Windows 10: Login Screen Not Defaulting to Domain

Discus and support Login Screen Not Defaulting to Domain in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, Some of the computers on our domain have started to default to AzureAD when trying to sign in. Normally you can sign directly into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by imconrad, Jul 30, 2018.

1. imconrad Win User

Login Screen Not Defaulting to Domain

Hello Everyone,

Some of the computers on our domain have started to default to AzureAD when trying to sign in.

Normally you can sign directly into our domain and authenticate against our on premise AD.

Users now have to type "domain\connor" instead of "connor".

How do i stop this from happening?

Appreciate any help!

:)

imconrad, Jul 30, 2018

2. Login Screen Background keeps defaulting to stock image

I've set a custom image on my lock screen to show up on the initial login screen whenever I first start up my computer. But occasionally, the login screen defaults to a stock landscape image that comes with Windows 10.

To clarify, here are the steps I've taken:

• Go into Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen
    • EDIT: Set image to Picture
    • Click Browse... to look for and select a picture
    • Turn on Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

However, no matter how many times I retake these steps, the default login screen background occasionally
    comes back. How do I stop this from happening?

UPDATE: I forgot to mention a step here in my initial post. I have already set the background to
    Picture, thus the custom image.

AndrewSarley, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Flissa Win User
    Is it possible to modify the default User Icon on the login screen?

Here is a screenshot of my two user accounts showing two different icons. When I login to either account the icon shows on welcome, login. lock, switch user and any other screen where users appear. Dont know much about png etc so never touched those files. I have found many things changed in Win10 from Win7. All I can say is my user icons are the way I want them and I changed them using the method I suggested. Sorry I cant solve your problem but I'm sure someone on this site will eventually come up with a better answer than me. Regards .

Login Screen Not Defaulting to Domain [​IMG]

Flissa, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Login Screen Not Defaulting to Domain - Similar Threads - Login Screen Defaulting

2. Is there a way to change the login screen background for the default login screen ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to change the login screen background for the default login screen ?: The screens come up with Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 12, etc and have the user name and you click on the user and it asks for the login password. What I would really like is to change this login screen to show a blue or black screen with justLoginUsername: Password:...
  3. Is there a way to change the login screen background for the default login screen ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change the login screen background for the default login screen ?: The screens come up with Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 12, etc and have the user name and you click on the user and it asks for the login password. What I would really like is to change this login screen to show a blue or black screen with justLoginUsername: Password:...
  4. Is there a way to change the login screen background for the default login screen ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hide domain name in login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide domain name in login screen: Greetings Is there any way to hide domain name in windows 10 login screen for end users? Or even if we can replace it by another alias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-domain-name-in-login-screen/d3ff24bd-5904-48b6-84c0-ba919f778322
  6. Hide domain name in login screen

Hide domain name in login screen: Greetings Is there any way to hide domain name in windows 10 login screen for end users? Or even if we can replace it by another alias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-domain-name-in-login-screen/d3ff24bd-5904-48b6-84c0-ba919f778322
  7. Hide domain name in login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain: I am currently trying to implement the following configuration for the Windows 10 login as part of a project. The last logged in user will not be remembered for security reasons done and at login the option Local / Domain Login should be displayed as default. The use of...
  9. Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain

Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain: I am currently trying to implement the following configuration for the Windows 10 login as part of a project. The last logged in user will not be remembered for security reasons done and at login the option Local / Domain Login should be displayed as default. The use of...
  10. Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 keeps defaulting to local login instead of domain

2. lenovo defaulting to image rather than local \ domain option

3. win10 logon not deafulting to local laptop[

4. windows logon defaulting to local user not domain,
  5. how to stop windows 10 screen defaulting to domain