Windows 10: Login Screen Background Not same as desktop Background

Discus and support Login Screen Background Not same as desktop Background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have set the option "Show Windows Background on the sign in screen" in personalization -> Lock screen to true and I changed my wallpaper. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by blupje, Apr 8, 2016.

1. blupje Win User

Login Screen Background Not same as desktop Background

Hi,

I have set the option "Show Windows Background on the sign in screen" in personalization -> Lock screen to true and I changed my wallpaper. The sign in screen keeps the default blue sign in background.

This occurs on my PC and my laptop. Both are running Windows 10 1511
    Laptop is Enterprise PC is PRo

Any ideas? Rebooting hasn't worked on both

Regards
    Danny

:)

blupje, Apr 8, 2016
  2. 'Mike P Win User

WINDOWS

Desktop ; Settings / Personalization / Background

Lock Screen & Login Screen ; Settings / Personalization / Lock Screen

'Mike P, Apr 8, 2016
  3. UndBen Win User
    Lock screen, user login screen

Yes like bossOr said, it is easy to change the lock screen with the time and date. But trying to change the background on the login screen is not obvious, because it is not the same background as the login screen as one would think. Or it doesn't seem
    like you can even have a personalized solid color like you could with windows 8.1

UndBen, Apr 8, 2016
  4. AndreyT Win User

That's what this option is currently intended to do: when OFF, it shows solid color on login screen, when ON it shows the standard blue windows logo background on login screen. It is probably customizable, but only through a "hack" of some sort.

The ability to keep the lock screen background on login screen is coming up in the next major update. But it is not in the current official build.

There's no option to show your wallpaper on login screen and none is planned. You can, of course, use the same picture as your wallpaper as login screen background and wait till the release.

AndreyT, Apr 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Login Screen Background Not same as desktop Background - Similar Threads - Login Screen Background

2. Login screen slideshow for background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login screen slideshow for background: Hi all, I love the refreshing new images i get to see when i login to my windows station. But then i see the dead 20 year old picture of the woman running on the beach. Can I make my background change the same way the login screen changes. If not, why not. The computer...
  3. desktop background

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop background: I want to display my photo as a background on the desktop. It is important to have the photo fully displayed. Is it possible? If yes, how can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background/9c674a73-e7e4-4f38-a1c5-007e31f9b60b
  4. background screen bug at the login screen

background screen bug at the login screen: Hello. I often encounter a rather annoying bug for some time and still not fixed. this happens on the login screen to enter a session. I have the background image which is go from normal to a super zoom ... suddenly after that it becomes a mess on the desktop with the...
  5. Login background

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login background: My Login background picture became fuzzy. How can I put it in focus again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-background/17c2620e-bb21-4e9b-bb81-2f8efae18fe3
  6. Login background screen

Login background screen: I changed my background image to a new one. When my screensaver turns on and I try to unlock my screen, the background image displayed behind the login screen is my old one. How can I update this so that my new background displays?...
  7. Change Login Screen Background

Change Login Screen Background: Where can I find the setting to change the login screen background image from the default Windows logo that comes with it? 129621
  8. Desktop backgrounds on different machines changing to be the same

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Desktop backgrounds on different machines changing to be the same: Recently I noticed that the desktop backgrounds of my secondary machines have started changing to match my primary machine. This doesn't work well because I have multiple monitors on my primary machine and single monitors on my secondary machines. I use the same Microsoft...
  9. login screen background missing

login screen background missing: On a Windows 10 laptop, the login background screen (default image) is suddenly missing, as is the desktop background. When I go to Settings/Personalization/Lock Screen, the options for Background and Choose Your Picture are missing. It's my elderly father-in-law's computer...
  10. change the Login screen background?

change the Login screen background?: Is there an easy way to change the Login screen background? 13815