OS Version History [img] With 50% market share in just one month 1803 (aka April 2018 Update) is the fastest spreading Windows 10...
  8. May 2018 W10 update, desktop will not boot

in Windows 10 Support
    May 2018 W10 update, desktop will not boot: I'm not certain where this should be posted. Please advise of better place. my desktop is a Gateway, running an I5 processor. 8 g ram 500g HD. no problems until today, after running the latest microsoft update. before update, I did a system restore; but did not make backup...
  9. May 2018 updates for Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 News
    May 2018 updates for Microsoft Office: Microsoft released the following security and nonsecurity updates for Office in May 2018. These updates are intended to help our customers keep their computers up-to-date. We recommend that you install all updates that apply to you. To download an update, click the...
  10. Update for Surface Studio - May 4, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Update for Surface Studio - May 4, 2018: We’ve released a new update for Surface Studio devices with Windows 10 Version 1709 and above. This update includes a new driver for the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows that improves reliability of the Xbox Wireless Adapter. This update is available in MSI format from the...