Windows 10: Login screen behavior

Discus and support Login screen behavior in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my desktop, Windows 10 boots to login screen and gives me a little network type icon to click which then takes me to the password entry. On my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wreckwriter, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Login screen behavior

On my desktop, Windows 10 boots to login screen and gives me a little network type icon to click which then takes me to the password entry. On my laptop I don't get the icon and I have to do a weird swipe up move to get to password screen. Would prefer the icon.

:)

wreckwriter, Jan 29, 2016

2. Windows 10 Spotlight black screen

I have the same issue on my work system (Surface Pro 4, Windows 10 Enterprise, anniversary update) and my home systems - Toshiba laptop and MSI Nightblade - both shipped with Windows 10 Home.

The laptop had issues with Spotlight before the anniversary upgrade, so it may not be a good test case. However the work system and my desktop at home worked fine before the anniversary upgrade.

The behavior of my Surface Pro 4 (Win 10 Enterprise) is the lock screen is black with the "like what you see?" hotspot active.

Hitting a key, takes me to the login screen, where the Spotlight image DOES display. It updates and changes about once per day.

The above behavior is with the "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" option "on".

If I turn the "Show lock screen..." option off, the behavior reverses. That is, the lock screen had the image (and the hotspot) while the login screen displays only the blue background and sign-in dialog box.

My home systems (Win 10 Home, anniversary update) display the same behavior.

I really like having the Spotlight image on both the lock screen and the sign-in screen.

Hopefully, you can help.

Steve

SteveSaunders56, Jan 29, 2016
  3. High Contrast theme affecting other user profiles

It's more noticeable now, but it's expected behavior. It will affect that user's "lock screen", but you'll notice that if you click another user (to login as someone else), it doesn't affect the "logon screen".

It's actually the same as Windows 7. If you simply "lock" your computer, your theme is applied to the lock screen. But if you use "switch user" instead, so that it takes you to the full login screen, it dumps back to the default theme (or really whatever
    is applied to the .default "all users" section of the registry).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 29, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Login screen behavior

Hello wreckwriter, *Smile

You should be able to also press Enter or click/tap on the lock screen to dismiss it and see the sign-in screen.

Brink, Jan 29, 2016
  5. Never tried just clicking..... Will. Thanks!

wreckwriter, Jan 29, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Tom. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Login screen behavior

1. Login screen behavior - Similar Threads - Login screen behavior

2. Chrome behavior when window is at lock screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome behavior when window is at lock screen.: Hi,I use window's powershell script which opens chrome after every 10 minutes and save some data in local file.All works well when screen is not locked and we are getting output on connected monitor.the moment when screen is locked, even though powershell script is running...
  3. Unusual Screen Behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unusual Screen Behavior: Hello everyone! I was encountering this problem not too long ago with my Windows 10 Acer Aspire A514-53. Every time I turn on my PC, a straight horizontal purple line at the bottom part of the screen keeps on blinking and lasts for at least 30 seconds or more. This behavior...
  4. Default Print Screen Behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Print Screen Behavior: I was wondering if there is a way to change the default capture for Print Screen in Windows 10.I use multiple monitors, and tapping print screen as it is, pushes a capture of both monitors to One Drive in the Screen Shots folder, which is great, but I would rather it capture...
  5. Behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Behavior: Is there a fix for privileges e.g., changing background color being removed due to "behavior" issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/behavior/3be04b8f-51b9-4a83-b78a-99dfa522cc93
  6. Weird Outlook login/authentication behavior.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird Outlook login/authentication behavior.: Ok, so "weird" is kind of vague, so here's what's going on... Recently added a user's work email to their outlook which requires not just their email, but also their domain/user, due to how their email system is set up using just the email and pass get's a reject from the...
  7. Weird screen behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird screen behavior: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cxcris [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvnrx2/weird_screen_behavior/
  8. erratic screen behavior, windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    erratic screen behavior, windows 10: screen jumps around erratically and unpredictably, left to right and up to down. can you help with possible solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erratic-screen-behavior-windows-10/a64c2218-3f20-4b8e-808a-476041184437
  9. Annoying login behavior when unlocking windows

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Annoying login behavior when unlocking windows: I have noticed something annoying and I have been unable to craft the proper search terms to get me useable results, so here goes. When I log in or unlock my screensaver on Windows 10, WHILE I AM TYPING my username, the cursor jumps within the text box thus scrambling what...
  10. Odd login behavior

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Odd login behavior: I'm working on a customer's computer and encountered something I've never seen before. Recently she upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When she goes to type her login password the login executes when she hits the last keystroke of the password. She doesn't have to...