Windows 10: Login screen - can I have the text entry box immediately ready?

Discus and support Login screen - can I have the text entry box immediately ready? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; At the Windows 10 log in screen, you normally have to press any key in order to trigger the text entry box to be presented. I'd like to have the text... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by THX1138, Jan 4, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Login screen - can I have the text entry box immediately ready?

At the Windows 10 log in screen, you normally have to press any key in order to trigger the text entry box to be presented. I'd like to have the text entry box presented immediately so this extra keypress is not needed. I like that MS did away with the Enter/Return keypress but it's a shame they added this one.

:)

THX1138, Jan 4, 2017
  2. cecrowder Win User

windows 10 Mobile - Unable to sign into aops

I am currently on build .107 am unable to sign in to apps. Facebook and Messenger work fine. However, eBay and Amazon 'ss app login screen goes black when I tap on the text box to start text entry, restarting the phone has no effect.

Lumia 640

cecrowder, Jan 4, 2017
  3. Login Screen at the back of password entry box win 10

I actually tried reformatting my windows but the image did not change. I had to revert my windows to windows 8 and then upgrade it again to win 10 just to get rid of it. Anyhow, many thanks for your help.

ElliEstores, Jan 4, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Winaero's tweaker (free), easy to find, gives an option to disable the lock screen. Note the lock screen presented from a cold boot differs from those presented in other contexts.

dalchina, Jan 4, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    The boot up lock screen cannot be removed using Windows options and has been deliberately engineered by MS to annoy everyone.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Login screen - can I have the text entry box immediately ready? - Similar Threads - Login screen text

2. Login Screen Password Box Text Input

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Screen Password Box Text Input: I can sign into my computer at the login screen. However, when I type letters into the password input box it doesn't show that I am typing anything. When I type numbers it does show the little circles indicating that I have typed something. If I just type in my password, it...
  3. Login Screen Password Box Text Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Screen Password Box Text Input: I can sign into my computer at the login screen. However, when I type letters into the password input box it doesn't show that I am typing anything. When I type numbers it does show the little circles indicating that I have typed something. If I just type in my password, it...
  4. Login Screen Password Box Text Input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. In the login Screen: No password text box available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    In the login Screen: No password text box available: In the login Screen: It is showing only username, OK button and "entered wrong password" message. No password text box available, there is no 1 power button, 2 easy of access button 3 Internet buttons i have only one option ..ie, to click OK button..But nothing...
  6. Can I enlarge the text entries in Win 10 calendar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I enlarge the text entries in Win 10 calendar?: I would like to enlarge the font for calendars in Mail and Calendar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-enlarge-the-text-entries-in-win-10-calendar/c4053610-1546-46e9-8f9c-e17fc629f609
  7. Text entry problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Text entry problem: I have a text entry problem in that I cannot input text from my keyboard or the touchscreen keyboard. They are not unresponsive. If I just push random keys, things happen. There was a similar thread elsewhere, but the solutions involve running things using run or cmd prompts,...
  8. How to have text entry fields in a pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to have text entry fields in a pdf: win 10 need capabilities of acrobat or adobe reader but cannot install acrobat in 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-have-text-entry-fields-in-a-pdf/0d769a44-b40c-4700-a5c5-1b89e34f11a4
  9. Having the desktop ready before login screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Having the desktop ready before login screen: Hello, first of all I apologize for my not perfect English. I try to explain anyway. I have some desktop computers (5). All of these have Windows 10 (latest build 1803) installed and are fully functional. In some of these, as soon as I turn them on, and before logging in...
  10. Sartup>login box>Password entry erratic.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sartup>login box>Password entry erratic.: Usually W10 works fine, get to password entry screen> enter password & Bingo, my desktop. After the latest quite large update (May not be connected) entering my PW has become erratic.: I can type it in but nothing shows in the box. I can type it in and it seems to...