Windows 10: Login Screen Help

Discus and support Login Screen Help in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently built a gaming tower for my nephews to share. It's running Windows 10 Pro x64. Everything works fine, but I'm having trouble getting the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DeaconFrost, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Login Screen Help

I recently built a gaming tower for my nephews to share. It's running Windows 10 Pro x64. Everything works fine, but I'm having trouble getting the login screen to act like I want it to. The system has three total accounts. One for each of them, and the Administrator account that's password protected. Neither of their accounts have passwords.

I'd like to have the system boot to a login screen with all three users listed. All they have to do is click their name. If I clock administrator, I get the password prompt. Right now, the system boots and auto logs in to one of the open accounts. I was able to get it to stop at a CTRL+ALT+DEL screen. However, once you hit CTRL+ALT+DEL, it immediately auto logs in to the same account.

Is my only option setting passwords on each account?

:)

DeaconFrost, Feb 14, 2018

2. Can' t get past first screen.

My laptop running Window 10 boots. The first screen displays. It's a touch screen computer. I can move the first screen off to display the login in screen. However, just as the first screen leaves, the login screen fades to a blank screen. After a
    few seconds, the first screen reappears. I just had some suggestions to help, but the suggestion start with the login screen. I can't get to the login in screen.

Help?

Pat SimmonsJS, Feb 14, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 14, 2018
  4. Login Screen Help

Caledon Ken, Feb 15, 2018
  5. cereberus Win User
    The whole point about accounts is so each users has privacy from other users. So each use should have a password. For local accounts, you can make the passwords very simple e.g. a single latter - totally insecure of course.

cereberus, Feb 15, 2018
  6. The two boys ended up fighting over who's profile was being used and who was playing who's games. So, I left my admin account with a strong password and made them choose a password for themselves. That solved several issues, technical and non-technical.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Login Screen Help

1. Login Screen Help - Similar Threads - Login Screen Help

2. Login screen. Help..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login screen. Help..: [ATTACH] I have a problem with the login screen, despite the setting to change the wallpaper every day, since installing the system, i.e. 2 months ago, I have the same wallpaper on the login screen all the time without changes. Who knows how to change it? does it have to...
  3. HELP! I cant change on the login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HELP! I cant change on the login screen: I have problem! When I start my pc it say that I need to make a new pin to login. When I press that button, I first need to login trough my microsoft account and then I need to get a sent to my phone to ensure its me that login in. When I have written the number I come to...
  4. HELP! I cant change on the login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! I cant change on the login screen: I have problem! When I start my pc it say that I need to make a new pin to login. When I press that button, I first need to login trough my microsoft account and then I need to get a sent to my phone to ensure its me that login in. When I have written the number I come to...
  5. Can't get into login screen pls help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get into login screen pls help: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/534237783041245193/874480714979115038/video0.movwhen i try to press any key it start looping again. I couldn't even try to safe boot...
  6. HELP! No login screen at startup.

HELP! No login screen at startup.: Hi there. Trying to boot my laptop, it gets stuck at the welcome page, but without the login prompt to enter my password - just the wallpaper and power button. I’ve tried every fix on the internet but it doesn’t work. Tried using ctrl+alt+del, command prompt, startup repair,...
  7. Missing login screen; Help!

Missing login screen; Help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ACat2Cats [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j5frbv/missing_login_screen_help/
  8. OOBE screen after login [Ask] [help]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OOBE screen after login [Ask] [help]: after my Windows update to 2004 version appears OOBE screen after logging in [ATTACH] at first i thought this had not entered the desktop, but after i press "Windows + x" and open "Task Manager" from there, i found an active application called "Microsoft Account" after i...
  9. Stuck before login screen Help ASAP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck before login screen Help ASAP: Before the issue occured, i had only closed my laptop and put it in sleep mode. The next time i tried to use my computer i was stuck on my login background and that was it. There was no date, time, or power option. The screen was just blank with a cursor. I gave it a couple...
  10. Black screen on login! Please help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on login! Please help!: So.. I screwed up.. I used a small program called something like Windows 10 Login Background Changer (something along those lines) and when I restarted my computer, it never reached the login screen. I can move the mouse and open Magnifier (was pushing random controls),...