Windows 10: Login screen: How to remove the 'I forgot my password/pin' link

Discus and support Login screen: How to remove the 'I forgot my password/pin' link in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; For some reason, there is a link below the field where I enter my password on the login/lock screen that says 'I forgot my password/pin.' I don't... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jedbadda, Mar 1, 2018.

1. jedbadda Win User

Login screen: How to remove the 'I forgot my password/pin' link

For some reason, there is a link below the field where I enter my password on the login/lock screen that says 'I forgot my password/pin.'

I don't think this is normal, I have seen login screens without it.

I installed Win 10 using a 'local' account, then switched to a Microsoft account if this helps.

Looked for ways to remove this link but can't find any. Anyone know how to remove it?

:)

jedbadda, Mar 1, 2018
  2. lwc_lucky Win User

How to remove "I forgot my password/pin" from lock screen, Win10

Hello,

Recently, I upgrade my Windows 10 from 1607 to 1709.

I notice my lock screen have a link below of my pin input box that is "I forgot my PIN".

This link even show if i type correct pin and login success.

Is it possible remove that link by changing registry or can disable in somewhere?

(If i remove my pin, that link show "I forgot my password")

lwc_lucky, Mar 1, 2018
  3. JedBadda Win User
    How to remove "I forgot my password/pin" from lock screen, Win10

Hmm, thanks for the feedback.

Does anyone using a Microsoft account login not have the 'forgot password/pin' link, or know how to remove it?

Login screen just looks cleaner without it. Seems like something that could pop up only if you type in the wrong PIN, rather than a permanent fixture.

JedBadda, Mar 1, 2018
  4. Login screen: How to remove the 'I forgot my password/pin' link

i think there is no way to do this !I forgot my password - considered as a new part of windows 10 login screen after fall creators update.

abdalrhman, Mar 1, 2018
Thema:

Login screen: How to remove the 'I forgot my password/pin' link

1. Login screen: How to remove the 'I forgot my password/pin' link - Similar Threads - Login screen remove

2. Forgot my login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot my login password: I forgot my laptop user and administrative password. Tried to go to safe mode, and login using administrator as username and blank as password, but not working. Please advise how to reset or login....
  3. I forgot my pin for login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my pin for login: I forgot my PIN for WIN login password was changed to PIN without my actions..on login I selected "Forgot my PIN"...and continued...How long will it take to receive a PIN? My security info change has been pending for the last 2 hours...Please respond To: *** Email address is...
  4. I forgot my pin for login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my pin for login: I forgot my PIN for WIN login password was changed to PIN without my actions..on login I selected "Forgot my PIN"...and continued...How long will it take to receive a PIN? My security info change has been pending for the last 2 hours...Please respond To: *** Email address is...
  5. How to remove "I forgot my PIN" button from Windows 10 login screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove "I forgot my PIN" button from Windows 10 login screen?: I know with certainty that I will never forget my PIN. However, using my Surface, I frequently accidentally tap that button instead of the password field or "Sign in options" button. In some fun cases, like just a moment ago, after waiting the 3 minutes for Windows to do...
  6. Forgot my Windows login PIN and no option for login with password

Forgot my Windows login PIN and no option for login with password: Hi,This windows laptop has three accounts configured with one account as admin. Unfortunately, I forgot the PIN for the Admin account. If the other members trying to download any app it asks for Admin account PIN. Though I remember the Admin account password, I don't have the...
  7. How to remove login password or pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove login password or pin: How do I remove login password or pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-login-password-or-pin/3608d983-8be6-4757-8507-74ef53312e18
  8. How to remove the forgot password/pin option in windows lock screen

How to remove the forgot password/pin option in windows lock screen: This is urgent Coz the person who wants my computer has my email ID.... He can do forget password and then recover So how to remove it ? *He's not a criminal or something.....
  9. I forgot my login password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I forgot my login password: Nuvision 2n1. How do I reset the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-login-password/7c84cf73-3e7f-4142-8a8c-9cb7025a5630"
  10. login and pin password removal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    login and pin password removal: I am sending one of my computers in to Asus for an upgrade and a needed repair. How can remove all passwords and pin numbers so Asus can do the repairs? If I first do a complete recovery can I start over with a new password or will I have to use the older password ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove i forgot my password from log-in screen