Windows 10: Login PIN, I want to use the long very secure password I always have. How do i do this...

Discus and support Login PIN, I want to use the long very secure password I always have. How do i do this... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I like that there is another step to secure my account. But I do not want to use the PIN for my login. I want to use the password. If the 'update'... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidMerna, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Login PIN, I want to use the long very secure password I always have. How do i do this...

I like that there is another step to secure my account. But I do not want to use the PIN for my login. I want to use the password.

If the 'update' to security is, 'make the user remember another password/pin' then that's just f****** lazy.

I want to keep the PIN as a security feature but not use it for the login every time. I want my long, well thought out password.

WHERE THE GOOD G*D D*** IS THE ANSWER FOR THIS. How many people worked on this roll out and failed to think that some of us may want to use the password we have and not use a short PIN. WHAT THE H***

:)

DavidMerna, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Login PIN, I want to use the long very secure password I always have. How do i do this...

Windows 10 asking for login password even after upgrading the virus protection on the PC instead of PIN password. How to switch back to PIN password?

Hello Billy,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you see Sign-in options option on the lock screen?
    • Are you using Microsoft account to login into the user profile?

If you have set an alpha-numeric password at the installation stage of Windows 10 OS and then changed the sign-in option to PIN password, you will be able to choose between the passwords entries at the login screen of the Windows.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if you see the
    Sign-in options option on the lock screen. If you do, click on the option and check if you can choose and enter PIN password to access your user profile.

Method 2: If the option is not presented on the lock screen and you are using Microsoft account to login into the user profile,
    I suggest you to change the login password from the link below and set PIN password to your user account by following the steps below.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Accounts from the options and click on
      Sign-in options
      from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add under PIN settings, verify your account and setup a new PIN password for your user account.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Login PIN, I want to use the long very secure password I always have. How do i do this...

1. Login PIN, I want to use the long very secure password I always have. How do i do this... - Similar Threads - Login PIN long

2. how do i get past the login screen if I don't have the email password or pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do i get past the login screen if I don't have the email password or pin: I have tried to get through by using the command prompt but have no luck with that. I have tried several different things trying to get into my computer. I bought it for my daughter to use with her school account. She has since passed away and I have no passwords or pin to...
  3. how do i get past the login screen if I don't have the email password or pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get past the login screen if I don't have the email password or pin: I have tried to get through by using the command prompt but have no luck with that. I have tried several different things trying to get into my computer. I bought it for my daughter to use with her school account. She has since passed away and I have no passwords or pin to...
  4. how do i get past the login screen if I don't have the email password or pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I do not want to use my email address or a pin to login AT ALL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I do not want to use my email address or a pin to login AT ALL: I followed instructions for removing a pin. Well, guess what, that does not work. I am then told I need a code that Microsoft will send me via my EMAIL account, which I cannot login to cuz I need a code they sent me via email. I cannot access the email as it is on the web,...
  6. I want to login by using security key only and not use password anymore, How ?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to login by using security key only and not use password anymore, How ?: I want to login my account completely passwordless with my security key. So I set up my security key in "Windows Hello and security keys" and it's works fine, I can login by using my security key. But when I tried to login with my password it still can login with no...
  7. I do not want a login password !

in Windows 10 Customization
    I do not want a login password !: How do I login without a password !!! I do not want one - at all. This is ridiculous. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-want-a-login-password/46a9a6c0-5a9f-463a-a91d-283a35dec628
  8. I have forgotten my login password. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have forgotten my login password. What do I do?: I have forgotten my login password. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-login-password-what-do-i-do/26ac4897-ac0f-41bf-8922-08a6e242664e
  9. I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?: Ok, first.....I did not fall off the turnip wagon this morning and whack my head on a Maple tree. Using a PIN in place of passwords and two-step verification is one of the most insane, unsafe, non-secure things anyone could do. I do not want the stupid PIN, I will not...
  10. How long do I have to wait?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How long do I have to wait?: We all know that windows 10 updates can take ( in some cases) a considerable length of time to complete. There was a recent update that seemed to breeze through in the normal way - then came the time of configuration - restart - and a further configuration. Screen showed...